Forum › Walk to Death discussion

joined Apr 1, 2013

Omg we had such a wholesome moment I assumed her friend would be the only one left Alive you realise she could have grabbed her arm during the moment but because she's holding the book she so could have grabbed her hand to save her omg im so livid that the only likable character is dead seriously author kun whyyyyy

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Expected it at some point, but still, what the fuck?

joined Jan 11, 2014

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. NO. NOOOOOO.

Edit: Coming back to comment how seeing our sociopathic girlboss protagonist Tokiko actually experience genuine connection, adoration, and friendship with somebody was so sweet. She cares about her relationship with Natsuki enough to feel anxiety over its trajectory and how Natsuki would see her. Natsuki is everything she needs and they're perfect for each other.

last edited at Jun 12, 2022 10:34PM

joined May 26, 2022

Is it just me or is that first page of chapter 29 extremely gay? There's something similar in Liar Satsuki too, the kind of "I want to be with you forever" vibes that feel very homosexual

joined Mar 25, 2019

Is it just me or is that first page of chapter 29 extremely gay? There's something similar in Liar Satsuki too, the kind of "I want to be with you forever" vibes that feel very homosexual

Satsuki is more overtly gay but yeah the yuri seeds were definitely already planted in this series.

Abbysmug
joined May 15, 2020

saw it coming a mile away but it still hurts just as bad

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Seeing what a sadist the author is here makes me really worried about what is going to happen in Liar Satsuki

joined Apr 29, 2019

lmaoooo

joined Apr 29, 2019

i just can't take this seriously, sorry

51f904c379c04da9bb57683f48e645a5
joined May 3, 2020

Dude, that kind of upsetted me. I saw it coming, but I hoped Natsuki's death would be a bit more special :/

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I feel like that’s the point though. None of the other deaths have been special so far — it’s used to show that the curse doesn’t differentiate. Tokiko doesn’t get to choose just because it was her friend; that would diminish the power of the curse and not succeed in the manga’s goal of critiquing Tokiko’s outlook on life. Also, the abruptness only makes it more impactful IMO.

joined May 10, 2021

OH COME ON
Not after such a sweet, heartwarming moment you fucking cunt.

joined Jun 23, 2017

I feel like that’s the point though. None of the other deaths have been special so far — it’s used to show that the curse doesn’t differentiate. Tokiko doesn’t get to choose just because it was her friend; that would diminish the power of the curse and not succeed in the manga’s goal of critiquing Tokiko’s outlook on life. Also, the abruptness only makes it more impactful IMO.

Problem is that this kills all the tension out of the story. She was the last person that the MC cared about and by extension the audience. Now there is nothing, no one to root for to survive.

joined Jun 5, 2018

lol

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

That's what I feel after sitting with it for a bit. Since there's been so many deaths you can easily get a bit desensitized to them, but fake out and abruptness helps solidify the dreadfulness of the curse. Previously Tokiko acted disconnected to deaths, but even if she tries act against the curse she is helpless to it in the end. Tokiko doesn't get to choose if its her older sister, she doesn't get to choose if its her best friend...

joined Feb 16, 2022

Today is a terrible day for rain

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh, DAMN IT.
FUCK.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I am in disbelief. I didn't think the author would actually kill Natsuki.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I dunno, guessing this would happen was a no brainer

joined Mar 25, 2019

Problem is that this kills all the tension out of the story. She was the last person that the MC cared about and by extension the audience. Now there is nothing, no one to root for to survive.

Nah there's only a few chapters left so there's still how Tokiko will react, the (probably) subsequent implosion which will cause the rest of the cast to die, the reveal of what's causing all the death, and what her ultimate fate is plus epilogue.

joined Apr 6, 2021

Damn, I knew it was bound to happen though it doesn't make it any less soul-crushing

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nah there's only a few chapters left so there's still how Tokiko will react, the (probably) subsequent implosion which will cause the rest of the cast to die, the reveal of what's causing all the death, and what her ultimate fate is plus epilogue.

Exactly, all that is left is snuff. And while I'm sure there are some people who find that interesting, I don't.

last edited at Jun 13, 2022 4:06AM

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

the author is not holding back at all

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Truck-kun was too powerful. Now I kinda want an isekai story with both of them.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Exactly, all that is left is snuff. And while I'm sure there are some people who find that interesting, I don't.

I mean not really? I'm sure I'm not the only one invested in Tokiko and her fate or the reason for the death around her. You said that there is no tension left for the audience because there's "no one left to root to survive" but I don't think that's the only reason tension or interest could exist. Boiling it down to a single reason, especially a reason like that, seems like a really shallow way to read the series.

last edited at Jun 13, 2022 5:45AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.