Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

"I'm gonna go give birth for a bit!"
SO NONCHALANT?!!?

I don't understand. How does a woman with another woman get pregnant?
Assisted reproduction?

can't consider she is straight ?

But... but... she writes YURI!

nooooooo (mind breaks)

So do Mira and Ayanero, despite also reportedly being married.

Btw, Kosuzume, on the off chance you're reading this, congratulations.

So does Kovachi Luka (author of Hana ni Arashi), she's married to Oda Tomohito (author of Komi-san), they also have a baby recently.

(Since it's creative work, I don't get why some people just assume that straight people can't be authors to gay works or vice versa. Same goes for actors/actresses/performers in general, acting the role of someone they are not is their literal job description)

last edited at Jul 22, 2022 5:36PM

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

While I understand straight people writing gay media, Mira is straight? Really? If ever there were yuri works I thought were definitely made by an LGBTQ+ person they’d be mira’s.

last edited at Jul 22, 2022 5:49PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

SO NONCHALANT?!!?

Assisted reproduction?

nooooooo (mind breaks)

No worries, we can cling to the small hope that they are bi. Or in lavender marriages. o3

Or we could accept that sexuality don't dominates ones life to that ext... Hey what are you doing? Is that a trashcan, noooo

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

SO NONCHALANT?!!?

Assisted reproduction?

I think Lilli is right and the author is probably simply straight. But I just wanted to add a little tangent on this, as not many people know about it. In Japan in order to get approval for in vitro fertilisation you have to be legally married, which currently means het marriage by default. Same-sex partnerships do not count. Single women also do not have the right to undergo in vitro.

Similar regulations are in place regarding adoption, only legally married (het) couples can adopt in Japan. Adoption is prohibited for single women, single men, and same-sex partners.

So that's why they did it that way in Bright and Cheery Amnisia

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

lmao that afterworwd, just gonna pop out a baby really quick brb

joined Jul 21, 2020

SO NONCHALANT?!!?

Assisted reproduction?

nooooooo (mind breaks)

No worries, we can cling to the small hope that they are bi. Or in lavender marriages. o3o

I know you're joking but oof. Lavender marriage. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

While I understand straight people writing gay media, Mira is straight? Really? If ever there were yuri works I thought were definitely made by an LGBTQ+ person they’d be Mira’s.

Ikr?

joined Jun 7, 2019

SO NONCHALANT?!!?

Assisted reproduction?

nooooooo (mind breaks)

No worries, we can cling to the small hope that they are bi. Or in lavender marriages. o3

Or we could accept that sexuality don't dominates ones life to that ext... Hey what are you doing? Is that a trashcan, noooo

Right? they could be bisexual or simply a straight person that likes to write romance between women which is okay if they don't sexualize it, what we like in fiction doesn't always define what we like irl
Such as a lot of lesbians like fictional men or aroace people romance, or ppl that have a type of personality in anime/manga but aren't into that irl

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

Writing an incredible manga then taking a break to give birth and waiting to get back to the manga?! Holy based

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Just a reminder that trans women exist and some retain fertility for those that are having a meltdown thinking author can only be straight. Bi people also exist.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Nobody's talking about Motokura-san I see.
Think she could be Rinarina in guise?

Either that or she's the one who booked Maron right before Makino. A new Maron-addict in town.

Huh, it's not impossible. Motokura could be an unkempt Rinarina who hasn't styled her hair and wears glasses. Or she could be a new character. But there's no uncertainty that she will play some important part in the story or else she wouldn't have been introduced the way she was.
And if she's the one who stole Maron from under the nose of Makino, wow, then next time they meet things are gotta get nasty. ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Whelp time for her to realize it isn't Maron she's in love with she's just addicted to hookers at this point when she goes with the number 1 and gets her mind blown.

Kinda hope it goes that way ngl, or even more, she gets greedy and wants both women lol

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

She shouldn't be tempted! That's how Asumi-chan lost track of Mai-chan! How will she save Maron-chan at this rate?

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

SO NONCHALANT?!!?

Assisted reproduction?

nooooooo (mind breaks)

Right? they could be bisexual or simply a straight person that likes to write romance between women which is okay if they don't sexualize it, what we like in fiction doesn't always define what we like irl
Such as a lot of lesbians like fictional men or aroace people romance, or ppl that have a type of personality in anime/manga but aren't into that irl

Me a straight person who enjoys Yuri: Starts disappearing

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Just a reminder that trans women exist and some retain fertility for those that are having a meltdown thinking author can only be straight. Bi people also exist.

Eh, no one is having a meltdown or claiming the author can only be straight. It's just one person assuming the author's partner is a woman for some reasons, hence the replies pointing out the assumption was faulty.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I feel like this might start a storyline where Makino will end up in a relationship with someone else? We're 27 chapters in and there's still 0 evidence of Satou showing Makino any sort of feelings outside of work. Or maybe it won't go in any romantic direction at all and just explore more of Makino's scumbag-ness? It's so hard to tell what's the endgame. Or maybe the endgame is just Makino getting into a university and having a goal in life outside of paying for prostitutes lol

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I feel like this might start a storyline where Makino will end up in a relationship with someone else? We're 27 chapters in and there's still 0 evidence of Satou showing Makino any sort of feelings outside of work. Or maybe it won't go in any romantic direction at all and just explore more of Makino's scumbag-ness? It's so hard to tell what's the endgame. Or maybe the endgame is just Makino getting into a university and having a goal in life outside of paying for prostitutes lol

I think it would be interesting for the story if Makino started a relationship with another person and/or became so focus in getting to a university that Satou/Maron would notice she's no longer calling her. That'd provide a bit of development on that "does Maron only see Makino as a simple client, despite all the circumstances (knowing her double-life and still being an ally)?" question. We'd get insight from the other party, so far we've only seen the scumbag scumbaging.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Or maybe the endgame is just Makino getting into a university and having a goal in life outside of paying for prostitutes lol

Makino, stop being a scumbag? Quit dreaming, haha.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Nobody's talking about Motokura-san I see.
Think she could be Rinarina in guise?

Either that or she's the one who booked Maron right before Makino. A new Maron-addict in town.

I'm going to throw a crazy idea out from left field just for your contemplation: Motokura is the brothel's number one, really popular for her outstanding ero technique.

Time will tell if I'm right.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

She shouldn't be tempted! That's how Asumi-chan lost track of Mai-chan! How will she save Maron-chan at this rate?

Sex workers don’t need to be “rescued”

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

You know, the scumbag Makino does not even understand that her parents are very lenient. All they want is for Makino not to fail any subjects. 60%? Even if you do not go to cram school, you still should get the minimal passing grade if you pay attention to the classes. Her parents just want her to get at least a D. You cannot go lower than that when it comes to expectation. Also, she cannot even think of any career for the future. Even "Night Club owner" is better than " ? ?*. How hard is it to make up a career choice which you have no intention to go after? Take the money, and then IF you reach University, you can change your major from that subject to something easy. Consider how lenient the parents are, they are unlikely to watch over Makino all the time. It is also has something to do with saving face. A cram school owner's daughter should be able to go to College, you just do not need to tell which College she went to, along with the major.
If you cannot get into the top universities, just make sure you pick one that is not too far away from home but also not too close to home. Then you can make up of excuses like "I want to stay with my parents on their sides, just in case they need me", "My sister has her own life, so I have to be close to home to help out my parents and look after them", or "I cannot handle the crazy every day life in a big city like Tokyo. I prefer studying somewhere that is less hectic in life while also has a "Put in her choice" department".

What a piece of scumbag.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Oh about adoptions...it is easy to go through a loop hole. All you need is to find a gay (men) couple, and then become legally two heterosexual couples after signing the marriage certificate. We call this "lavender marriage". If it is all possible to use prenup excuses, just make a legal document that the babies belong to mom. In that way the two couples can divorce and then back with their lovers. Of course, the father also has some rights to the baby. So throw one stone to take care of two crisis.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Best wish for Ko-sensei.
And the mc is such a lovable scumbag lol

joined Feb 1, 2021

Congratulations, author-san

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Screw whatever is happening in the story,we're here now for the author herself!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Screw whatever is happening in the story,we're here now for the author herself!

After all, she has been the real waifu all along. :-)

To reply you must either login or sign up.