Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I laughed, but she should have noticed the building was a karaoke.

I mean, I'm sure she did, but if manga tropes have taught me anything it's that karaoke parlors are also nice private spaces to have a breakdown after something bad has happened. So I can still see her rushing in with concerns.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I laughed, but she should have noticed the building was a karaoke.

I mean, I'm sure she did, but if manga tropes have taught me anything it's that karaoke parlors are also nice private spaces to have a breakdown after something bad has happened. So I can still see her rushing in with concerns.

If old school shoujo has taught me anything it's that karaoke parlors are also nice private spaces for something bad to happen in the first place. Bullying, betrayal, attempted rape . . . So I can still see her rushing in with concerns.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What a misleading message... :D

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I'm a big fan of the feel-good vibe and positivity of this story. I also love the misdirection(s), it really felt to me like Ruri was giving the stink-eye when she glanced at Miyako and might be stirring something up, but nope. Unless it was all part of a plan to have Hatomori killed.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

From how the story has moved until now, I don't think there will be any heavy drama.

In 11 chapters, each time there was a hint of drama, it was resolved in at most a chapter and it turned out to be no real drama.

So, if there's any actual romance between Asako and Miyako, it'll probably be a slow-burn, with a lot of slices of life in between.

Next, comes Asako's ex?

last edited at Jun 1, 2022 8:05AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Unless it was all part of a plan to have Hatomori killed.

You bet it was. These idols are plotting. Straight up murder without dirtying their hands.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Unless it was all part of a plan to have Hatomori killed.

You bet it was. These idols are plotting. Straight up murder without dirtying their hands.

It's fine. She can come back like the times Miyako has murdered her before. :P

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

I'm just surprised that the breakup at the start was with a girl, I feel like pretty much every adult life Yuri I've read with a breakup at the start is always a straight relationship.

Yeah, it's half the reason I read past the first chapter. It signaled to me the author wasn't just going to pussyfoot around a cliche story. Now I'm hoping that I'm not proven wrong, and they get the courtship phase over with sooner rather than later.

Sidenote: I'm firmly in the "all landlords are bastards" camp, but... I'm a sucker for a pretty face just like Suga.

In 11 chapters, each time there was a hint of drama, it was resolved in at most a chapter and it turned out to be no real drama.

Yeah this worries me, for the type of story I was hoping for.

last edited at Jun 1, 2022 11:20AM

yuriconnoisseur
joined Apr 26, 2022

Hatomori is in pure bliss lol.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Honestly I am super ok if Miyako and Suga-san just end up having a “sisterly relationship” and this Yuri turns into a Subtext. Their friendship/partnership is just so nice.

(I’m re-reading the whole story in memory of Hatomori. She died three times already, like @ luinthoron pointed out)

last edited at Jun 1, 2022 11:32AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

From how the story has moved until now, I don't think there will be any heavy drama.

So, if there's any actual romance between Asako and Miyako, it'll probably be a slow-burn, with a lot of slices of life in between.

Yeah, I think you're totally right. Which is actually great. I love the laidback feeling of this one.

Next, comes Asako's ex?

Sounds like a plan, haha

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hatomori is having a spiritual experience.

last edited at Jun 1, 2022 2:34PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Next, comes Asako's ex?

Sounds like a plan, haha

Miyako and Hatomori telling Suga’s ex to get wrecked when.

Beeimbw9_400x400
joined Dec 23, 2021

Next, comes Asako's ex?

Did I miss something? I didn't see anything that would suggest this?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

GopnikAdora posted:

Next, comes Asako's ex?

Pure speculation.

She's obviously a trauma for Asako, so I guess it'll be addressed at some point.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

GopnikAdora posted:

Next, comes Asako's ex?

Pure speculation.

She's obviously a trauma for Asako, so I guess it'll be addressed at some point.

I can't really see her showing up anymore. She's gone and has no reason to come crawling back now, and as much of a sucker for a pretty face Asako may be, there's no way she would be falling for her (or any other past flame she had similar bad experiences with) now. Sure, she has her traumas about the previous relationship, as we've seen demonstrated before, with her reaction when she was caring for the sick Miyako being the most notable, but there is not much a confrontation with the ex can do about this - it's the repeated realizations that Miyako is not like those before that have been helping Asako come out of her shell and slowly become closer with Miyako.

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

She's going to collapse. I just know it. I would if I saw my idols hanging out in a karaoke room. No- matter of fact, I DEFINITELY would. No questioning it. Gone. Donezo.

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

Hato-san ascended lol

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's fine. She can come back like the times Miyako has murdered her before. :P

"If I had a nickel for every time my idol caused my soul to leave my body, I'd have 2 nickels. Which isn't a lot but it's weird it happened twice...."

joined May 1, 2015

Hatomori x Ruri.
I want this too.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

The lesbians are being useless again…

Hatomori x Ruri

YES, YES!

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

lmao at hatomori and ruri just embodying the comments in the last couple of pages. perfectly done, author.

asasadf

last edited at Jul 1, 2022 4:35PM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I really like this series a lot. The art is great and the story has been done well so far... Also I wonder if those likes are two different kinds of likes said at the end there lol.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I really like this series a lot. The art is great and the story has been done well so far... Also I wonder if those likes are two different kinds of likes said at the end there lol.

If I had to guess i'd say they both took it as "I like like her but she probably only likes me as a friend". That or Suga understood perfectly well and just chose to ignore it. to protect herself or some other reason

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ruri has joined Hato-san in the reaction face corner. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.