Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I wouldn’t mind seeing this manga go until their graduation of college and even early career to really show their dedication and growth as individuals and as couples

Unless the series is extremly popular, nothing will ever happen because of the sheer time it will take to go to it. Look at Futaribeya, it's a 4-koma and it take 9/10 volumes to go to post college graduation. Here we're in 2nd year at start of volume 6, if it ever wanted to even go to college, it need to skip a lot of the highschool year or it will take at minima 3 volumes of content to go to it.
Very few yuri out there even go past highschool graduation and some are just some timeskip last chapter like Bloom into You or little sequel doujin like Sakura Trick. The only two yuri i have in mind who did go post Highschool and to college are Futaribeya (which are even actually at Adult Life) and Kase-san, which you may know is not the best example.
I don't say this one shouldn't go past graduation but it's up to the author to know if they can manage to write it or not.

PS : Forget to mention Whisper me a Love song for relation going after confession but given the current arc, i don't think it's a good example either.

last edited at May 26, 2022 5:23AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Look at Futaribeya, it's a 4-koma and it take 9/10 volumes to go to post college graduation.

Probably not the best example, though, few series actually follow the real life flow of time like this one does.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

To those worried about (or eagerly anticipating?) an imminent encounter with Truck-kun: Given that the future Ayaka is clearly alive and well, I think we can safely rule out the possibility of a fatal accident.

Although... We don't see whether or not she still has her legs...

S
joined Jan 12, 2021

I want them to have sex.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

To those worried about (or eagerly anticipating?) an imminent encounter with Truck-kun: Given that the future Ayaka is clearly alive and well, I think we can safely rule out the possibility of a fatal accident.

Although... We don't see whether or not she still has her legs...

How quickly they forget the possibility of Coma-kun (from whom Time-Skip-chan is often spawned).

Seriously, given the overall tone of this series I’m not expecting anything very heavy. But it has shown an occasional tendency toward Sudden Onset Trope Syndrome (remember Monster Mom, so quickly tamed?), which is why I don’t rule it out entirely.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

A case of the SOTS is better than a case of the SHITS I guess ( sudden hit from incoming truck-kun situation)

joined Jan 11, 2022

I wouldn’t mind seeing this manga go until their graduation of college and even early career to really show their dedication and growth as individuals and as couples

Unless the series is extremly popular, nothing will ever happen because of the sheer time it will take to go to it. Look at Futaribeya, it's a 4-koma and it take 9/10 volumes to go to post college graduation. Here we're in 2nd year at start of volume 6, if it ever wanted to even go to college, it need to skip a lot of the highschool year or it will take at minima 3 volumes of content to go to it.
Very few yuri out there even go past highschool graduation and some are just some timeskip last chapter like Bloom into You or little sequel doujin like Sakura Trick. The only two yuri i have in mind who did go post Highschool and to college are Futaribeya (which are even actually at Adult Life) and Kase-san, which you may know is not the best example.
I don't say this one shouldn't go past graduation but it's up to the author to know if they can manage to write it or not.

PS : Forget to mention Whisper me a Love song for relation going after confession but given the current arc, i don't think it's a good example either.

Don't forget How do we Relationship and Still Sick and After Hours! (You can find the latter two on Mangadex and the former on Bato) top notch yuri

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Also Adachi and Shimamura do a lot of time jumps

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. However, I remember using every trick in the book to steal a few minutes with my first love.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Don't forget How do we Relationship and Still Sick and After Hours! (You can find the latter two on Mangadex and the former on Bato) top notch yuri

The first two volumes of After Hours! is good stuff, but the ending is horrid. Not just because it's undesirable, but it is at complete odds with the characters. I remain gun-shy of yuri endings to this day.

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

I just returned after I kind of dropped/forgot about this during the mother drama, loving the pace now, also Morinaga's confession has been my favourite chapter for a while.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Gay days

Akari-n
joined May 22, 2022

These kind of peaceful, slice-of-life kind of chapters are nice too. I'm assuming the next big arc will be during the school trip.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Cute chapter of them just being together, love it!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Life goes on, and even being in separate classes now can't keep them apart - quite the opposite, their love for each other is only getting stronger. ^_^

joined Feb 1, 2021

It seems Truck-kun was thwarted... this time.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

cute.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Is it me or the ch has missing page at the end?

joined Aug 29, 2019

Nice and mellow.
And yeah, it does feel like there's a page missing, though the credits are there.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Gah so much wholesome fluff I love these kinds of chapters with zero drama or anything.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

Gah so much wholesome fluff I love these kinds of chapters with zero drama or anything.

your avatar makes this perfect

Adri_VolKatina
10489882_731610843562234_6956319631533867213_n
joined Sep 2, 2014

This month we got two chapters, that's why it feels like there's missing pages, I imagine translator we'll add next chapter soon

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Adorable

joined Jul 2, 2021

Hokkaido huh... iirc sora's mother lives there currently. I wonder if they will her soon

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Awww, she looked so cute as a chibi. She just wanted some.

To reply you must either login or sign up.