Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hurt comes before the heal.

Does this mean that I can no longer call him "Miroslaw" now that we know his name

We only know his last name, so you're still fine.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 12:57PM

Images%20(10)
joined Oct 9, 2022

I feel bad that my brain immediately filled in the "criminal scum" part after reading this chapter's title.

So are we going to get things resolved this early? Hope so!

STOP!

Emerges from toilet

You've violated the law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence...

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Narita should be a lesson for the readers in forming hasty impressions of people.

joined May 29, 2021

Stop right there, Criminal Scum!

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I believe in Narita-kun supremacy

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

There you go, (N)Arita. Thought you'd be Jeff forever lol

I still like calling him Jeff still XD

Mr. Jones posted:

When you're named after an airport you have no choice but to become a wingman.

Oh my god that's so funny! :)

He's literally trying to get these two precious cargos to a safe landing.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

The previously annoying guy and his redemption arc....I'M HERE FOR IT. Get them together Narita!!!!

Also what happened to her fingers? Is she biting them?

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

The previously annoying guy and his redemption arc....I'M HERE FOR IT. Get them together Narita!!!!

When did he need redemption?

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Yet again NaritaGOD proving that he is the best character of the series and closing the mouths of those who thought bad of him bc he is a teen man

joined Nov 22, 2019

Nah, she started playing guitar. Remember a couple a chapters ago where her uncle bought her a guitar to cheer her up?

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 3:06PM

joined May 29, 2021

The previously annoying guy and his redemption arc....I'M HERE FOR IT.

Does a person really need a redemption arc when it was the AUDIENCE who had the wrong impression?

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 3:26PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nah, she started playing guitar. Remember a couple a chapters ago where her uncle bought her a guitar to cheer her up?

Not in the sense of learning it- not sure if you mean that or not. She's been playing guitars for years and already owned one or more- but this was her first brand new one, so i guess she really got into playing it.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 3:57PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The previously annoying guy and his redemption arc....I'M HERE FOR IT.

Does a person really need a redemption arc when it was the AUDIENCE who had the wrong impression?

Remember she called him jerkface in the manga - not us- for a good reason- he DID give a bad first impression- he tried to shmoose homework out of our girl and dissed her when he couldnt

Its not a big suprise that stuck- even tho its been getting obvious for a while he wasnt as shallow and self serving as he came across.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 4:57PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Not in the sense of learning it- not sure if you mean that or not. She's been playing guitars for years but this was her first brand new one, so i guess she really got into playing it.

I have no idea how it works since I am a bassist, but it looked like she only had an ACOUSTIC guitar (ch.8 ), and this is her first electric one. The strings are made of different materials as far as I'm concerned, so the transition might be this painful.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 4:01PM

The return of Fuzzy puff
Screen%20shot%202021-08-07%20at%2010.26.05%20pm
joined Oct 7, 2020

Usually acoustic guitar strings are a heavier gauge than electric and are harder to play, the material doesn’t really come into it.. and unlike bass strings there isn’t very much flatwound (smooth like double bass strings) vs roundwound ( textured like guitar strings) debate with guitarists as guitarist that play flats are rare… that said when I first started playing bass I got blisters.. and I’ve had a few times where I have even many years later… usually if I ended up playing a 5+ hour show…

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 4:42PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Thanks for the help jerkface

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

Yet again NaritaGOD proving that he is the best character of the series and closing the mouths of those who thought bad of him bc he is a teen man

So, the typical teen man thinks he can manipulate girls to his satisfaction at the girl's expense? Narita states in thought that he's used to wrapping girls around his finger (manipulate) to his self satisfaction. That's how he approached Mistuki, which when he didn't get what he wanted out of her he openly mocked her in class. Aya then called Narita out for his harmful treatment of others.

Given actual content and context to the series, where were people thinking bad of him simply because he's a teen man?
If people were thinking bad of him simply for being a teen man, then all his actual wrongs must be indicative of being a teen man.

The issue wasn't comments calling him out, but condemning him thus preventing "redemption". A redemption that started after Aya called him out and Mitsuki confronted him.

The back-swing then was to condemn while the forward-swing now is to absolve. And yet neither are the truth of the matter. Narita did wrong, but that's clearly not the whole of his person.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 6:01PM

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

The art is so cool, and the coloring. I ship the guy with the girl who found out about glasses girl.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Yeah, agreed. I love yuri allies and Arita-kun being a wingman but let's also hold him accountable for being a jerkface initially. To be fair, he did say no one has ever turned him down before(or something like that) so that's why he held onto that belief for a while. So having these 2 cool girls shut him down brought him back to earth and he's discovered that that's the best place to look up to (yuri) heaven.

Rider_maid_cropped2
joined Jun 25, 2022

Still going to call Narita "jerkface", but that's because I'm fond of him lol (like a nickname used as a friendly jab).

Ec324dcc-cdf2-41b8-a84a-08270b64c8bc
joined Feb 20, 2019

"Jerkface" it sounds prefect nickname for him

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This guy is basically building bridges between these girls at this point lmao

joined Dec 29, 2019

This guy is basically building bridges between these girls at this point lmao

He's in the Yuri Wingman Engineering Corps?

joined Oct 30, 2017

arita-kun is so nice <3

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Sorry I doubted you, dude. You're a nice wingman

To reply you must either login or sign up.