Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

aww, I was hoping for the new chapter. but seeing the bios of these two are pretty neat.

Childhood friend?
Only friend?
Calling it now: LOVE RIVAL! ! ! ◣‿◢

hmmm love rival sounds pretty tempting and Mitsuki has enough problems coming clean with Aya......yeah I'm in.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

god please not a love triangle <//3
let’s hope the childhood friend will be a wingman/wingwoman and make school mitsuki realise she likes aya

i’m calling dibs on this dude here as the childhood friend (or a completely new character with similar vibes) because he’s got a similar style as mitsuki and could know how she dresses outside of school

the way the talk with uncle-san went on his first appearance (ch05), it seemed like Mitsuki didn’t have any female friends, and how she herself talks about having no friends, it seems like she’s not close to the childhood friend. so i’m betting that childhood friend is a dude, otherwise the uncle would have mentioned the old (female) friend (from her school)

last edited at Jun 12, 2022 9:00PM

joined Apr 22, 2021

Next chapter is just Mitsuki admitting she is the same person, and Aya saying she kind of suspecting it. No love triangle, just good vibes.

At least that's what I hope

joined Sep 6, 2018

Need a bio on the uncle. Characters are a-dork-able. More, please.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Next chapter is just Mitsuki admitting she is the same person, and Aya saying she kind of suspecting it. No love triangle, just good vibes.

At least that's what I hope

“no more drama” prayer circle

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yeah I'm hoping no love triangle either.

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

Can't wait for Aya to realize that the only "guy" she ever liked is a girl and that she's actually a lesbian lol

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Can't wait for Aya to realize that the only "guy" she ever liked is a girl and that she's actually a lesbian lol

Hear hear.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

hehe,she just need to realize the "guy" she likes isn't a guy at all and that she's her classmate

last edited at Jun 13, 2022 11:00AM

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

I want some love triangle

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

How about, Aya is torn between "Work" Mitsuki and "School" Mitsuki. She hasn't put together that they'rethe same person, yet. Plus, everyone in class is shipping them already.

Imagine Mituski feeling that she has to compete with herself for Aya.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

could anyone describe and explain what actually happened in ch.8 on the last page? Mitsuki lost the paper, it flew and landed on Aya's face. Mitsuki jumped forward to Aya? Using her right hand she grabbed the paper and said sorry. She then pulled the paper off to her own head while her left hand was also up close to her head. This is where she asked if Aya's all right. And then SUDDENLY the 'kabedon' happenned.
But how? Why? Did she lost balance because she tripped as she was running to Aya? Why didn't she land with her left hand on the rails first then? Or what was it? Did her hips gave out again, lol? I'm trying to imagine this and I fail miserably - how did pulling a paper lead to the 'prince'?

last edited at Jun 13, 2022 8:06PM

joined Sep 19, 2020

Awesome. Gender confusion done properly... Maybe. Cool character design for the nerd, vividly drawn emotions, and I got the feeling that the misunderstanding will be resolved more interestingly than "I though you were guy, but I don't mind if you're girl".

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

How about, Aya is torn between "Work" Mitsuki and "School" Mitsuki. She hasn't put together that they'rethe same person, yet. Plus, everyone in class is shipping them already.

Imagine Mituski feeling that she has to compete with herself for Aya.

I support this! Funny misunderstandings that don't lead to anyone actually getting hurt is always the best!

P.S. If you're interested in this concept there is a bunch of supercorp fanfics out there with the same premise (Example: https://archiveofourown.org/works/8558332 )

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

could anyone describe and explain what actually happened in ch.8 on the last page? Mitsuki lost the paper, it flew and landed on Aya's face. Mitsuki jumped forward to Aya? Using her right hand she grabbed the paper and said sorry. She then pulled the paper off to her own head while her left hand was also up close to her head. This is where she asked if Aya's all right. And then SUDDENLY the 'kabedon' happenned.
But how? Why? Did she lost balance because she tripped as she was running to Aya? Why didn't she land with her left hand on the rails first then? Or what was it? Did her hips gave out again, lol? I'm trying to imagine this and I fail miserably - how did pulling a paper lead to the 'prince'?

Before you read: Can someone tell me how can I get my screenshots to be smaller? I am trying to explain scene by scene but the images look huge on the forum. I want to edit it into a nice little post.       

Well, the scene is supposed to be a huge confusing mess, but I'll try to summarize it and go by parts.

Mitsuki got nervous because she noticed she forgot to take off the black nail-polish, therefore for a moment she did not hold the paper properly when going outside to give it to Aya. Because of the wind being very cheeky and working in favor of the yuri, the paper fell on Aya's face and she lost her balance. (The "WOBBLE" sfx is her losing her balance)

"Off-camera" Mitsuki had to get close otherwise the other would fall, so we don't really see but she most likely had to grab Aya on the waist to give her support. Maybe not necessarily "grab her" but have her hand next to be able to prevent her from falling back (the direction Aya was wobbling was one that would make her fall on her back).

The scene we see her up close taking the paper out of Aya's face was after that moment she had to get close to her.

What we see in this close-up is the aftermath: You have someone falling back because of of a paper on their face > You prevent them from falling by getting close and almost holding them > You take the paper out of their face and look embarrassed. The left hand behind her neck is a sign of that embarrassment.

But Mitsuki wouldn't keep left hand like that while she's so close to Aya in that position — that'd be even more awkward. So she just went back to the first position they were in and we didn't really see.
That in which her left hand was there to give Aya support if she has to fall.

The balcony is not one that would support an off-balance teenager and prevent them from falling, Aya would fall and the class would see something pretty bad happen.
I am not saying Mitsuki saving her from the accident is what made the classe call her "Prince" tho. What gave her the nickname was her getting supper close to Aya and in a sense almost holding her by the waist. What the class saw was a gloomy girl no one knew off giving Aya a kabedon (it really looks like a kabedon, with all the limitations).
They saw a balcony-don. Out of context, that seems flirty, and therefore prince-like for a girl to do to another.

If they knew it was actually to prevent Aya from falling the "prince" would make even more sense, but I am guessing no one was paying attention.

Quick recap: The order of what happened was (1) Aya loses balance [IMAGE 1], (2) Mitsuki gets close like in [IMAGE 3], (3) Mitsuki gets the paper off Aya's face [IMAGE 2]. And we're left at the awkward position at the last pannel

Thanks for coming to my TEDTalk.

last edited at Jun 13, 2022 9:54PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

Imagine Mitsuki feeling that she has to compete with herself for Aya.

The people who write the Superman stories played with this "false triangle" trope for decades. Weren't we talking just now about Superman/Lois/Clark Kent? That's just it. Lois is supposed to have a crazy crush on Superman and Clark, who should be happy, is not happy at all: he takes it as a competition against himself and wants her to choose the "real him" (Clark) instead of the "fake persona" (Superman). But...

No matter what, I don't believe that'll happen here. I can see Mitsuki worry about Aya's misunderstanding, but I can't imagine her getting into a "false triangle" mindset and wanting Aya to choose "School" Mitsuki over "Work" Mitsuki.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I like the character bios. They actually shed light on the cast without telling literally everything about them, and have some interesting points about the character designs.

Fb_img_1654918405626
joined Feb 13, 2022

"Blushing with the both mitsuki." Shes learning guys

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

No matter what, I don't believe that'll happen here. I can see Mitsuki worry about Aya's misunderstanding, but I can't imagine her getting into a "false triangle" mindset and wanting Aya to choose "School" Mitsuki over "Work" Mitsuki.

Agreed. Specially because “real Mistuki” is “Work” Mitsuki. The place where she plays a persona is actually at school, even though she won’t admit it straight away. She tones herself down, doesn’t express her style even if it’s not against regulations, keeps up the “plain” facade because itMs easier.
The only “triangle” we’re likely to see is Aya liking both school and work Mitsuki and feeling relieved in the end after finding out it’s the same person.

A part of me still hopes the misunderstanding is cleared right away and we get Aya to pay more attention at Mitsuki at school because now she knows her secret (that being “she’s actually super cool and not so plain”) and falling for the person as a whole. With extra bits of gay panic for our enjoyment.

127931f6b60966cd76009e54588f44ce
joined Jul 11, 2017

Aya blushing when around Mitsuki even without the work persona makes my soul leave my body.

OneEyedOthinus
Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

points "Ha! Gay!"

joined Mar 21, 2017

I'm hoping she confesses in the next chapter, just feels like a natural progression from what Aya just brought up.

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 5:19PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

ty for such a detailed attempt at explaining, wlftchtr82, much appreciated

You take the paper out of their face and look embarrassed. The left hand behind her neck is a sign of that embarrassment.
But Mitsuki wouldn't keep left hand like that while she's so close to Aya in that position — that'd be even more awkward. So she just went back to the first position they were in and we didn't really see.

I don't know, this actually still sounds weird to me. If Mitsuki was embarrassed, once Aya's saved, why not make a step back from her and hide your hands behind as if you did smth wrong/embarrassing with those? Just how is it less awkward or embarrassing to a kabedon?
anyway, it doesn't really change much for the story, but I thought I'd still ask how others perceived what took place at the balcony because I found it so confusing

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

ty for such a detailed attempt at explaining, wlftchtr82, much appreciated

You take the paper out of their face and look embarrassed. The left hand behind her neck is a sign of that embarrassment.

I don't know, this actually still sounds weird to me. If Mitsuki was embarrassed, once Aya's saved, why not make a step back from her and hide your hands behind as if you did smth wrong/embarrassing with those? Just how is it less awkward or embarrassing to a kabedon?
anyway, it doesn't really change much for the story, but I thought I'd still ask how others perceived what took place at the balcony because I found it so confusing

Np, I am glad it helped (?) in some way or another...
I'd say that you don't think when these situations happen, specially because Mitsuki was also close to loosing balance after trying to prevent Aya from falling and getting the paper from her face. It's a very confusing and awkward mess of a situation.

But now that she's the Prince, here's hoping that they... Kiss

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 9:10PM

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

The people who write the Superman stories played with this "false triangle" trope for decades. Weren't we talking just now about Superman/Lois/Clark Kent? That's just it. Lois is supposed to have a crazy crush on Superman and Clark, who should be happy, is not happy at all: he takes it as a competition against himself and wants her to choose the "real him" (Clark) instead of the "fake persona" (Superman). But...

They really love that fake triangle development, don't they? They used it in a Batman movie too (made suspension of disbelief really difficult lmfao). It's like it's the only idea they ever can think of to develop a romance where a costumed hero is involved.

Well the character sheet for Mitsuki makes clear that she feels the real herself is her at work (and her school persona is an imposition of society) so yeah lol not likely at all.

last edited at Jun 16, 2022 3:18AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.