joined Oct 2, 2021

What is love
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

joined Dec 4, 2017

damn this is so sad but im in :) come to me painnnn and depressionnnn

joined Jan 13, 2021

Really hyped for this series, because it definitely plays to what I'd consider my favorite aspect of Tokuwo Tsumu's excellent body of work- their ability to blur genre lines, to complicate and challenge the implicit divisions we deploy between gentle fluff and hard drama by uniting them within the same topos as the products of private spheres and naturalized norms, of the rafts we build for ourselves to navigate tumultuous worlds, which are sometimes solid and stable enough to make us feel we're on solid ground, only for the swell of a wave or the bugle of a larger ship to remind us that we've always been at sea. You see this floating, numbing darkness lapping intermittently around the edges of Shuuden, gurgling up menacingly in the last chapters of Ise and Shima, and sluicing down the gaps between timeframes and bodies across Tsuki to Koi, jerking the characters out of the genres they've taken as the norms of the world, their comfort zones shored up by shared umwelts. And yet so much of the warmth of Tsumu's stories comes from the ways in which their characters face this encroachment-that-was-always-there, this already-ending, and strive to push it back with moments and memories, seeking utopia in not some faraway paradise, but in the recollection of days where they were allowed to be quotidian, when nothing happened and everything was, those neat, calming rows of times both fixed and fillable like the ones we see laid across Sakura's diary, packed with the potential for both infinity and emptiness.

In this story too, the challenge comes in writing the unspeakable, of penning the repressed, of connecting the fragments of Haru's scattered self, because a missing link invalidates the entire chain, and she can ironically only move on, move forth, if the path winding down her life, lending it its shape and form in bliss and misery, is reconstructed to allow her passage again. To write, to read, to fill out a diary is to traverse a life, to chart and cross the ocean of her memories, letting her find and trace Sakura among the entries already present, and to perhaps reinterpret her as something more than a gap, an absence, a wound once she fills everything out. To avoid engaging with a tragedy is to avoid catharsis, because the purging of pain, misery and dread is found in the journey across a path we know well, in the tracing of a closed circle, in an acquaintance with what has already happened, but this time with out feet fixed and our hearts set, letting ourselves feel everything again, not so that we'd be empty at the end, but so we could fill with emotion anew- a new spring, a new opportunity, a new journal, a reclamation of the present. It is in the embrace of the quotidian that the traces to Haru reside, the key to purging the venom and filling herself with spring, with Sakura again, to constitute her love for her as something other than a lack, to fill the pages and make them more than paper. It's going to be difficult and heartbreaking and slow, but if she lets time move again, then spring- Sakura- shall also arrive, just as she arrives at the end of the chapter, representing perhaps Haru's subconscious desire to move on, to achieve some sort of final catharsis and completion. And then, at the end of her journey across herself, when she's brought herself to chart the geography of her soul and confirmed there's still places to go, can Haru finally resurrect Sakura in the truest sense- not as a void, not as a corpse, but as spring, as life, and the promise of a hundred springs more, finding a memory that convinces her to live on with love and hope, a past that connects her to her future and to herself.

(Also, I love how Early Haru looks like an Amano Shuninta character, what with the fangs and the scrunkly energy, because Tsumu and Shuninta are two of my favorite creators in the tangerine scene [obligatory sobbing for I Wouldn't Mind Being Loved to update])

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

... wat?

As a one shot this would make sense but... this seems to be a series so... wat!?

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

All aboard the pain train, baby~~~

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Mhm, mhm. yep. This one's gonna hurt.

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

After the brilliant and wholesome "ise-san and shina-san" a new series? And there's is a tragedy tag ?

Oh boy here we go, Subrscibed.

Thanks translators for bringing this work to us.

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

Nobody probably cares about this but the symbolism of the quince flower suits Karin a lot:
https://www.pansymaiden.com/flowers/meaning/quince/

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

I've not been sold on this author in the past, she tends to waffle from fluff to serious too randomly for my taste. But I hope she commits to a more dedicated storyline this time because the hook got me

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

Beautiful writing, Temp. I too am looking forward to where this series goes, though with a less poetic internal monologue, heh :)

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

this goin hurt but this mangaka never misses

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

This is just marvelous. I’m in.

Fb_img_1685314561718
joined Mar 16, 2022

They look like Momo and Mio from Blue Reflection Ray.
Man, I'm crying :')

95091482_p0_master1200%20(1)%20(1)
joined Apr 15, 2022

This makes no sense until you notice the duplicate tag
…then it starts making even less sense

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Brb crying in the club rn

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Sigh why do i do this to me... Why has tragedy become such an addiction to me....

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Man, I don't wanna rag on Windyfall hard or anything, 'cause having translators in general is great even if some things aren't their strong suit, but the chapter reads much smoother from Bewitched's release

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

this is hard to read lol but the ending of the chap seems promising

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Yeah. No. I'm out. This one hits too close to home and I refuse to deal with that right now. It seems like this is excellently written and I have nothing against anyone who will continue this. Y'all have fun.

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

Thank you for picking this up! I have been keeping an eye for this since last year.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

I suspect a good ol' fashioned KEY style "wish" affecting the world here. She'll probably help her cope with her death by filling that diary and then need to go away once it's finished.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Reminds me of SeaBed

Me too.
I hope it doesn't go that way, because SeaBed destroyed me.

Pfp6
joined Jun 8, 2022

"Sakura came home"
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH T-T
My heart...

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

This is going to be extremely painful, ain't it?

Screenshot_20201202_202103_air.com.lunime.gachaclub
joined Jan 21, 2021

What if haruki is the one who's dead

To reply you must either login or sign up.