Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

It's actually not bad theory, but how do you explain grin at the end of last chapter? Unless it was just her being happy about making progress with Hinako, but author wants to keep misleading us, hence her partially showing her true form and looking scary?

Yeah, this author LOVES keeping us on our toes about everyone's intentions. She's pretty... creepy, just intentionally, so if she WAS happy, and they just showed us her true form for a second to throw us off the trail, that'd fit very well.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

diversity win! the monster girl who wants to eat you is body positive <3

More like she's not a weirdo. As far as burn scars go that shoulder is nothing to be repulsed by

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Shiori: GET IN MY BELLY!!

FAT BASTARD

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Soooo, big question. Will clam slam time be done off the page and just suggested like Nanoha and Faito? Or are we going to have a full-on sex scene with Hinako and Shiori bared naked to the world?

Is there like a fine line of being tasteful on page that the manga has to abide by? I am not familiar with DC Next publications.

last edited at May 23, 2022 2:48PM

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

shiori just wants to give her hope and maybe make her fall in love then eats here, damn I can't believe I'm reading vore.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

"The only thing that matters is that you're you." is just *chef's kiss* ripe for turning around on Shiori at some point.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Honestly I think whichever way the story ends up going, whether it's and then everybody died or and then they had a chapter 44 or chapter 44 and then everybody died, I think I'll enjoy it.

This is probably the prettiest manga I'm currently reading, too :D

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

Yo, what's with that burn scar. I have a pretty big burn scar on my leg from like 2nd degree burns from when I was young and it's nowhere as dark as that. I mean the darkness could just indicate the increased pigmentation that occurs on the scar or it could be an indication of the severity of the burns (she was being burnt by car fuel). Looking more like some charcoal chicken there, (maybe that's appealing to Shiori?). Otherwise, very wholesome comment by Shiori in saying that she doesn't mind how she looks, but take it as you will it being in a romantic light or perhaps a voracious light.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, no, she's not getting homesick, she's just bound to this place as its guardian.

The way Shiori is looking at her, Ayame sure seems suspicious...

joined Aug 29, 2019

Loving it.
I wonder what Chiba-san's gonna turn out to be. Certainly not human.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At this rate, Ayame is either a monster who'll try to eat Hinako at some point or a local god like Miko who may want to get rid of Shiori as a dangerous intruder.

last edited at Jun 21, 2022 9:16AM

joined Jul 8, 2021

That cooking assistant is so sus.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, but there's really no reason to leave those locks of hair loose.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Beware of cooks bearing egg plants...

joined Jan 13, 2021

WataTabe spinoff where local moms line up to feed Shiori anything they can think of and happily commend the zest with which she eats.

Shiori polishes off an entire deer carcass "My! It's amazing how she doesn't waste anything! You should see how picky my kids are."

Shiori laps the tongues of fire from a 50 vehicle pileup "Oh, dear! She's always so ready to try on new flavors! I never have to worry about whether a dish is too experimental for her."

Shiori swallows a small island, the borders of her mortal raiment parting to reveal the abyssal tendons coiling and churning beneath "Wonderful! More sacrifices on table three, please! She's a growing girl and she needs her nourishment!"

joined Dec 17, 2021

It seems we are heading towards the revelation that Shiori doesn't actually want to eat Hinako or that she's trying to make her want to live for different reasons than those she initially offered.

Asuming the best of intentions on Shiori's part, her plan is to trick Hinako into being happy with life again and then fucking off to God knows where so she doesn't have to keep her "I'll eat you" part of the deal. But again, that's asuming the best and, even if Shiori's goal is to keep Hinako alive, I doubt she isn't looking for something else too.

Anyway, interesting talk between Shiori and Miko. It's nice to know Miko is aware of Hinako's death wish.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I agree, especially considering the introduction panels, which almost seemed to imply she was someone we'd seen alone. The fact that she's currently with Hinako is also potentially troubling, and I suspect that Ayame will make her move when they're alone.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

It seems we are heading towards the revelation that Shiori doesn't actually want to eat Hinako or that she's trying to make her want to live for different reasons than those she initially offered.

Asuming the best of intentions on Shiori's part, her plan is to trick Hinako into being happy with life again and then fucking off to God knows where so she doesn't have to keep her "I'll eat you" part of the deal. But again, that's asuming the best and, even if Shiori's goal is to keep Hinako alive, I doubt she isn't looking for something else too.

Anyway, interesting talk between Shiori and Miko. It's nice to know Miko is aware of Hinako's death wish.

I do agree that she wants her to be happy and wants her to live... Almost like maybe her parents made a deal with Shioroi to protect their girl and make sure she lives a long happy life right before they passed away and knew they were going to be leaving their daughter alone from here out.

However It could 100% be yes she wants her to live but I do believe near the start of the series she explained that when she was happy she would taste better? Maybe I'm misremembering. She did say she wants her to live a long happy life though before she eats her.... So it could just as easily she wants her to live until she's old and eat her then lol.

And 100% Ayame is either a monster or a god of sorts and Shiori gonna have to choke a chick.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Honestly it feels like it's kinda hard to miss, but then again, we've had "insight" from the beginning.

I agree, especially considering the introduction panels, which almost seemed to imply she was someone we'd seen alone. The fact that she's currently with Hinako is also potentially troubling, and I suspect that Ayame will make her move when they're alone.

I'm not worried, actually. Hinako's got two quite capable and very protective parties watching over her, and at least one of them seems to be "in the know", yet hasn't found it important to tell the other about it.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

So what was shiori saying. I know miko knows she wants to die but I feel like I missed something at the start of the conversation

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Plot twist: The story ends with Door-Kun telling Hinako the value of life.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

I'm uneducated. Help?

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Beware of cooks bearing egg plants...

I'm still uneducated. Help?

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'm uneducated. Help?

I was referring to Shiori having only half her hair tied up for whatever reason.

joined Aug 29, 2019

So what was shiori saying. I know miko knows she wants to die but I feel like I missed something at the start of the conversation

Shiori knows that Miko is aware of Hinako's death wish, which is "the thing that would make her happy". Shiori's openly told Hinako that she's willing to grant her wish under certain conditions, while Miko apparently hasn't "openly" acknowledged that wish.

While Shiori says that "what [Miko] want[s] and what Hinako wants are complete opposites", she's referring to Hinako's death wish (to be at least blissfully ignorant in death) and Miko's wish for her to survive (in order to live a happy life). Shiori is envious of Miko's determination in face of such a stark disconnect between their desires and the continued frustration of Miko's efforts to make Hinako happy.

I'd say it's hinted at both here and in Miko's inner monologue on page 29, that Shiori may have "given up" on that method of trying to make Hinako wish for a happy life, despite essentially wanting just that.
She has chosen to, basically, bait Hinako into spending time with her and letting her get close in order to reach a point at which Shiori would feel inclined to eat her once she's found her will to live.
All the while she's deliciously ambiguous about whether she's serious about wanting to eventually eat her or if it's truly just a ruse to lure her out of her shell.

I think that's what she means with "But if you understood why [Hinako let Shiori into her heart], you wouldn't be able to be her friend anymore.": She's chosen to become a monster so she can approach Hinako from this angle and honestly play this rather wicked game of offering death as a reward for learning to live.

last edited at Jun 21, 2022 6:47PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.