Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

joined Sep 28, 2017

Ok so here are my guesses.

1. I don't think she's actually dead. I mean, I really doubt Satsuki won't start giving her CPR (and a gratuitous first kiss scene) and reanimate her. If the sight dissapeared must be because, well, she's technically "dead" (if you count death as the heart stopping that is) but can be "revived" with the right attention (Satsuki seems to know a lot about healtcare and first response attention)

2. IF she actually dies, well, Satsuki will break up and will seek revenge (at least for a while) on the prez, who will ultimately die, but not in a gruesome way, here's my guess:

3. Satsuki won't put herself on his level, so she won't kill him herself, not even puting him in a dangerous situation.

4. At some point, Satsuki will be able to see the prez "corpse". He won't believe her but his helper will have a redemption arc and will ask Satsuki to help him.

5. Of course, prez won't accept any help, and eventually will die on Satsuki's arms, not before saying something ironic about life and death or something, and obviously with his trademark smile on his face.

I knew someone was gonna die BUT bruh

joined May 23, 2017

Was the premonition corpse there the day before? I thought corpse only shows 24 hours before the actual death

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

YAY!!! it finally happened!!!!!

joined Sep 28, 2017

Was the premonition corpse there the day before? I thought corpse only shows 24 hours before the actual death

Wll, if that's the case then she's definitely not dead, and since the corpse disappeared then it also means Satsuki has done something to save her form the true death without even knowing it.

8abdf478-6a82-44b1-8f02-abaa8c9ba316
joined May 20, 2022

I hope he gets thee absolute worst death in the galaxy. I’m talking about Diavolo in Jojos Bizarre Adventure infinite death.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Ok uuh how the hell did she knew that her bag was there? '-'

I was wondering the same

joined May 23, 2017

Wll, if that's the case then she's definitely not dead, and since the corpse disappeared then it also means Satsuki has done something to save her form the true death without even knowing it.

I hope so. Unless the author forgot abt it lol. Though given how the very beginning in chapter one when it said satsuki tried to choose the best result but invoke the worst outcome... Feels like more deaths are incoming

Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

A character's moral code can be broken when the antagonist keeps pushing the protagonist too much, Prez's masterplan succeeds and Satsuki not gonna stand there and rant about how awful Prez is, let's not forget Akira's dad, one way or another Satsuki has to break her code due to Akira's dad possibly lead the worst circumstances to Akira and her mother.

And 50+ chapters with that moral code sounds pretty long, it's time for that spicy drama you know.

Honestly I don't think that Satsuki's moral code will break, giving the fact that we didn't fully explored her backstory and why she has that moral code yet, currently I could see the opposite happening with President's moral code being broken
I could see her pulling a move similar to what Superman did on "Superman VS The Elite" where he pretended to break his moral code and going berserk to scare off and deconstruct the antagonist that was trying to break him

I think Satsuki is going to do something to scare and deconstruct the president, make him feel like the victim this time, maybe with his corpse or the girl who's always with him (I forgot her name) showing up and he can't figure out the cause of death and getting desperate when Satsuki refuses to help him find the cause, with her pretending that she finally bought what he has been selling, I bet the president would break if that happened to someone he cares about like his partner

last edited at Aug 11, 2022 12:40PM

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

There's so much to unpack this chapter, but the Seo reveal kind of blew my mind. It's very likely now that the student council had nothing to do with Miho's 2nd death and it was entirely masterminded by Seo.

We learned in chapter 34 she's been chatting with Michiru ever since Michiru met Miho. And she's the one who talked Michiru into using salad oil. Unless she worked with the student council, which seems impossible, all she'd have to do is swap the contents and Miho's dead. Why she'd do this, I have no idea, but the manga has already raised questions of how good or evil Seo is deep down. And how would the student council even know about Michiru's kinks to know to set this up in the first place?

While their reaction to Michiru's death is reprehensible as hell, this does explain an inconsistency in the student council's beliefs. Prez seems too driven by a sense of righteousness to justify manipulating an innocent girl and killing her to save himself. I mean he completely forgave Akira's misbehavior since he recognized she was a victim too. But if he doesn't know anything about Miho's 2nd death, Michiru just looks like an unrepentant psycho: exactly his kind of target.

There's a few other more speculative details. Killing Miho before she broke her promise not to bully Komachi seems weird. Prez had left her alone for a full year. All his murder attempts involved playing with the mechanics of premonitory corpses, but Miho's 2nd death was very straightforward. The corpse never changed. And if he wanted Michiru dead to cover up the truth, why let her loose for so long? Even leaving a trail with an unreliable 3rd party already seems out of character.

I could be wrong, but you don't have a full page lightning flash reveal for no good reason. It adds another layer to this arc illustrating how misguided the student council's moral crusade is; they just killed an innocent based on their own misunderstanding while Seo lives despite being a monster under the surface. If true, we have a 3rd major threat lurking around besides the student council and Akira's dad. Now we have to ask the questions of why she'd try to kill Miho, if she's really lost all her memories, and how harmless her sudden interest in Satsuki actually is.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Now we have to ask the questions of why she'd try to kill Miho, if she's really lost all her memories, and how harmless her sudden interest in Satsuki actually is.

Plot Twist: The mouth-to-mouth resuscitation that Satsuki did on her made her realize that she is gay, now she is pulling an yandere move to kill all of Satsuki's harem and have to herself

Mystery solved, everyone can go home now

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

if she's really lost all her memories, and how harmless her sudden interest in Satsuki actually is

This is a very hard topic to discuss, first because some of us 50/50 people in here are either aware or not aware of whether Seo is a psychopath or not.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Hasn't all this shit been going over like a one day period or something?

Also, wouldn't they have like closed the school if there was a really major storm on approach?

last edited at Aug 11, 2022 3:07PM

joined Apr 10, 2020

Also, wouldn't they have like closed the school if there was a really major storm on approach?

Shh, don't ruin the drama magic.

Plus, there have another magic drama where somehow Satsuki didn't get electrocute too after go and made a contact with the child right after she got lightning.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

My bad, i legit skipped over Machiru's reveal. Speed reading habit

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Christ this is all getting really fucked, on the other hand though yuri tag finally confirmed, hells yeah
Fuck you subtext

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

Christ this is all getting really fucked, on the other hand though yuri tag finally confirmed, hells yeah

Huh? where?

joined Apr 6, 2021

HOLEY SHIET

I cant wait to watch the prez burn in hell, but god dam this is such a good series. Why’d the author have to make me sympathize with her then take her away all over again!?

last edited at Aug 12, 2022 4:40AM

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Shh, don't ruin the drama magic.

Plus, there have another magic drama where somehow Satsuki didn't get electrocute too after go and made a contact with the child right after she got lightning.

Do you not understand how lightning works? It's not an active current like a power line, there's no residual charge. Ions build up in the ground, then reach towards the sky and release all at once. There's no risk of Satsuki getting shocked.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Now we have to ask the questions of why she'd try to kill Miho, if she's really lost all her memories, and how harmless her sudden interest in Satsuki actually is.

I think it's fairly safe to assume Michiru was speaking with Seo on the phone after her suspension: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liar_satsuki_can_see_death_ch24#20 She even mentions the salad oil. When Satsuki goes to visit her, she's also talking to someone on the phone, presumably the same person: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liar_satsuki_can_see_death_ch35#3 and this person also seemingly goaded her into going yandere for Miho: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liar_satsuki_can_see_death_ch35#14 The only other option would be the student council since she was a trainee, but that seems extremely unlikely since Michiru had no offenses before the Miho incident and they would never push her to do it and become what they're fighting against in the first place.

The call during the house visit happens after Seo is admitted to the hospital, which would confirm she hasn't actually lost her memories. It's possible Michiru didn't even know what happened to Seo after she got suspended since we saw in the latest chapter that Miho understandably ghosted her after the kidnapping and she was the only other person she regularly spoke with.

joined Apr 10, 2020

The call during the house visit happens after Seo is admitted to the hospital, which would confirm she hasn't actually lost her memories. It's possible Michiru didn't even know what happened to Seo after she got suspended since we saw in the latest chapter that Miho understandably ghosted her after the kidnapping and she was the only other person she regularly spoke with.

Despite how terrible Seo is, I must give her credit for a good acting being amnesiac.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I started this at the wrong time. The wait for the next chapter is killing me.

Image_push%20(3)
joined Nov 2, 2019

So it has begun! For people hoping that the Perw chan is alive, I recommend going back to the first chapter. There should be something big ahead.

So we already have confirmation that Michiru didn't mean to hurt Miho. It was "just" an extremely perverted game. And this is where the stairs start for me.

I don't understand why Kai killed her. Did he think it was for real? If that's the case, Seo led him nicely astray.

Kai's and Sayoko's reaction to Michiru's death is very telling. What happened to Sayoko must have been really messed up. And it seems that Kai's failure drove him to the brink of insanity. By the way, I have a feeling that the boy has had a Satsuki-like approach in the past. That, in my mind, would explain a lot.

So we have come to this point. Our favourite protagonist may have been broken. The next chapter is going to be insanely interesting.

And that chart at the end. I see I'm not the only one who can't figure out Komachi.... and I love that about this girl xD

joined Apr 10, 2020

I know I shouldn't bring this up, but I want to regardless, people said Satsuki torture the Prez was out of character, I'm not here to either agree or disagree.

My point here, Satsuki is capable of torturing someone really painfully, she has high knowledge of human anatomy/human biology https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liar_satsuki_can_see_death_ch16#12, here's an example of a video what she can do with her knowledge:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Yg1i8e408 (for context, that bald man is a doctor and his wife got killed and his daughter got into coma from being severely beaten by a group of house invader, that guy he tortured was one of them)

Plus her father is a doctor too

She also capable of turning off her caring of others feeling for a while:

Prez pushed a wrong button today, his day will be very problematic from now on.

last edited at Aug 13, 2022 3:40PM

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I don’t think she’s dead. Theory: the lightning struck her backpack (which has metal in it), and since shes drenched and standing around water, she happens to take some damage.

I agree with everyone’s theory on how Seo is the mastermind here.

This arc is so good!

To reply you must either login or sign up.