Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Feb 1, 2021

A manga this good doesn't deserve such a crappy thread.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

A manga this good doesn't deserve such a crappy thread.

¯_(ツ)_/¯ Bad press is still press, I guess.

Still, I do apologize if I contributed in some way (I believe I did), besides that weird drama people dragged me into that made the admins track my account to check allegations of having more than one account.

Just wish we could talk about the plot and predict what will happen as a community. That's the fun thing of reading/watching media with weekly/monthly updates, we get to place our bets and stuff... That's why I come here everyday and try to interact, talk about the story as much as I can, specially after we've been called out for talking about music and other tangents.

But ppl come here and Yuri-hate, accuse each other of transphobia when the story is clearly abt cis ppl and this and that. That's just a story about two high school girls who listen to Nirvana, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Foo Fighters and etc, it ain't that deep, it ain't gotta be the perfect representation and a masterpiece of LGBT-themed stories. It's just about alt lesbians/bis and it's supposed to be light-hearted. Honestly, it's a manga from twitter, do we really need to expect real deep social commentary? nope. let's just have fun pls and appreciate the cool af art from sumiko-sensei

last edited at May 31, 2022 10:55AM

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Adding lines to a quoted post that the original user never actually wrote. Using a sock (such bravery). Accusing a well established regular (who is also a woman, and gay) to be a homophobe. Nice going there, person lacking in common sense. You do know that the staff can track down your IP and connect it to your main account, right?

A lot of this going on, huh.

*Rolls eyes*

My final take on this is that, as it is, they would make great friends and there's absolutely no need to make it a romance at all costs.

Mitsuki has no friends at all, Aya has no friends who share her taste in music, so, once the misunderstanding gets resolved, I can envision them become BFFs, not a couple. But it's not impossible they become a couple, since the mangaka is a yuri author. So there's that.

Some manga here were more explicitly romantic, but they only deserved the Subtext tag.

And we're on Dynasty, so people would ship appliances and make them fuck if it was suggested they are female, so whatever.

I feel you. I wish it was a story of friendship. The way things are playing now, there are so many problems and I pointed them before. If this was a story of friendship instead of a story of romantic seduction, I'd very much like it and be happy to read it.

joined Feb 17, 2018

...is black nail polish hard to remove? Can't say I ever noticed lol

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Well, as far as I know depending of the quality of the nail polish, you need a LOT of layers, so it does get hard to remove. and I think that's for both dark and light colors.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Let's not turn this into another one of those threads again please and keep the conversation civil without accusing people of having sock accounts. If you believe someone is then go through the proper channels and talk to a mod. We've already had a mod look into things previously.

last edited at May 31, 2022 4:22PM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Mine's a pain in the ass but I also have never worn any other color so I can't compare lol.

Daremo from Parts Unknown
OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Commander513 posted:

[inaccurate and nonconstructive post removed]

You've gotta click a lot more buttons to make a new account than I do to ban all of your accounts. Cowards don't get to keep their posts up, either. Take care.

Mod Note

From here on, anyone found to be engaging in any of the following behaviours will be removed from this thread, possibly the site, and possibly permanently. These are:

-Using multiple accounts
-Witch hunting
-Making unsubstantiated accusations against other users
-Personal attacks
-Engaging in thread derailment only tangentially related to this manga

There are many other places on the internet that tolerate these behaviours regularly. Dynasty is not one of them.

If you believe someone else is creating a negative environment here for you or other posters, report it in the Help thread, or reach out to me privately. The rules are always available for review. Final say over what is and is not appropriate lies with me. Thanks.

last edited at May 31, 2022 7:01PM

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Mine's a pain in the ass but I also have never worn any other color so I can't compare lol.

The bigger issue (from what ive heard, ive never worn nail polish before) is that taking it off so frequently will destroy your nails pretty much. It would be a cool plot point if once Mitsuki is found out by Aya, Aya convinces her to be a little more open at school and so she can start keeping the nail polish on without constantly stripping it

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The bigger issue (from what ive heard, ive never worn nail polish before) is that taking it off so frequently will destroy your nails pretty much. It would be a cool plot point if once Mitsuki is found out by Aya, Aya convinces her to be a little more open at school and so she can start keeping the nail polish on without constantly stripping it

I do hope Mitsuki realizes that on her own. Aya could give her a push, but it’d be better if it was only indirect. Aya is unapologetically the way she is (makes sense, she’s a gyaru after all), liking the music she likes, talking about it out loud even if she’s not understood by her friends. That takes a lot of guts, to not hide yourself and your tastes even when most people will think it’s weird. Instead of directly telling Mitsuki about that, it would be cool if she could serve as an inspiration unknowingly.

• Abt the nails: nailpolish in itself can be a bit harmful if not used in moderation but i’d say the chemicals used to remove it are what really destroys the nails since they are abrasive. Source: I like painting my nails in really flashy colours whenever I do it, so I know this much (≖ ͜ʖ≖)
Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

gay people are a myth, like wizards and unicorns

wait gay people are real? I though it was like just an online thing

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

I do hope Mitsuki realizes that on her own. Aya could give her a push, but it’d be better if it was only indirect. Aya is unapologetically the way she is (makes sense, she’s a gyaru after all), liking the music she likes, talking about it out loud even if she’s not understood by her friends. That takes a lot of guts, to not hide yourself and your tastes even when most people will think it’s weird. Instead of directly telling Mitsuki about that, it would be cool if she could serve as an inspiration unknowingly.

• Abt the nails: nailpolish in itself can be a bit harmful if not used in moderation but i’d say the chemicals used to remove it are what really destroys the nails since they are abrasive. Source: I like painting my nails in really flashy colours whenever I do it, so I know this much (≖ ͜ʖ≖)

I do think the mangaka could be reading these forms and take the whole entire stick on nail thing in like an extra of something

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I do think the mangaka could be reading these forms and take the whole entire stick on nail thing in like an extra of something

A part of me is still like “how the HECK did they know we were going crazy over the black nailpolish thing??? do they read minds???”

when they mentioned school regulations i got spooked cuz i saw this be mentioned here many times (i even mentioned it myself).
so they are GOOOOD. they know what the public wants even tho none of us interact on twitter and the twitter replies are nothing like this thread (thank u twitter autotranslate, i can at least know how people are responding to the manga directly to the author)

last edited at Jun 1, 2022 4:38PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

She can't keep getting away with it!

don't worry. Mitsuki's inner gayness will sprung into action and will be realized to Aya-chan. just wait out a littler longer.

joined Feb 17, 2018

It's not really clear how often she's at the shop but yeah I used to change my nail polish a lot and stopped swapping out colors so much because it was rough on my nails.

Anyway I find really funny that she's like oh no my nail polish, here get a good look at my face instead lol

I see a guitar too I'm sure she can use that to woo Aya

last edited at Jun 1, 2022 11:02PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

https://dynasty-scans.com/images/20177
You bet she will

joined Jul 21, 2020

Anyway I find really funny that she's like oh no my nail polish, here get a good look at my face instead lol

"I must make sure she doesn't notice me!"
Sheet of paper on her face! Kabedon on the railing! Nose to nose stare!
I still can't for the life of me figure how she managed to fumble everything so bad as she did.

joined Feb 17, 2018

You bet she will

Oh snap
God the artist is good a drawing longing expressions
It almost moves something inside my dead soul

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

You bet she will

Oh snap

S A M E here
I am obsessed with the art style, it’s sooo good

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

"I must make sure she doesn't notice me!"
Sheet of paper on her face! Kabedon on the railing! Nose to nose stare!
I still can't for the life of me figure how she managed to fumble everything so bad as she did.

ngl it felt a bit forced

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

prince

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

You bet she will

Oh snap

S A M E here
I am obsessed with the art style, it’s sooo good

If you like the art style, I recommend checking out illustrations by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

I need the next 4 chapters asap

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I need the next 4 chapters asap

Sadly that’s not very likely. The series is updated weekly (every Sunday) on the author’s twitter, 1 chapter (4 pages) per week.

Welcome to the club of people who freak out over the weekdays waiting for a new chapter hehe

To reply you must either login or sign up.