Forum › Anime season

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Flew under the radar because it was released all at once in the middle of the season, https://myanimelist.net/anime/39518/Vampire_in_the_Garden

Watched ep 1, and the Vampire MC is obviously a lesbian. So Ill see where it takes it. Shame its only 5 eps.

Just finished this and thanks so much for the tip because it was not talked about at all and I wouldn't have known about it if it weren't posted here. It was such a joy to see such a high quality original yuri anime like this. I do think people going into this shouldn't watch it expecting a traditional romance story and instead should see it as primarily a story about Momo's journey and growth. I see some bad takes on this series and I feel if you don't go into it with a traditional anime series pacing in mind, then you'll probably enjoy it more.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

22/7 had it's ups and downs but they released this MV today and it's so good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh9E1iZxoHs fully animated

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Yeah I think that after Lycoris Recoil episode 6 it's more than confirmed that it isn't going to be Yuri at all

last edited at Aug 6, 2022 1:40PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

To look on the bright side, it won't feel as bad to see everyone get gunned down

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

Yeah I think that after Lycoris Recoil episode 6 it's more than confirmed that it isn't going to be Yuri at all

What happend?

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

What happend?

yeah I'd like to know before I decide to watch it

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The existence of a parallel army of orphaned boys was mentioned. While that does suggest some kind of a Romeo and Juliet twist incoming, I'm not that worried yet.

last edited at Aug 6, 2022 2:33PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Agreed, that seems pretty far fetched of a worry. It was already reasonable to assume that they wouldn't go into explicit yuri bc romance is just not at all the focus of this show but that kinda 180 seems at least equally unlikely.

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

The existence of a parallel army of orphaned boys was mentioned. While that does suggest some kind of a Romeo and Juliet twist incoming, I'm not that worried yet.

Hmm yeah I just watched the episode, It seems like the Yuri subtles are starting to die out, I have a bad feeling about this lol

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

What the fuck are you guys on about? The boys are just confirmed to exist. No appearances, not even someone doing something with them offscreen, just "they are a thing that exists in this setting". The actual episode featured some cute ChisaTaki bonding

Lilybell will probably show up at some point, but it's most likely to be in some big endgame twist, not a refocusing of the plot

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I agree... you guys are jumping the gun right now. I never expected it to turn out confirmed yuri, but I also highly doubt they're just gonna shove our leads into a random het relationship. They know who their audience is and they'd be stupid to lose it...It's gonna stay yuribait subtext til the end is my bet.

Can't believe the mere mention of boys existing throws you guys into fight or flight mode and writing your doomsday fanfic scenarios....

last edited at Aug 7, 2022 3:04AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Love Live Superstars S02 episode 04...wow... just WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Lycoris Recoil Most important part of this episode was the ass-sniff that Takina did on Chisato

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Did I read that spoiler right?

joined Jan 6, 2017

Yes. She got a face full

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Lycoris Recoil Well, So much for the people that were hoping that this would be Yuri, lol

joined Jan 6, 2017

Lycoris Recoil Well, So much for the people that were hoping that this would be Yuri, lol

There's still hope for the confession/kiss before death. Which is what I've wanted since ep 2.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Love Live Superstars s2 Mei and Shiki are everything we hoped for since they were announced THEY ARE SOOOOOO GAY hahahaha ep04 was Beautiful indeed but then the topic of lesbian love is brought up in ep07 and of course... Shiki is very very concerned, and then the ending--- ... Uffff just.... UFFFFFFFFFFFF

last edited at Aug 28, 2022 2:53PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Autumn is ahead so lets see what the new all-girl[yuri undertone] shows can be

KanColle s2 - I dont even remember if I saw the first season.
Do It Yourself!! - CGDCT shows without anything supernatural, oh how I missed you.
Bocchi the Rock! - They better have a proper mosh pit
Yama no susume S4 - Finally
Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei - Fantasy
Uchi no Shishou wa Shippo ga Nai - 2 female leads, but has male side characters[no romance tag]
4-nin wa Sorezore Uso wo Tsuku - ???
Akiba Maid Sensou - Set in the 90s?
C Danchi - ??? Horror

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

KanColle s2 - I dont even remember if I saw the first season.

This is a new story with new characters

Do It Yourself!! - CGDCT shows without anything supernatural, oh how I missed you.

There's a weird looking creature in the PVs, not sure there'll be nothing supernatural. Also it looks like one of the characters is a tsundere

Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei - Fantasy

Specifically, it's basically an Atelier game, but animated and with less dudes, and those have already a long history of yuri (sub)text

Uchi no Shishou wa Shippo ga Nai - 2 female leads, but has male side characters[no romance tag]

I don't expect any yuri here, or even it to be terrible shippable

4-nin wa Sorezore Uso wo Tsuku - ???

It's about a ninja, an alien, an esper, and a dude pretending to be normal schoolgirls. It is entirely a comedy

Akiba Maid Sensou - Set in the 90s?

The marketing for this one has been super sus. Maybe it's an action series. Maybe it's a comedy about genres colliding. Maybe they're just drumming up interest and it's a regular PA Works work dramedy. No guys in the cast list yet, though

Also!

If Chainsaw Man is 2-cour there'll be a lesbian polycule involved. Bad things happen to them, but that's true of basically everyone in the series

The new Gundam has a female lead and what might be a female love interest. Written by the same guy that did Princess Principal

last edited at Sep 3, 2022 9:11PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

So i went and read the description for the Lycoris Recoil "spin-off" LN about the daily life at the café bc i was curious and...

https://dengekibunko.jp/product/322205000797.html

"Welcome to Cafe Licorico!"
 A stylish and delicious cafe on the east side of Tokyo overlooking the destroyed old radio tower-that is Cafe Licorico.
 This work is a little story of ordinary extraordinary things woven by poster girls such as Senzoku Nishiki and Takina Inoue, which were not drawn in the original TV animation "Lycoris Recoil". Delicious sweets, gun action, games, human drama, zombies and monsters, road movies ... and a faint love !?
 As they go on, their bonds are born--the original creator himself turned into a spin-off novel of an assortment of anything like a variety pack of sweets with bonuses!

Just google translated but seems accurate enough for "……そしてほのかに愛!?". Idk, sounds kinda gay, ngl. Gets my hopes up :D

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New poster and trailer for Gundam... Uuufff for subtext to survive, it has to fight against 3 other handsome guys lol https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-09-04/gundam-the-witch-from-mercury-anime-reveals-2nd-promo-video-main-cast-october-2-premiere/.189313 that would be the hardest battle in gundam's history.

But the poster is nice.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

New poster and trailer for Gundam... Uuufff for subtext to survive, it has to fight against 3 other handsome guys lol https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-09-04/gundam-the-witch-from-mercury-anime-reveals-2nd-promo-video-main-cast-october-2-premiere/.189313 that would be the hardest battle in gundam's history.

But the poster is nice.

I have hope, since the two women are reaching towards each other, so hopefully they’ll be the two mains.

I watched the prologue that was released and oooh it looks good. I just hope the quality stays throughout.

joined Nov 11, 2010

https://imgur.io/a/qAirEjG
Illustrations for the Lycoris Recoil spinoff novel

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wheew they going harder and it's just the beginning, or maybe based on the reaction of the fans, they can go further in that direction.

I also saw the prologue of Gundam and it's one of the strongest so far I've seen in the franchise, with so much potential beyond mecha fights, I really hope it expands from there a lot.

last edited at Sep 7, 2022 12:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.