Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Damn, that confession was very unexpected.

Sana-chan is best girl tho.

I wonder if Watanabe used to be yuri herself but ended up having "that world" (her previous school I guess?) ruined by that so-called Mika-chan... of course that's just a random guess.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Let's go baby, it's confession time!

with all the various onee-samas and imoutos i had a hard enough time figuring out who was who before the author introduced a pair of identical twins...now apart from yoshioka and watanabe i dont really have any idea what's going on.

Same, though honestly I don't even really care about them ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Oh shit, here we go.

Violetpfp
joined Aug 12, 2021

it's your turn to become yuri, Watanabe... The yuri gods have chosen your fate

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

What will Watanabe do next? Deny her feelings, probably. We're in for another round of denial, folks.

I really don't care about any of the other couples... I want to, but Yoshioka and Watanabe are the only interesting ones.

I feel like I figured out why this feels like it should be more of a comedy/parody-- it's the art style. It's bouncy and round and everyone has a bit of the sameface that would be a lot more easily solved if everyone besides Yoshioka and Watanabe had a more distinctive personality.

Looking forward to the next installation where Watanabe (probably) has a crisis of desire! Thanks for all your hard work.

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

holy shit what will you do yuri god?

last edited at Jun 2, 2022 11:41AM

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Yoshioka has begun the boss fight against the pure illusions that Watanabe is so devoted to! Become yuri, Watanabe. It is your destiny.

It's also fun that Sana is the yuri spectator now, while Watanabe and her love for Yoshioka are the show. Just who is Sana apprenticing in the end?

That confession was a long time coming but it still felt abrupt to me. The series has a good mood going, it's just that U-temo's pacing confuses me. Like, why bring in this Mika-chan now? I'm here for it though, even a minor shakeup means the new drama will require more chapters, though it means we'll be waiting on a volume 3 for maybe another year.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

??????? THAT MUCH DEVELOPMENT IN A SINGLE CHAPTER????????????? WE’VE BEEN FOOLED SO FAR BUT IT A GOOD WAY. Exceeded my expectations.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Yoshioka has begun the boss fight against the pure illusions that Watanabe is so devoted to! Become yuri, Watanabe. It is your destiny.

BOSS FIGHT LMFAO LDJALFJALJFLAJDLSJFKAJDKFIAOFJS
Get the girl, Yoshioka.

It's also fun that Sana is the yuri spectator now, while Watanabe and her love for Yoshioka are the show. Just who is Sana apprenticing in the end?

Sana-chan thought she was going to be raised by a gyaru, turns out she’s gonna be raised by lesbians. She’s learning the way of the gay. Good for her.

last edited at Jun 2, 2022 12:17PM

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

with all the various onee-samas and imoutos i had a hard enough time figuring out who was who before the author introduced a pair of identical twins...now apart from yoshioka and watanabe i dont really have any idea what's going on. still, nice to see some progress on that front!

At some point I lost interest in everyone but the MCs and I just skip all the side characters' stuff. I like the author but Arata Iri they are not.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The cat's out of the bag and the beans are spilled.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Let's gooo

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Relying on random acts of nature to progress the story seems a bit cheap. I mean it can totally work but not in a romance manga.

carlosraruto
Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Relying on random acts of nature to progress the story seems a bit cheap. I mean it can totally work but not in a romance manga.

Random acts of Nature!? This is obiously the Gods of Yuri at work!

Fb_img_1655021386325
joined Dec 23, 2018

I love this manga so much.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I gotta say, I think like 50% of the reason that people are confused has to be due to sub-par translation, I sometimes feel like I'm having a stroke whie reading this.
Also lmao at Watanabe's wish, it's like it's from some completely unrelated fantasy story where the existence of the world is endangered by some ancient beings trying to destroy the fundamental forces of nature. (I get it's probably meant to be something along the lines of the school keeping its vibe, but the translators strike again).

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

order vs chaos, yuri edition

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Oh my gosh…

Wonder how Fuyu’s gonna escape confronting her feelings this time? Or will they actually start dating next chapter? I am excite.

I don’t really get how people can’t tell the side characters apart. They seem fairly distinct to me? Like, sure they’re not the most interesting, but I remember who they all are pretty easily? The translation quality definitely doesn’t help though.

last edited at Jun 2, 2022 2:17PM

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Unexpected yuri development

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

IT'S COMING BROS

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

That was unexpected but very welcome. This is probably the most direct way that such a wish has been granted.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

honestly I kinda wish the author would create a character sheet as I have forgotten all the character names yet again

carlosraruto
Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

I don’t really get how people can’t tell the side characters apart.

I mean, the side cast is not that big

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

honestly I kinda wish the author would create a character sheet as I have forgotten all the character names yet again

There is one. Although it doesn’t include the twins
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_is_taboo_to_a_yuri_otaku_ch08#4 (and pg.5)

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Aw yiss, I'm 1000% here for this!

To reply you must either login or sign up.