Image Comments 12 Jan 05:22
Ghul
joined Jun 9, 2020
Eqpidfsuwaaywwf-orig

Now that's punk!

Curyosa
Ghul
joined Jun 9, 2020

This felt like the worst I've ever read example of 'non-queer person tries to write queer people' I mean.. the author's note says he only ever consulted a trans man, and lo and behold, the only characters not entirely characterized by negative tropes regarding their identity - was a trans man, who just kind of didn't really feel like a character at all at the end of the day. And of course MC who ended up just being a cishet guy who liked being feminine sometimes (which is perfectly fine and even needed representation but it felt pretty baity at times, suggesting like he's an MTF, but ofc he's not into guys apart from the one that 'was a woman' so he obviously can't be a girl, which is a horrible outlook that keeps a lot of trans folk in Japan (and honestly just in general) from transitioning)

At least from what he said in the note it seems like he actually cares about LGBT issues and people but it's like he really can't properly represent them in his work.. which in retrospect should've been expected seeing as he was pretty much just a het hentai artist before this.

But at least it was hilarious at times because of how bad it got so I guess I still enjoyed it in a way..