Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I love this manga far too much.

joined Feb 15, 2013

So yuri saved the day?

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Yay, we win
I thought this manga had a decent chance to have anime however since end already two year ago her chance over too

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So our epic pseudoscience journey climaxes with yuri kisses, as all great stories do

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Great. Loved it. Now, pardon me while I slip out to earn a PhD in quantum mechanics so I can understand WTF I just read.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So now I'm quite curious... what exactly IS Yukari?

Kind of a rough script in Ch.17, though; some weird wording.

Klz1234699998m
joined May 15, 2012

I want Manabu to end up with Alice T_T

SERIOUS!! the scene of farewell between Manabu and Alice in Jaunt facility on ch 12 broke my heart ...i really hoped for her to preserve at least some of those feeling in the original :'(

joined Apr 14, 2013

Wow did not expect this to get so confusing and so dark. Happy for that ending kiss :p

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I saw some errors. pg 167 says "thing" instead of "think".
pg 175 says "be" instead of "me"
pg 178 "understand t's true significance" there is an "i" missing in "it'
pg 179 "see thing" instead of "see things"

last edited at Feb 13, 2015 11:55PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

there's still the extra chapters and yukari's love letter to gaku left. but with the chapter 18 translation, the main story is completed.

I'm extremely interested on the spoilered part.

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

there's still the extra chapters and yukari's love letter to gaku left. but with the chapter 18 translation, the main story is completed.

yes pleaSE. Though I am a little sad that Alice and Gaku won't be a thing. Maybe Nanami and Alice can become a couple instead :D

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Thank you for uploading it!

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

yes pleaSE. Though I am a little sad that Alice and Gaku won't be a thing. Maybe Nanami and Alice can become a couple instead :D

the spoilered part is found at the very end of volume three. it was translated about a year ago by an /a/non named Inon. i saved the translation just in case. i can post it here if people are interested. just know that it is a very rough translation. might be better to wait and see if the people translating on /a/ right now decide to translate it along with the extras.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Yay! I understood nothing! I must reread it again, I see!

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

raw + translation of chapter 17 are on /a/
https://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/120455563
fucking awesome chapter. greatest manga ever.

and there's still one more chapter + 3 extras to go!

post-edit: from baka i found out that the plot came from a novel, now i really want to read it, i wish i can find it in english

http://translation-blog.tumblr.com/post/62897397512/project-page-murasakiiro-no-qualia-the-qualia-of
last update was april 18 of last year so unfortunately it doesnt look like its gonna be finished any time soon.

thanks anyway, i'll loook for it, and be patience,
waiting for the extras, i can say the ending was satisfying,
for a sci-fi fan, like me, perhaps there was few phisic and too much romanticism, but that's cause the first law of sci-fi: more a plot is good, and more is difficult to find an appropriate ending,
however, there was lot of philosofy and anthropology, and i like it, and the words yukari speak were pure gold

last edited at Feb 14, 2015 5:12AM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

This was one of those Mangas that when they update you're like oh fuck. Anyway, I guess it's still yuri in the end!? Also, I'm laughing at that one manabu who's flying and looks like a magical girl (madoka magica would make sense)

last edited at Feb 14, 2015 11:21AM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

This is one of the best written things i've ever come across. Not only does it broach on really complicated ideas and theorems but it manages to blend them so well into the story that it all becomes incredibly compelling and never feels like exposition.

This gripped me in a way that i've rarely been gripped by any form of media entertainment, a damn fine manga!

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

I'm sad the last two chapters of this amazing story don't have decent translation.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm sad the last two chapters of this amazing story don't have decent translation.

Theres one in the works by the amazing people on the SA forums.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Ergh. This had a lot of really good moments, but it also had a lot of really bad ones, normally where it devolved into bad psudoscience and philosophy. Unfortunately, this entire chapter was made of that junk.

The idea that she couldn't effect Yukari's fate because it's only hers makes no sense because A) she effected countless other people's fates far more drastically with no issue what so ever and B) it implies that Ukari wanted to be tortured and/or killed, which seems wrong.

The idea that it was bad for her to try and manipulate Yukari's fate is even worse. Countless people try and manipulate other's fates on a regular basis; normally we call them heroes, or emts or fire men or doctors. The only differences between Manabu and them are that she had much better tools and was only focused on saving one person.

Finally, the idea of qualia of perception breaks down for a being with Manabu's perspective or even just a normal transhuman cyborg. Since she can become someone else and gain their memories, she can see things through their eyes. Once you can do that sort of thing, the concept of being unable to truly see things from another perspective breaks down.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Finally, the idea of qualia of perception breaks down for a being with Manabu's perspective

Does it? My understanding is that, in spite of everything, Manabu cannot conceptualise a world in which every living thing is literally a robot that she can touch and disassemble at will. Likewise, she's unable to conceptualise expressing mathematics as an image. Even if she has transcended to a higher level of observation, the "reality" she observes is still limited to what "is" because her fundamental nature is still that of Hato Manabu, a human with a human's perception of reality.

Hence my question: what, then, IS Yukari?

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

the twist in their world is that something in the mind-body interaction allows for some kind of quantum tomfoolery. it's most likely available to everyone, but the strength of that mind-quantum-body interaction and how it actually manifests itself depends on the qualia that a person has.

so i believe yukari is a human like everyone else, she just has unique qualia for the things that make up a human. and she's not something special even though she has that unique qualia; everyone has their own unique qualia for everything. it's why the class prez can predict the weather, why shou is a great runner, why alice sees math problems as pictures, and why gaku is able to adapt so easily to strange situations. i'd go as far as saying that because yukari has her unique qualia, she can be considered human.

joined May 10, 2011

Damn, imagine if every school life yuri went this way.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I know the plot was something completely different but in the end the essence of it looked like Gaku did the Madoka and became the everywhere present god thingie and Yukari did the Homura and pulled her out back into being human....I want to unsee it ;_;

joined Feb 4, 2014

I really wish I could say that I understood all of the theorems, laws, concepts, propositions, and everything else but dear flying spaghetti monsters in the sky I could not for the life of me follow some of this stuff.

Let me make an attempt though. Probably going to crash and burn.

So if I'm understanding the logic that was presented in this chapter. Is it safe to say that while she thought she was controlling the fate of every person she became, including her own multiverse forms she was still only doing it through the 'original' her's perspective and that's why Yukari kept dying in every attempt is because it was what the 'original' Gaku would always remember/perceive as going to likely happen to the girl while at the same time that's why she couldn't become Alice or Yukari because they already had a firm grasp of their so-called 'fates'.

I think everything I've read so far is just too far beyond my education and I should just go and do more research that will probably just leave me asking more questions than anything. Either way I'm still enjoying this story.

Can't wait for the rest of this series to come out though.

last edited at Feb 15, 2015 4:23AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.