Forum › Giniro no Genders discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Whoa... can you feel the axe? It fell really hard.

I pretty sure Kohitsuji was slated to be intersex, but then the axe fell.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Everyone got a happy end LOL.
The entire manga had bad end vibes, I'm actually surprised

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Someone's butthurt their predictions were all wrong.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

KasexYamada posted:

Someone's butthurt their predictions were all wrong.

This whole manga was upsetting. It was a giant ball of insulting WTF.

Ghul
joined Jun 9, 2020

This felt like the worst I've ever read example of 'non-queer person tries to write queer people' I mean.. the author's note says he only ever consulted a trans man, and lo and behold, the only characters not entirely characterized by negative tropes regarding their identity - was a trans man, who just kind of didn't really feel like a character at all at the end of the day. And of course MC who ended up just being a cishet guy who liked being feminine sometimes (which is perfectly fine and even needed representation but it felt pretty baity at times, suggesting like he's an MTF, but ofc he's not into guys apart from the one that 'was a woman' so he obviously can't be a girl, which is a horrible outlook that keeps a lot of trans folk in Japan (and honestly just in general) from transitioning)

At least from what he said in the note it seems like he actually cares about LGBT issues and people but it's like he really can't properly represent them in his work.. which in retrospect should've been expected seeing as he was pretty much just a het hentai artist before this.

But at least it was hilarious at times because of how bad it got so I guess I still enjoyed it in a way..

joined Jan 13, 2019

audience grumbling and leaving the room

joined Sep 13, 2018

Well that was a story I guess! I dunno, maybe I'm particularly blase about it because it felt like a lot of drama for not much in the end. Maybe I'm also just kinda big 'shrugs' by the end of it because I mostly come to here for sapphic stuff, not a weird not-real love triangle between what ends up being a cishet guy, a trans man, and a gay dude that just ends up with the MC shacking up with the pretty girl he knew online through his crossdressing profile.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Its over! Thank goodness for that. I think this is probably one of the worst LGBT+ mangas I've read, made worse because the mangaka actually wants to support LGBT+ people and issues but then writes something as damaging as this. All full of clichés and stereotypes and hardly any love at all (I felt nothing for the main lesbian couple, did they have any heartwarming moments? Like or even any cute moments? Even in the final chapter you see her scowling at her girlfriend who wanted to take a nap. Like what kind of facial expression is that??!) And plus there were just moments where it seemed like the mangaka is telling you that it's AWFUL to be any kind of LGBT+ person as you might want to kill yourself or cut up people or just be a horrible person that ends up blackmailing their straight crossdressing friend (but that's OK cause she has a tragic backstory of liking girls! They can't have kids!)

I mean I've been laughing at it a lot of the way through but I wouldn't want anyone who's starting to realise they might be LGBT+ to read this

joined Oct 16, 2016

I mean I've been laughing at it a lot of the way through but I wouldn't want anyone who's starting to realise they might be LGBT+ to read this

Same, it was so awful, the really bad drawing style of doll like positioned bodies didn't help either.
I never imagined I would read whole work where the MC is a straight male who just loves to crossdress in the end.
Started reading it cause I read it has a side lesbian character.
Last one was Prunus Girl but that was a hell lot better in every department.
I suppose i would never suggest reading it to any LGBT+ person cause it's basically a straight man meme manga who got his info about LGBT+ steroetypes from media or internet than trying to actually make proper research.
Honestly I'm surprised that he gave everyone a happy end timeskip with kids and everything in the most correct LGBT+ letter way for every character.
If it didn't have these awful chapters from time to time it wouldn't be so bad but it's like author didn't really know if he wants to create a SOL story or a complete edgy drama and it's badly handled.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

It's hilarious I stopped reading this right when the Mc had a hardon of a girl and the lesbian side char was telling her story. Now I see the Mc is actually straight ;q; what even is this.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 3:19AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I appreciate a straight person making an effort. I don't think it was that mischaracterized. A lot of LGBT people I've met, myself included, have mental issues that are like what the freak. People can be this messed up imo. It has nothing to do whether they're gay or straight or what.

If you think you can do better, why don't you stop complaining and do better? Jeez.

joined Dec 6, 2021

you can tell this manga was written by a straight man because it's fucking dogshit. fuck this shit. one of the most genuinely unpleasant things i've read in a while

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Something is off. But my biggest complain is I completely hate the arts. What sort of Genre is this with the MC is straight, while all his frfiends are not??? This plot couldbe good until if you look at it from another angle. This plot is insulting. All the personas of the characters felt like the mangaka just made it all up. There is no excuse if you are determined to use this plot, as in, make LGBTQ friends,, show up in bars and clubs, etc etc. It is already 2020, for someone who lives in a developed country, there is no excuse. Of course the final insult is the MC having a happy ending as a hetero. Most firends I have who do drags (queen, king, faux queen, faux king) are not straight. Especiallhy faux queens.

Anyway, I just wasted a whole day reading this. I should have re-read Love me for whom I amr again instead. Wellif I were to rate it, it will be a one star because there is no option to have no star.

I wonder who likes this manga.

Oh, dynasty is willing to take non-Yuri manga. But this one they really just have it erased to create more space for a Yuri manga.

last edited at Dec 31, 2021 7:16AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"Most friends I have who do drags (queen, king, faux queen, faux king) are not straight."

There are more straight crossdressers than you think. Just because your friends are not is no reason to dismiss them. It's called sample bias.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with the fact the MC is straight. This is one of the rare "positive" point of this manga in my opinion. Because "straight crossdressers" rarely have representation.

But if you read my earlier comments in this thread, you'll see what I think about this manga. Ie, it's trash.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

"Most friends I have who do drags (queen, king, faux queen, faux king) are not straight."
s them. It's called sample bias.

But if you read my earlier comments in this thread, you'll see what I think about this manga. Ie, it's trash.
Yes, I can be wrong because you cannot do a statics calculation using 2 dozen people vs tthe entire city population they are in. Some of them do use performing in drag shows as a beginning step to cone out.A friend of mine is a very good drag queen, but then he moved away, and it was this that he can tell us that he is gay. I inceam not into Drag shows because I think there is no point to watch any since Devine died.

Well, at least both of us agree this manga should deserve the system admin to push the delete button, and all physical copies should be burnt. The manga misled people. How hard it is for the mangaka to put ads on the newpaper or website asking for interviews with LGBTQ people?
If it is indeed he only interviewed one person, that would be irresponsible. If he really were busy, then send his editor out to do the interviews. Have them recorded of course. That is editor is for. It is their jobs,
Yes,I do know about the persecution. Homophobes will kill you as a way to be an official member of the gang. It is not fun when they destroy your front gate and only the back gate stopped them. It is not fun that the cops laugh at you because they want you to die.

last edited at Dec 31, 2021 8:10AM

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I am yet again disappointed to see that the "Transgender" tag applies to a single trans male and the MC's transness is "just a hobby." It's not the worst thing ever, but, it just would've been nice if they had a family and got married'n'shit while being openly MTF.

Straight crossdressers don't get enough rep, it's true, but a lot of the time female trans characters kinda get shafted in the stories I've read.
Didn't hate it, didn't love it, but it's going into my faves for at least trying. Also, it had some funny panels. The "sniffing the MC gives brain activation" pages were hilarious.

joined Feb 10, 2022

The only thing I find unusual is using Asa's brother sperm in yuki so she can have a kid. You know raising a kid with another girl knowing that your bro is the father but anyway. Never heard of that, most of the time are from anonymous donors

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

The only thing I find unusual is using Asa's brother sperm in yuki so she can have a kid. You know raising a kid with another girl knowing that your bro is the father but anyway. Never heard of that, most of the time are from anonymous donors

Lesbian couples can’t use access sperm banks in japan, so having anonymous donors is impossible. The only way for lesbian couples to have children in japan is if they’re given sperm from someone they know. They have to do the actual procedure themselves as well, usually at home with a syringe.

Getting a sibling to donate sperm is actually quite common, both in japan and in countries with gay marriage. It’s popular because it means the resultant child will be related to, and will likely resemble, both their mothers. Until they figure out IPS tech, it’s about the closest two women can get to actually having a child together

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Wow, I thought that story was silly, but fun, and kind of sweet, with a really goofy ending. But I guess everyone else who read it got really mad for some reason. Stories about crazy people in love can be fun. Isn't that the whole point of the Yandere tag?

joined Oct 3, 2016

This .... I didn't like this. It left a bad taste in my mouth. The art was pretty. Asa got off Scott free for her blackmail. And Gin's resolution feels like a cop out. What do you mean he's just attracted to the remnants of femininity on that Trans dude. That doesn't even make sense. Like Gin didn't have to be trans or anything, that's fine.But at least acknowledge that he's not all the way straight instead of using some copout explanation for his attraction to a dude.

I
joined Dec 17, 2022

thumbs down
If I can, I really want to give my thumbs-up to you.

joined Mar 2, 2024

I liked where I thought this story was going, but from the blackmail scene onwards the story didn’t feel real. The characters were not reacting in the way I would expect actual human beings to react. Like, if a friend told me they had taken a picture of my junk while I was almost being raped, and that they would send it to people if I didn’t follow their directions, I would not be meekly complying! I would be throwing chairs! I would be calling the dean! I would be calling the police! That relationship would be OVER!

And then there was the lady who just randomly forced the main dude to grab her boob, for no reason, and the Psycho Gay dude who had a emo breakdown in the rain instead of, I don’t know, calling his mom? The story stopped following any logical progression once the blackmail scene happened. What a waste of talent and time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.