Forum › Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream discussion

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

The popsicle was a metaphor for cock, no cocks on my lesbian manga

Yeah, I had thought that joke was a bit misplaced too, glad they changed it to be honest

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar and a popsicle just a popsicle.

Tsukushi was just embarrassed because, gasp, shock, "Indirect kiss with Hinoka!" In this kind of pure and wholesome manga, that's enough to make a girl fluster and flutter.

You're not wrong, and it very well could have been completely unintentional, but it still brought that to my mind, and I found it a bit awkward/uncomfortable to read in a yuri story. And seeing as I wasn't the only one who had taken it as such, I think it's quite likely they changed it precisely because it brought that image to mind, even supposing it wasn't intentional on the author's part.

Also, I never meant that Tsukushi had thought anything of the sort regarding the popsicle, only that it was a (distasteful) joke directed to the reader.

I have to agree that Hinoka literally shoving the popsicle into her mouth was funnier than only bringing the ice cream cone to her face though.

Imagine if she still did it with the ice cream, would be even funnier and messier. Man I just really wish they at least adapted her flustered face because that was cute. Maybe even the indirect kiss by making actually taste the ice cream, but from the shape of the ice cream I guess that would be a bit hard to do.

onlyseulrene
joined Dec 14, 2019

finally,, I first read this series as I was starting my first semester of college with nervous feelings & whatnot. this manga was insanely wholesome and i remember checking back daily to see if there are new updates haha. now that i finished up my spring semester, this feels like a new beginning in many ways. can’t wait for the upcoming chapters <3<3

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Woah this is different, how’s the CH friend gonna respond?!

Polish_20220813_091412010%20(2)%20(1)
joined Oct 17, 2021

...i wanna scream so bad... DEAR LORD YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I READ THE NON SERIALIZED ONE OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND NOW THIS STARTED!!!!!! PURE HAPPINESS!!!! ABSOLUTE JOY!!!! I'M THANKFUL FOR BEING ALIVE!!!!

joined Dec 13, 2020

...i wanna scream so bad... DEAR LORD YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I READ THE NON SERIALIZED ONE OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND NOW THIS STARTED!!!!!! PURE HAPPINESS!!!! ABSOLUTE JOY!!!! I'M THANKFUL FOR BEING ALIVE!!!!

Good for you, lol. For the record, I share your feelings! (´▽`)

joined Feb 1, 2021

I do sorta miss the original version of the ice cream scene, but mostly I'm just glad to be getting more of this.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Oh no she mean it like pals but it came out like gal pals.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Seems familiar. Sure like the art style.

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Beautiful. It makes me greedy for more.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Gay

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

Thought they were just immediately gonna become a couple due to the end of chapter 1 but eh Now I think I get what the plot is currently about.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

This chapter was always one of my favorites, and it's great to see it again, even without many noticable changes. Like, that perfect adorable confession that's not a confession is just chef's kiss

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oh dang, that didn't clear up anything at all for Tsukushi!

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

She's an idiot cutie

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

Lmao, idiot couple

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Such lovable idiots. Just confess already!

joined Aug 29, 2019

Oh dang, that didn't clear up anything at all for Tsukushi!

...and definitely confused Hinoka even more.

joined May 10, 2021

Man I can't... I need way more of this

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Is this an idiot couple? Because the lighter haired one seems like more of a Disaster by herself

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

This is way too cute.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

This is too funny. When you try to gal pal your way into things but you end up as gal pals instead.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

i cant stop laughing at how they both did not expect this turn of events

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Yeah, I had thought that joke was a bit misplaced too, glad they changed it to be honest

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar and a popsicle just a popsicle.

Tsukushi was just embarrassed because, gasp, shock, "Indirect kiss with Hinoka!" In this kind of pure and wholesome manga, that's enough to make a girl fluster and flutter.

You're not wrong, and it very well could have been completely unintentional, but it still brought that to my mind, and I found it a bit awkward/uncomfortable to read in a yuri story. And seeing as I wasn't the only one who had taken it as such, I think it's quite likely they changed it precisely because it brought that image to mind, even supposing it wasn't intentional on the author's part.

Also, I never meant that Tsukushi had thought anything of the sort regarding the popsicle, only that it was a (distasteful) joke directed to the reader.

I have to agree that Hinoka literally shoving the popsicle into her mouth was funnier than only bringing the ice cream cone to her face though.

Imagine if she still did it with the ice cream, would be even funnier and messier. Man I just really wish they at least adapted her flustered face because that was cute. Maybe even the indirect kiss by making actually taste the ice cream, but from the shape of the ice cream I guess that would be a bit hard to do.

Wow all of this bc someone automatically correlated a popsicle and a Dong... What a dirty mind...

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Lmao when i saw it I thought fingers, but having someone asserively put anything in your mouth is bound to make you feel some kinda way

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Such nice gal pals innit lads

To reply you must either login or sign up.