Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Oh… oh no…

RIP the Kurosus I guess?

last edited at May 26, 2022 1:34AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

So, theory time:

Tokiko has been killing people for a while, the deaths surrounding her are all the 'compensation' for the people she's been killing. That's how the house murders connect into the main plot, it's where she's been dealing with her victims up to this point.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This chapter was so sad.....I already had bad vibes when Tokiko was leaving for school, but the sweet convo about her sister after just nailed it what was gonna happen. It's sad since I think if Tokiko let her sister know what she thought about their relationship the way she speaks about it to her friend, it'd probably have prevented this.

joined May 26, 2022

“If somebody knows their family will be able to get by fine without them, they can die in peace” Miyuki was so wrong :(

Some of Miyuki’s last moments: defending her sister, reassuring Tokiko how she always wanted her in the family, and making her lunch. this chapter killed me. Eager to see how Tokiko reacts

last edited at May 26, 2022 12:42AM

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

The only Kurosu that told Tokiko not to apologize, I knew Miyuki's was going to be the hardest :(

Panchbirdtoreva
joined Dec 14, 2020

Honestly, big sister is a bitch for that lmaoo. Ah the rest of my fams dead guess I’ll just kill myself instead of even attempting to live a life with my wacky zappy sis. If I was Tokiko I’d just be angry because of the sheer inconvenience like hows she gonna learn to cook now? Though I admit I burst out laughing when i saw the hanging panel lol

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Well shit. Wasn't expecting that.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Honestly, big sister is a bitch for that lmaoo. Ah the rest of my fams dead guess I’ll just kill myself instead of even attempting to live a life with my wacky zappy sis. If I was Tokiko I’d just be angry because of the sheer inconvenience like hows she gonna learn to cook now? Though I admit I burst out laughing when i saw the hanging panel lol

I think you and tokiko probably have a lot in common.

last edited at May 26, 2022 2:06AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

The panel of her sister hanging actually surprised me.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

miyuki nooooooooooo rip Ç-Ç

joined May 26, 2022

bruh tokiko will probably flip shit (at least by her standards) next chapter she’s not completely heartless

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The panel of her sister hanging actually surprised me.

Same, well done author you did get me. I am got.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Welp, With the family dead now that only leaves Tokiko's friend to be the next one who dies and generate an impact. The other side characters are kinda meh

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

bruh tokiko will probably flip shit (at least by her standards) next chapter she’s not completely heartless

I think so too. The difference from this death compared to the others were because they were accidents or coincidences so she didn't think much of them since she thought it was just part of the process. But Miyuki's death is the first one she's seen where they chose when to die. I really do hope this one throws her for a loop emotionally.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

Tokiko's problem isn't that she lacks empathy, it's that she's an idiot and an asshole. It's not that difficult to intellectually understand people are upset and act accordingly without feeling real empathy or even sympathy. Not that she should respond perfectly like a trained therapist, but the things she has said at each death have been practically calculated to anger people the maximum amount. Her insight when she's talking to her friend is nice, but she acts like a completely different and much worse person with everyone else. It's too bad big sis is suddenly gone because I was interested to see if she would open up to her the same way as with her friend.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Now that everyone is dead, how will the author last for 34 chapters?

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

It’s not just that she lacks empathy, she seems to struggle with understanding other people’s emotions at all. She struggles to understand why laughing at people in mourning angers them.

joined Jun 11, 2016

fuck

FUCKKKKKKKKK

At the start of the chapter I was a bit worried but overall happy at how Miyuki was still treating Tokiko kindly, AND THEN THIS HAPPENED FUCK!!!!

Now that everyone is dead, how will the author last for 34 chapters?

I'm assuming we will at least get 1 more chapter of Tokiko reacting to this, and then more chapters to uncover the truth about what happened with Rina and the Shiroki? Also pretty sure the entire manga has only 30+ chapters, so there's only 20+ chapters more.

20220119_192758
joined Nov 17, 2021

YOOOOO WHAT JUST HAPPENED

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The complete lack of TL notes on the credits page was the icing on the gutpunch cake.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

this might be reading into it a little too much, but the fact that Tokiko apologized to her sister for not being able to mourn the others, and how she seemed genuinely excited to start learning how to cook. And how when she found that her sister hanged herself she reacted with actual surprise in a way rather unlike she has up until now makes me hope that next chapter we'll be getting a Tokiko who is just a little uncharacteristically rattled.

also the extra page having Tokiko stand there in front of an obviously overcooked pot has equal part humor and tragedy in it, because missing her would be teacher that is just the best she's going to be able to do.

last edited at May 26, 2022 7:11AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Saaaad but saw that one coming :/ I also think it's likely that this death will be the first one to affect Tokiko in some way, curious to see which way that's gonna be

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

“If somebody knows their family will be able to get by fine without them, they can die in peace” ----Guess that could be taken as her farewell huh? Maybe she was just fed up with everyone dying and thought Tokiko would not mind much.

As others say, I think she will mind this one, a bit, if only for the cooking. I didn't know the author wrote Liar Satsuki...now I shall read that one too. Thanks for the uploads!!!

joined Aug 29, 2019

Unsurprisingly the one death that will shake Tokiko up a bit.
I'm actually also kinda surprised about Rina, curious to find out what happened there.

joined Jul 21, 2021

Tokiko's problem isn't that she lacks empathy, it's that she's an idiot and an asshole. It's not that difficult to intellectually understand people are upset and act accordingly without feeling real empathy or even sympathy. Not that she should respond perfectly like a trained therapist, but the things she has said at each death have been practically calculated to anger people the maximum amount. Her insight when she's talking to her friend is nice, but she acts like a completely different and much worse person with everyone else. It's too bad big sis is suddenly gone because I was interested to see if she would open up to her the same way as with her friend.

this also... isn't her problem?
she doesn't understand the reasoning behind such an action even though she COULD do that she seems to consider it a waste of her time as all it would do is shallowly make it seem like she was less suspicious than she is which she visibly has no investment in.
Additionally, she doesn't care how people perceive her and straight up doesn't sympathize with/ doesn't care that this is distressing her family so much besides a token "I think its bad they feel bad, just not enough to act on it."

I also think this is the point, she's not a good person she's actually an infuriating one to read about as the main character because she's the functional villian.
also I'm curious instead of killing someone someone killed HER and these deaths are the cost for her continued life.
might explain the white hair/lack of emotion but I also might just be wrong.

To reply you must either login or sign up.