Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

joined Dec 17, 2021

I wonder what the misunderstanding is here because I don't trust all those mentions of anyone having sex with Maron, I'll honestly be more surprised if hair vibrator girl is actually receiving sexual services.

joined Dec 17, 2021

^ Yes. I see a lot of people compare Makino with Toudou from Sorry but I'm Not Into Yuri, but they got everything wrong. Toudou is an unredeemable scumbag, Makino is a misguided angel.

Toudou is scummy at times and a complete idiot at others, but I don't see how she stands out from most of the girls surrounding her (the only decent one was the sports lover). Plus, she always gets thoroughly punished for all her actions.

last edited at May 28, 2022 7:40PM

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Always loved an easy to hate character. And this one is easy to set up for redemption due to them being a spoiled brat who just needs comeuppance. However that last panel? Bit hard to let slide. (also, she could've maybe said she's maron's student.)

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

So one Jane calling another Jane a scumbag...how classy.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

(also, she could've maybe said she's maron's student.)

she can't say that because satou-san is the teacher, not maron. that would be revealing the girl's double life to a possibly dangerous stranger.

she could say friend tho, but mc is dumb

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

You heard it here first: Makino will never have a chance to answer because Maron will come out of the house and interrupt the conversation.
And then Makino will have to explain what's the f she's doing there, big oopsie.

I think you're correct.
I'm kinda curious whether Makino realizes Maron certainly has dozens of clients? She clearly dislikes this Rina girl, and I guess that makes it personal, but as for the others... there's no way she believes she can keep following Maron and chasing away all of her clients, right??

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

Im gonna sound dumb but I now realize the reason why scummy is in the title

joined Mar 8, 2022

Maybe it's just me but I don't think MC intended to stalk Maron. I just realized that almost everything is written/drawn from her perspective of view. And to get information for the readers, she more or less has to be following her, or else we only get to see what MC sees herself. In a way it's stalking, in another way it's just the perspective of view.
But I don't know, that's how I see it.

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

author's afterword is amazing as always rip long hair

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Scum on Scum Action

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Maybe it's just me but I don't think MC intended to stalk Maron. I just realized that almost everything is written/drawn from her perspective of view. And to get information for the readers, she more or less has to be following her, or else we only get to see what MC sees herself. In a way it's stalking, in another way it's just the perspective of view.
But I don't know, that's how I see it.

It's how I see it as well: she's a baby lesbian in baby love taking baby steps towards her goal, which she isn't even all that certain about, but whatevah, she pluckily perseveres!
(That oil tycoon fantasy where she buys Maron 24/7 forever is the closest thing to a goal she has figured yet, lmao!)

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Scum on Scum Action

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

The MC is a coward but I would love to see if she has the balls to say yes to this just see what happens. Doesn't even need to follow through. Would be hilarious.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The MC is a coward but I would love to see if she has the balls to say yes to this just see what happens. Doesn't even need to follow through. Would be hilarious.

I hope she has the balls. I love MC (it’s a character you love to “hate” and call a dumbass), she’d gain more points with me if she said “sure why not” just to startle the other scum

but some scum on scum action would be kinda interesting

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

What could exactly be a look, or a type of make-up, that makes you look like you'll kill anyone who rubs you the wrong way or says a wrong line?

That's a very good question that allows us to illustrate well the differences between Western and Asian sensibilities.

In the West, the answer to your question would be something like this:

In Japan, the answer to your question is something like this:

Japan is different, of course.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

So Maron-san just ignored Makino’s obvious stalking? I thought she’d call her out on that, not only about speaking to a client.
Well… Makino is in danger now tho, I am aftaid this Rina will find out about the school and end up seeing Satou there

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The authors' afterwords are just as important as the content of this comic.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The authors' afterwords are just as important as the content of this comic.

Agreed. I love reading what she writes about her child and stuff, it’s like we are besties. I wish her the best.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Makino successfully protected Maron!

Score one for team Angel in Love Pretending to be a Scumbag. Yay!

But... the real scummy chick is planning revenge...

joined Mar 24, 2021

Wholesome afterwords

joined Oct 21, 2013

Rinarina and Makino should just book Maron together.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm genuinely surprised Rinarina hasn't been blacklisted. I get that she's a big money source, but if she's making all of the staff sick by working them to death with her unlimited stamina, that just seems bad for your workers and ultimately the business as well.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Makino defined in one panel

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Rinarina and Makino should just book Maron together.

Some people just want to see blood

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Makino defined in one panel

she just like me fr

To reply you must either login or sign up.