Forum › Summer, Lemon, and Overlay discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Oooohhh it's here!! I was just talking about it recently, niiiice!

joined Feb 10, 2022

Nice too see this one here. Haven't check the raw tho it looked pretty interesting

Abbysmug
joined May 15, 2020

Holy shit, what a rollercoaster of a first chapter

Someone spoil me, sad or happy ending?

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

I'm not sure how to feel about this yet. I feel like it will definitely have an ending where they convince each other to choose life and start dating. But I hope it gets more fucked up than that...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

You would think it would occur to the MC that while her life might be crappy, their worlds can't be TOO different if this lady is planning suicide.

If anything, their outlooks seem oddly similar . . . or am I the only one who found the MC's musings about escaping this terrible life vaguely suicidal?

joined Apr 16, 2022

This was certainly an arresting first chapter. The plot hook is unique and interesting, and both protagonists are pretty compelling with fairly unusual personalities and situations. Thanks a lot for the translation!

You would think it would occur to the MC that while her life might be crappy, their worlds can't be TOO different if this lady is planning suicide.

If anything, their outlooks seem oddly similar . . . or am I the only one who found the MC's musings about escaping this terrible life vaguely suicidal?

When the MC talks about "the world of reality," I don't think she's really talking about being happy. Rereading page 7, she seems more to be contrasting people who are "beautiful and confident" with her as "worthless and alone." I think it's more to do with her jealousy of people who, unlike her, are talented and successful at achieving their dreams? She points out that Sayaka must have some strong desire (such as revenge) to want to both kill herself and have a farewell letter be read aloud at her funeral, while the MC -- despite her escapist musings -- is still stuck in the same rut she's been in for seven years.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Wut. Is this premise.

Ppp
joined Sep 6, 2018

its only chapter 1, but already raised a death flag?!

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

If she sick? That is the only explanation

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Small typo on page 23, bottom panel:
farawell -> farewell

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This was certainly an arresting first chapter. The plot hook is unique and interesting, and both protagonists are pretty compelling with fairly unusual personalities and situations. Thanks a lot for the translation!

When the MC talks about "the world of reality," I don't think she's really talking about being happy. Rereading page 7, she seems more to be contrasting people who are "beautiful and confident" with her as "worthless and alone."

Well, sure, but . . . beautiful, confident, and actively planning her death. That last bit should kind of put the envy in perspective, is what I'm saying.

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

If she sick? That is the only explanation

She either has a terminal illness and she's attempting to hold out till end of summer or she's suicidal and she's attempting to end it as summer ends.

last edited at Sep 27, 2022 6:44PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Huh. Either ill or suicidal. Well. that's... different.

joined Apr 16, 2022

When the MC talks about "the world of reality," I don't think she's really talking about being happy. Rereading page 7, she seems more to be contrasting people who are "beautiful and confident" with her as "worthless and alone."

Well, sure, but . . . beautiful, confident, and actively planning her death. That last bit should kind of put the envy in perspective, is what I'm saying.

It should, but it doesn't, which reveals a lot about the MC's personality.

last edited at Sep 27, 2022 7:23PM

joined Aug 1, 2021

I'm not ready for this honestly. Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata is taking its toll on me too much and now this comes. I know this might sound wrong but I genuinely just hope she is suicidal and not Ill. there is some hope for that at least to live..

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

o.O is all i've got to say to this one

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

It's not really about death, is it? Like in a literal sense I mean. Because the first page shows both of them at a funeral (I assume) and alive.

I... I guess they got me. I have to see where this is heading.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

got damn this seems like a great story, I am interested.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I love the author previous work, it's beautiful and also, about the previous work heavy topics they also touched the topic of suicide, so that might be what's going on here as well
I want to enjoy it but I'm also very NOT into tragic stories, I had my fair share already..... ughh, that sounds so emo

last edited at Sep 27, 2022 8:05PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

Well, okay. I'm intrigued.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Yeaaasss, I loved Miyahara Miyako's previous work, it's possibly my favorite yuri series of all time. So I'm SUPER excited to see what they cook up

And they seem to have a calling that. That calling card being fucked up wild concepts

Images%20(24)
joined Jan 22, 2022

looking forward to chap 2

joined Feb 7, 2017

Why would her first immediate thought be "this lady is crazy" and not "she must have some sort of illness"

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Couldn't it be a social funeral? Like leaving her current social life behind and saying farewell to her past... and become someone else... at least that's what I hope for instead of the terminal illness or suicidal route cries

To reply you must either login or sign up.