Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

megamind_is_my_wife
joined Sep 3, 2022

Any recs for manga featuring a character who doesn't have the standard skinny with a layered bob look? The only example I can think of is Ashuna from the executioner and her way of life who is tall and vaguely muscular. They don't even have to be a main character I'm starving for non conventional character designs in my yuri.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Any recs for manga featuring a character who doesn't have the standard skinny with a layered bob look? The only example I can think of is Ashuna from the executioner and her way of life who is tall and vaguely muscular. They don't even have to be a main character I'm starving for non conventional character designs in my yuri.

Haena from the webtoon "Sora and Haena" ? Alex from "Marie and Alex" is quite buff. The main character from "Club" and the one from "On Leash" too. I don't know if they'll meet your expectations but here you go.

last edited at Sep 3, 2022 4:02AM

joined Jul 7, 2022

Not a manga but the webtoon Mage and Demon Queen seems to fit.

joined Oct 3, 2017

Anyone got something similar to kitanai kimi ga ichiban kawaii? or happy sugar life?

Otherwise something similar to looking up to magical girls up to before the current arc. Is up to date on liar satsuki alrady

Something that is a bit more serious but with good/interesting/believable characters (was a bit iffy on gunjo). Or just something that’s dark with fckuked plot. Something that starts off light and unassuming but turns morbid would be a treat too. Cool artstyle is a plus.

joined Aug 10, 2014

Is there any manga on this site that features awkward first times ? Like, either one or both of the leads are virgins and don't really know what to do

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Is there any manga on this site that features awkward first times ? Like, either one or both of the leads are virgins and don't really know what to do

Bright and Cheery Amnesia

Sort of. The dominant on on the relationship gets amnesia and forgets how to have sex among other things, and her girlfriend doesn't know how to take the lead.

Untitled11231232312
joined Apr 13, 2022

anyone recommend me yuri one-shots I'm open for anything. Just give your best/favorite ones.

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Hi I would like some yuri recs that are not very well-known but has very nice art and at least a decent story :D!! One-shots and short-ish stories perferred.* thank you all <3

last edited at Sep 26, 2022 9:11AM

joined Mar 8, 2022

hi, any yuri reccs with a lot of (sexual) tension and pining/yearning?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

hi, any yuri reccs with a lot of (sexual) tension and pining/yearning?

Bright and Cheery Amnesia

joined Aug 29, 2016

Not a manga but the webtoon Mage and Demon Queen seems to fit.

Agreed. Mage and Demon Queen is great.

joined Feb 19, 2022

also a great rec for sexual tension and pining and yearning from the last request

joined Jul 26, 2019

Hey Everyone!

So I just finished reading the masterpiece that was “Getting to Know Grace”. It really was one of those series that’s just chef’s kiss. Thanks to everyone who recommended it on this forum. I’ve read Moonlight Garden a few years ago and found Getting to Know Grace to be significantly better - both in terms of character/relationship progression, dialogue and world building (but not in terms of romantic/sexy scenes of course ;) ). I did still enjoy MG a lot.

I tried to read some of the other recs that went along with Getting to Know Grace, like Ghost of Greywoods, Goodbye My Rose Garden, etc. and honestly they all paled in comparison and seemed almost comical in how one-dimensional the plot/characters were. Some of the dialogues were so bad… I even tried Opium, which seemed universally loved, but didn’t find either of the protagonists compelling (or even likable), or the character motivations involving much depth.

All that being said, I was wondering if any of you have other recs that involve well parsed out storylines, characters and/or relationship dynamics similar to those in Getting to Know Grace? Whether it’s manhwa or manga. I don’t particularly care what the setting is either, although admittedly the historical aspect did add to its charm.

And of course I’m aware a lot of this is personal preference! Thanks in advance!

joined Mar 12, 2018

Hey Everyone!

So I just finished reading the masterpiece that was “Getting to Know Grace”. It really was one of those series that’s just chef’s kiss. Thanks to everyone who recommended it on this forum. I’ve read Moonlight Garden a few years ago and found Getting to Know Grace to be significantly better - both in terms of character/relationship progression, dialogue and world building (but not in terms of romantic/sexy scenes of course ;) ). I did still enjoy MG a lot.

I tried to read some of the other recs that went along with Getting to Know Grace, like Ghost of Greywoods, Goodbye My Rose Garden, etc. and honestly they all paled in comparison and seemed almost comical in how one-dimensional the plot/characters were. Some of the dialogues were so bad… I even tried Opium, which seemed universally loved, but didn’t find either of the protagonists compelling (or even likable), or the character motivations involving much depth.

All that being said, I was wondering if any of you have other recs that involve well parsed out storylines, characters and/or relationship dynamics similar to those in Getting to Know Grace? Whether it’s manhwa or manga. I don’t particularly care what the setting is either, although admittedly the historical aspect did add to its charm.

And of course I’m aware a lot of this is personal preference! Thanks in advance!

"Getting to Know Grace" is unique in its genre, it's incredibly good so it's kind of hard to find a story with the same mood but the author made another manhua named Words and Kisses, it's short but it made me happy to get to read this author again.

I don't know if you've read Her ShimCheong, it's not as dark as "Getting to Know Grace" but it's an intense and kind of less mature (imo) read.

There's also Re-Blooming from the same author of "Ghosts of the Greywoods", it takes place on a more modern setting and in the beginning, it seems like a cliché story but the more you read, the more you realize that you're being deceived. The characters can make you think that they're kind of generic at the start but they get so much more depth and introspection as the story continues. It's not as dark as "Getting to Know Grace" or even "Ghosts of the Greywoods", but speaking of storytelling I think "Re-Blooming" is better than the latter. It's a personal fav.

Living Will has kind of the same characters design as "Getting to Know Grace", the story is told in 10 chapters, I didn't find it life-changing but it's fun I guess. It's tragic, it's historical and more importantly it involves a loyal assassin trying to save her friend/lover.

Here are some suggestions which I'm not sure if it's meeting your requirements :

• Sea of June, a dark historical read with a twist of supernatural, not unforgettable but not bad either.
  • Reign of Desire, I didn't really like it, almost hated it but I don't know if you'll like it. It's historical and got a lot of drama.
  • I don't know if you're ok with reading BL but I really liked A Painter Behind the Curtain (I'm usually not very fond of BL story but this one got me occupied during a GL drought), the world-building is very good, the design incredible but it's not dark and the dynamic between the mc is generic (bad boy x damsel in distress).

And voilà, hope you enjoy the suggestions.

D5164b27-cfaa-445d-9e4d-39ed256e1b0a
joined Mar 4, 2021

Hey Everyone!

hmm maybe on a leash but its ongoing so i'd recommend it only based on what i hv read (ch 55 iirc)
i seconded her tale of shim chong but it was too dense (too much text) too my liking iirc, at least compared to other yuri
i know u asked manga/manhwa, but maybe u'll enjoy us comics on a sunbeam, it is one of my fav gl story ever (getting to know grace too).
all these titles hv decent world building and interesting stories

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 8:23AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

read Blooming Sequence and Ring My Bell

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

hmm maybe on a leash but its ongoing so i'd recommend it only based on what i hv read (ch 55 iirc)

Wasn't this one sort of dropped? Or did it come back without my realising it?

last edited at Oct 3, 2022 12:30PM

joined Mar 12, 2018

It came back ! The author got the rights back last year if I'm not mistaking.

last edited at Oct 3, 2022 2:00PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

It came back ! The author got the rights back last year if I'm not mistaking.

Wow, that's so awesome! I really liked that one and wished it would continue, but I had kind of lost hope. I'm excited to read it again now! Thanks for letting me know, guys :)

joined Mar 12, 2018

Wow, that's so awesome! I really liked that one and wished it would continue, but I had kind of lost hope. I'm excited to read it again now! Thanks for letting me know, guys :)

You're welcome :)

Is there any small age gaps mangas where one of the characters is in collage and the other one is in high school? I think I saw one before not sure if it was here but I remember being very obsessed with the dynamic!

Also any good onee-san mangas lately?( any type )

joined Oct 9, 2022

Any recommendations - slow build up, heartfelt, mature mind stories like Fluttering Feelings? can't find one like it again

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Any recommendations - slow build up, heartfelt, mature mind stories like Fluttering Feelings? can't find one like it again

I know I already said it but Blooming Sequence by Lee Eul, it's also a manhwa and sooo good, it needs all the attention

To reply you must either login or sign up.