Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

I'm the one overloading from this new chapter. GDI

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

With the towel half on Mitsuki’s head I somehow really want Aya to touch Mitsuki’s hair/brush it behind her ear when the reveal happens… somehow I think it would be super romantic lol

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

Wish I could have this level of mysteriousness and androgyny. I could fool you with the top half of my face, anything else below my mask is just meh and I’m chubby in places that make it obvious I’m AFAB. The amount of times I’ve had someone call me sir, stare at my badonkadonks, then call me ma’am is frankly

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

always a good day when this gets updated <3 <3 <3

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

Aya's frizzy bedhead hair looks so pretty.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Did Mitsuki grow like six inches in height all of a sudden?

Does she always grow taller when she changes into work clothes? I hadn't noticed before...

Or is it the humid weather? Does she expand on wetting? lmao

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Does she always grow taller when she changes into work clothes? I hadn't noticed before...

Yeah I noticed that too. Arent they the same height?

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Wish I could have this level of mysteriousness and androgyny. I could fool you with the top half of my face, anything else below my mask is just meh and I’m chubby in places that make it obvious I’m AFAB. The amount of times I’ve had someone call me sir, stare at my badonkadonks, then call me ma’am is frankly

Youre evil...

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

i like how the towel cowers her hair, since aya never actually saw mitsuki having long hair, nice touch also maybe next week's main plot point?

I feel at this point I am having to suspend too much belief to accept the misunderstanding or miss identification. There's the voice, but also Aya saw Mituski at work with her mask down in the last chapter.

The author also appears to draw Mituski's body and body proportions differently between the store and school.

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 12:30PM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

There's definitely a bit of a cheat with the height/body proportions changing too much. It's the sort of thing where you kinda have to allow it for the story to work at all though, you either like the series enough to accept it or it blocks you from enjoying it entirely.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Radiohead yuri again. They might be the most prevalent band in yuri at this point.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

They’re both wet now

so are we ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 1:48PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Radiohead yuri again. They might be the most prevalent band in yuri at this point.

appropriate band for these two Weird Fishes

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Careful! You may never see that hoodie again (Opinion based on memes).

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I think Mitsuki's has been consistently shown as slightly taller.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

chad as fuck

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Careful! You may never see that hoodie again (Opinion based on memes).

Experience…somehow, it never gets returned, even if/when you move in together

joined Mar 21, 2017

I was hoping for a follow-up to the latest chapter (ch9) where Aya mentions school Mitsuki and work Mitsuki’s similarities. But it seems like they just brushed it off… Hope we get some commentary on Mitsuki’s part, like an introspection and her going “I had a chance to clear out the misunderstanding but I got nervous”.

Yeah it felt like a bit of a weird transition between chapters, doesn't flow nicely. That's my only criticism, i love the androgyny we get to see here.

Ps The Bends is still the best Radiohead album.

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 4:35PM

%d0%b6%d0%b8%d1%81%d1%83
joined Jul 4, 2019

Again? Can you name the other one, please? As a radiohead lesbian I am shocked that I've missed the radiohead yuri

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 5:02PM

%d0%b6%d0%b8%d1%81%d1%83
joined Jul 4, 2019

appropriate band for these two Weird Fishes

lol great pun!

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

Wait—expand on this, please? Which other yuri series integrates Radiohead? I'd definitely love to know.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Ps The Bends is still the best Radiohead album.

Can't disagree with this.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm a bit lost when it comes to the music part of this, but eh. At least I know of the bands being talked about.

I am beginning to feel bad for Aya right about now. Sure I am here for here yuri and sure she isnt entitled to anything but my poor girl is clearly into the dude with style that works in the music shop. I dont know what her eventual reaction to reveal will be but I feel sad for Aya cuz she fell for a dude that doesnt exist.

No need to feel bad for Aya, Mitsuki is clearly more "herself" at the store than she is at school. Remember the bit about the black nail polish? And Mitsuki's character profile makes it pretty clear to me she feels more comfortable with the androgynous look she has outside of school. Aya definitely fell for the "real" Mitsuki, and evidently she doesn't have much of an interest in boys (as per her profile), so I imagine we're not gonna get too much drama if/when the truth is revealed. This has primarily been a comedy, after all.

Personally I'm hoping for a "Wait, you're a girl?...huh...wanna go out?" kind of situation.

I guess that still counts as falling for a "dude" that doesn't exist though.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I think Mitsuki's has been consistently shown as slightly taller.

Also posture can play a part, just look at the Character bio for Mitsuki.
At school, in trying to not stand out she kinda scrunches herself up, head down, bent knees, slightly stooped back... It may be possible to loose a couple of inches when compared to confident at work posture, standing upright, head up. Not perhaps as much as shown but that can be allowed for as 'artistic licence'.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Perception factors in how height is viewed a lot imo, anyway more straight w’s from this manga

To reply you must either login or sign up.