Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Dec 18, 2021

now that's way too bold, even for her cover. But if it works, it works

joined Feb 17, 2018

Never has a useless lesbian been simultaneously so smooth

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah definitely, i can imagine quite a few people at their school listening to bands like Babymetal as it's manufactured to attract people who like more pop elements in their music.

Yeah, though funnily I have a friend that's on the opposite end who isn't into pop stuff, but he's a huge Babymetal fan haha

I'm the opposite, i'm not into pop (apart from the 80's) and can't listen to babymetal. I prefer my metal to be very very heavy, if i want pop i'll listen to 80's stuff lol

That's fair haha, yeah I think I'm similar to you in that regard, though my music tastes are...I suppose unusual and all over the place lol

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

54 pages in the forum...

I know this is just me being negative but I'm kinda scared of how good and popular the reaction was with this manga, with just a few chapters with few pages and we're almost 10 pages in the forum.

It was bad when it was 10 pages, now we're at 54.
ngl I feel you, it's kind of irksome that so many amazing series only get a limited number of reactions while this with a few 4-page chapters of silliness boils such fervor. In ex. Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind at four whole volumes doesn't have even half the number.

I think you guys are forgetting the most extremely important fact about this manga: it’s weekly. Never underestimate the sheer power of something being constantly present. The vast majority of manga here are monthly so even the most popular ones, like “hino San no baka” are still going to only get that engagement once a month. This manga is here every week (give or take a few weeks off) so it’s always on people’s minds.

Exactly. It's always here, people click on it because they are following it, it ends up at the main page on top reads, so everyone sees "there is a new chapter of that one manga". With that, the conversation continues, not always fresh because new people come in and talk about the same things already discussed, but the point is: people are always talking because there is something to talk about, weekly.

That's why the number of forum pages is so big. Whatever attractive things can be found on the manga, the main reason is that.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Are we really spending pages worth of comments discussing why this series has so many pages of comments? This is why.

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

Something tells me she definitely won't resell it

HMMMMMMMMM

Img_1857
joined Apr 4, 2021

Ok yeah that is pretty cool but imagine how awkward it would’ve been had she missed

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Ok yeah that is pretty cool but imagine how awkward it would’ve been had she missed

'him' just talking already scores critical hits so it wouldn't matter anyways xD

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That would have been a 200% better outcome; the awkward moment where you know she's for once deliberately tried to impress and then couldn't. Would have indubitably be fiendishly cute.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

54 pages in the forum...

I know this is just me being negative but I'm kinda scared of how good and popular the reaction was with this manga, with just a few chapters with few pages and we're almost 10 pages in the forum.

It was bad when it was 10 pages, now we're at 54.
ngl I feel you, it's kind of irksome that so many amazing series only get a limited number of reactions while this with a few 4-page chapters of silliness boils such fervor. In ex. Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind at four whole volumes doesn't have even half the number.

What a weird thing to get upset about, people liking a thing, they don't like to discuss your thing. Just because you think something else is a masterpiece, doesn't mean everyone else does.
Aaaanyway, here's my two cents. There have been a lot of people posing "reasons" for this, and I feel most (or all?) of them are spot on.
Here's another one:
Read the comments. The comments are about so many different things. Some polarising things. A lot, actually.
People are having arguments about whether Mitsuki is "deceiving" Aya or not (very heated), the author said some stuff about yuri/not yuri, and that ... discussion ... has gone on way too long. And look, you're even inciting controversy (also, real discussion) about whether this manga is deserving of the pages of comments it has. Add to that nostalgia and comments about musical taste in general (good and bad ones), and you've got ridiculous amounts of discussion going on in just this one manga's comments.

Generally, there's no real rhyme or reason as to where accidental arguments start, as it depends on the readers. It being so short, with weekly updates, and a unique art style has brought in a lot of onlookers, and a lot of us seem to have some really strong opinions, so it seems like exactly the place so many discussions would start.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I am loving what a ladykiller Mitsuki is

I do wonder how she's keeping it a secreet at this point, though. Must get glasses from the same brand as Clark Kent

joined Aug 7, 2022

I don't think the music necessarily is. I don't think a lot of teenagers even in the West are going gaga for Aerosmith or Black Sabbath.

I also mention the music factor because at least for the audience on this forum it seems to be a huge point of discussion, and people talking about their love for the music in this series, and their fond memories growing up with it.

.......And it's at this point that we realize that the vast majority of the people writing comments about this comic are actually middle-aged guys with a nostalgia for old rock music and dad bands. o3o

I'm not exactly middle age, but I really really hate their playlist. This is because the music is mostly main stream and very commercial. To me, the music list is 100% bad taste. They are trash. Sure the artist can dig out something that is more obscure but representing the sub culture the main character is in? Guns and Roses? Yuck. (LA Guns is much more tolerable before they drop the "LA" and add "Roses" and became commercial and main stream.) Axel Rose is an idiot.

Yes MC Is not a real metal fan if you don t hate metal band that became mainstream and loved by EVERYONE
Now i remember why metal fan are annoying

Fb_img_1654918405626
joined Feb 13, 2022

I hate reading all this long ass thread but i just want u all to know i love this series, thats all. Consider to support the artist on twt she gives us weekly updates and free access, show her some love and more love~♡

joined Jan 5, 2020

If you are one of those three, you never "take off" your clothes or makeup.

There's no real indication that she is part of any of those subcultures though. She could just be wearing what makes her happy and/or matches the aesthetic of her workplace without being part of a given subculture after all. Someone wearing dark clothes and nail polish and having piercings isn't automatically a goth after all. Just like wearing jeans with holes and baggy flannel shirts doesn't automatically make you grunge.

joined Jan 5, 2020

Oh boy, the exquisiteness of the musical taste on display in these comments is absolutely breathtaking.

If the mangaka had just filled in the blanks for the band names with much more obscure names, how much better this series would be!

It's been pretty wild, hasn't it? A whole lot of "this doesn't 1000% match my personal music tastes so clearly this artist is trash" nonsense going on. Like, ya'll know it's fine for you to not like something but it doesn't make you a bastion of musical superiority and the arbiter of taste for everyone else on the damn planet, right?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh boy, the exquisiteness of the musical taste on display in these comments is absolutely breathtaking.

If the mangaka had just filled in the blanks for the band names with much more obscure names, how much better this series would be!

It's been pretty wild, hasn't it? A whole lot of "this doesn't 1000% match my personal music tastes so clearly this artist is trash" nonsense going on. Like, ya'll know it's fine for you to not like something but it doesn't make you a bastion of musical superiority and the arbiter of taste for everyone else on the damn planet, right?

Please, please—be gentle. Or else a whole slew of painstakingly crafted ego constructions will come crashing down in clouds of chalk dust.

Besides, many of the arguments have been made not in terms of the reader’s superior taste, but of “realism”—naming Band _____ is so implausible it “takes them out of the story.”

And because the story is so dependent on displaying the highest possible degree of verisimilitude, then the whole jig is up.

last edited at Aug 8, 2022 8:34AM

joined Jun 21, 2022

I never thought I'd like this yuri but when I read it it's pretty interesting to read if the art improve more in the future this would look good

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

Chapter 16 was a wholesome chapter, and I am so happy to see more direct interactions between Mitsuki and Aya. I am wondering what the next turning point chapter will be following Chapter 15, now that her male classmate realizes Mitsuki is both the CD Shop employee and his classmate. It's going to be a slow burn for Aya to realize Mitsuki's real identity.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Are we really spending pages worth of comments discussing why this series has so many pages of comments? This is why.

Actually, if you reread the previous pages, you'll notice that the debate went like this:

Message 1: "How come this manga has so many pages of comments?"
Message 2: "Gotta be because the mcs love rock bands like ### and &&& and $$$."
Messages 3 to 250: (People discuss the merits of ### and &&& and $$$ and a dozen other bands.)

The real reason this series has such a huge discussion thread is because most commenters write about their tastes in music rather than about the story or the characters. ¯⧵_(ツ)_/¯

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Message 1: "How come this manga has so many pages of comments?"
Message 2: "Gotta be because the mcs love rock bands like ### and &&& and $$$."
Messages 3 to 250: (People discuss the merits of ### and &&& and $$$ and a dozen other bands.)

Lol so which one is the band that you chose to represent with the $$$ symbol?
Nirvana?
Aerosmith?
Nah, gotta be Guns N' Roses. :P

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Pyoro posted:

That would have been a 200% better outcome; the awkward moment where you know she's for once deliberately tried to impress and then couldn't. Would have indubitably be fiendishly cute.

Wow that's so genius. I'd love to see a similar subversion in the near future.

last edited at Aug 8, 2022 2:46PM

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

I don't know what you mean. This is a perfectly valid use of the reply feature. None of these comments are extraneous or without useful information, including this one.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I made some corrections on the translation. Nothing major, but a couple sentences weren't really clear so I improvised because I was speed translating.

Page 1: text near the arrow on the bottom (口元ガラ空き) actually means that her mouth isn't covered (ie, she's not wearing a mask)

Page 4: the kid at the end says "うらない". In just hiragana, it was unclear to me, so I went with the obvious one, 占い (fortune telling). But then when I thought about it more, I realized it's 売らない (Won't sell), which does fit the context better. Baby talk is tough to translate.

Anyway, I uploaded the corrections here.

last edited at Aug 8, 2022 5:10PM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I made some corrections on the translation. Nothing major, but a couple sentences weren't really clear so I improvised because I was speed translating.

Page 1: text near the arrow on the bottom (口元ガラ空き) actually means that her mouth isn't covered (ie, she's not wearing a mask)

Page 4: the kid at the end says "うらない". In just hiragana, it was unclear to me, so I went with the obvious one, 占い (fortune telling). But then when I thought about it more, I realized it's 売らない (Won't sell), which does fit the context better. Baby talk is tough to translate.

Anyway, I uploaded the corrections here.

Thank you.
Really appreciate how quickly you turn this around.

Phone
joined Jul 23, 2020

how can koga be soo cool ;-; this chapter was so pure, it makes me want to cry

To reply you must either login or sign up.