Forum › The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess discussion

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

my hype is plentiful

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Fed up office lady gets transported to a fantasy world to still do office job lmao

edit: also the title doesn't seem to be too accurate, she clearly didn't seem to be fed up with her job and actually liked it but got fired...

last edited at Aug 23, 2022 5:03PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

It looks interesting. Will see how it goes...

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Interesting start with good potential. Villainess could be two faced and faking the kindness or get manipulated later. MC set herself up to fail by saying she has foresight when she will ruin her predictions later but making earlier predictions which will alter the course of the story. Hopefully she just plain with no magic imo as I think it would be a challenge for her then to keep up with everything.

joined Apr 16, 2022

edit: also the title doesn't seem to be too accurate, she clearly didn't seem to be fed up with her job and actually liked it but got fired...

Title doesn't say what she was fed up with

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Are there that many Yuri Villainess stories for there to be a pattern? Or is it more just about Villainess stories in general? I think most stories just struggle with making their protagonist anything but good, so that would apply to most Villainess stories as well, but there are some out there. The Villainess Lives Twice immediately comes to mind as someone that is decidedly amoral.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Honestly I’m surprised that she was so ready to just accept Midori as a familiar and in all gave no shit about the fact a human came out of her summoning circle. It’s also curious that she tried to protect Midori and kept her close as she contained the MC’s summon, despite her being a stranger or “useless” without being able to use magic.

I think rather than evil, I think she’s rather just a hardass due to tragedy and upbringing that along the progression of the story the type of ruler her fiancé seemed to be and the MC’s views was just disappointing or disjointed from the future and ideals she sought or valued so it ended with her revolting against them. Or perhaps, she’s designed to be a tragic figure condemned in order to revolutionize the change of the current class system. There are some likelihood of the latter bc it’s very likely her sister was murdered, for the purpose of propelling Lapis as the heir of their family, and she could be carrying the guilt and burden for a long time leading to her making her decision

last edited at Aug 23, 2022 8:08PM

joined Mar 25, 2019

The ending reminds me of the story of Joseph. For those who don't know, Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers and was bought by Potiphar. However, Joseph's education made him too valuable to be a mere slave so Potiphar promoted him to head servant. Only time will tell if this trend continues.

Here's the moment I'm talking about from the movie Joseph: King of Dreams at 3:06. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICVgH1EN2do

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

joined Jan 20, 2022

Damn I'm rooting for them, nice plot Office worker and Villainess in one. damn I've been wanting this kind of story my stwo fav. genre.

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

I Favor the Villainess x Zero no Tsukaima.

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

Heard my name

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Are there that many Yuri Villainess stories for there to be a pattern?

Someone must have figured out that to capitalise on lesbians you just need a hot, but likable villainess.

joined Aug 18, 2022

OOOOHHH YEEAAAHHHH BABY A NEW VILLAINESS MANGA THAT'S WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT! Overdone plot but gosh I love it. Looking forward to this!

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

familiar of zero yuri

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Pretty set in the tropes of the, err, "isekay otome villainess" sub-genre(?), but seens fun! i'm a tiny little bit unconfortable about the whole familiar contract ( i hate the "happy slave" character that a lot os these generic isekays tend to have a lot).
I sure am in the mood for some confy and happy stuff, just finished watching "The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent" (Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu) and while it was generic as it can be it had just the level of wholesome i wanted (the pletora of hunks and pretty ladys didnt hurt either, crackship liz x aira btw).
Big thanks for the scanlation and hosting.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

WONDERFUL

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

How long until we find out the OL really does have a cheat power?

joined Aug 18, 2022

How long until we find out the OL really does have a cheat power?

Probably 10 chapters in... Or earlier.

Also, is it just me or does Midori ACTS and LOOKS like wife material?

joined Jul 8, 2016

The most unbelievable thing about this is that someone memorized a gatcha games story, and doesn't just mash the skip button.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

The most unbelievable thing about this is that someone memorized a gatcha games story, and doesn't just mash the skip button.

As someone who plays Honkai and Revived Witch, etc., not all Gacha games story are trash and are skip worthy.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

That's why no one gets summoned into the fantasy world in real life

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That's why no one gets summoned into the fantasy world in real life

Somehow, that observation has just blown my mind.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I kinda want to see things back to the office for a brief moment, like "oh my God, the moment we fired the person who was supporting the whole office, the performance in general decreased in 30% but (((why)))?" .

Yes, I totally feel the same.

joined Jul 28, 2020

While I don't have much faith in her being actually evil either, I do hope we'll get to see more of Lapis' (dis)organization methods in the future, ADHD Villainess x Overachieving OL is an oddly specific combination I didn't know I needed before.
Anyway despite how generic everything else is, at least their relationship seems interesting, MC is a lovable mess with even lower self-esteem than Gacha luck, and the way the story frames her interactions with Lapis makes it clear Mitori would have clung to her for the simple fact that she gave her a bit of acknowledgement even if the misunderstood, hard-working villainess had happened to be a 100% unambiguously evil person. It's more of a toxic dynamic I would have expected to find in a manga with the "depressing as f*ck" tag honestly, but I'm interested in future developments nonetheless.

To reply you must either login or sign up.