Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's a lot of blushing. ^_^

Fuuko you sweet summer child... Matsuri knows very well that that section is about marriage

Indeed. :D

And that "Thank you for being born!" reminded me way too much of this. :D

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ooooh Fuuko, I see you're still very innocent.

Beautiful chapter

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really love how we’re now getting what we didn’t get for so long—interior views of what Miss Sunflower thinks and feels about Matsuri.

Like imaginary drunk adult Matsuri, with her little string of pearls . . .

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awww. So cute

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Every new chapter makes me want to reread the hell out this whole thing over and over again.
Miss Sunflower keeps getting more embarrassed by Matsuri's "I love you"s, and she just knows she'll keep saying it as she grows older.
Also, Matsuri is certainly a lot more mature.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Yessss Miss Sunflower, gooood

Let the dere flow through you

I think my favorite thing about this is seeing them come of age in a really nice way. Like, it doesn't feel rushed. It really has been like three years in story. And I know there's a lot more to translate so I'm super excited to see them grow up even more through college and stuff.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I think I've said this before, but I'd just like to say it again.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank everyone that's been working on this. Himawari-san has been a manga I've loved for so long and getting to see new chapters so frequently has truly been a highlight of my days in these rough times.

joined May 1, 2015

These chapters are so wholesome.
I love when Miss Sunflower gets all embarrassed around Matsuri.
Just a bit more...

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I think I've said this before, but I'd just like to say it again.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank everyone that's been working on this. Himawari-san has been a manga I've loved for so long and getting to see new chapters so frequently has truly been a highlight of my days in these rough times.

Your comment just made me realise this story has been going on for more than 10 years. wow

And the first release was on September 20th, talk about coincidence!

joined Feb 1, 2021

Just ran through eight chapters of this and now the warm fuzzy feelings won't stop!

joined Jan 20, 2020

ngl its making me pretty anxious seeing almost no progress with just three volumes left. still, what a nice chapter, it's amazing we've been getting them this frequently now

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I'm gonna get diabetes from the sugury sweet Matsuri-chan, this series is just so wholesome and charming. I really do hope this has a yuri ending but if not then I'll still love it. Thank you translators for yet another great chapter.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

That's a lot of blushing. ^_^

Fuuko you sweet summer child... Matsuri knows very well that that section is about marriage

Indeed. :D

Aww, I miss Shinozaki-san. I think I've read it like 4 times, maybe I'll give it a re-read soon again

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Aww, I miss Shinozaki-san. I think I've read it like 4 times, maybe I'll give it a re-read soon again

I do hope we'll eventually get the last chapters here as well...

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

My memory of past chapters might be lacking but isn't this the first time Himawari-san has reacted, that strongly to Matsuri's love declarations? Def feels like she's finally starting to become conscious of her, not just as a child but as a woman for lack of a better wording~

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My memory of past chapters might be lacking but isn't this the first time Himawari-san has reacted, that strongly to Matsuri's love declarations? Def feels like she's finally starting to become conscious of her, not just as a child but as a woman for lack of a better wording~

That's probably true--her early responses to Matsuri's "I love yous" were either to ignore them or to be confused about what caused them.

But pretty much ever since the "Matsuri is special to me" emotional (whether romantic, Platonic, whatever) confession under the sakura blossoms, Miss Sunflower has been shown to be increasingly conscious of Matsuri and of her own feelings about Matsuri, who also has been depicted visually and thematically as significantly more mature than she used to be.

That's why I find the earlier poster's statement about "no progress" so utterly baffling--to me the latest few volumes have been almost nothing but (in the subtle and understated way of this series) significant progress in the Miss Sunflower/Matsuri relationship.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

That's why I find the earlier poster's statement about "no progress" so utterly baffling--to me the latest few volumes have been almost nothing but (in the subtle and understated way of this series) significant progress in the Miss Sunflower/Matsuri relationship.

To misquote the discord server, it ain't progress if the clams ain't slamming.

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

To misquote the discord server, it ain't progress if the clams ain't slamming.

They must bang harder than a pyrotechnics factory on fire for minor progress.

Nevermind that earlier Ms Sunflower would've never have a gay epiphany like she just did in the latest chapter.

And what a punchline to close the volume. It's been a while since Matsuri's last been compared to a dog. It was pretty funny.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Matsuri's hair is really pretty in this chapter.

bleudelalune
Akiko%20megaer%20think%20smaller
joined Aug 7, 2021

Matsuri's hair is really pretty in this chapter.

Agreed! Though, I thought I was going insane for a second. "Did she always have braids...?" It's a subtle thing, but I always appreciate when a series goes out of it's way to give it's characters' more diversity in appearance in their day-to-day lives, instead of just for a large event or gathering. Really makes the characters feel a little more alive.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nevermind that earlier Ms Sunflower would've never have a gay epiphany like she just did in the latest chapter.

Comes the dawn.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch74#11

EDIT: And how many times have people said of Miss Sunflower, "I didn't know she could make an expression like that?" Add one more to the pile.

last edited at May 26, 2022 9:26PM

joined May 1, 2015

Miss Sunflower has been defeated by Matsuri's charm.
Nice.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Comes the dawn.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch74#11

My one thought seeing that page was "And that was the moment Himawari-san truly fell in love".

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021
joined Mar 15, 2015

I read through the series over the past few days and enjoyed it. I liked the slice of life aspect of the series, as well as the chapters that gradually flesh out Miss Sunflower's backstory.

Out of curiosity, how many more chapters are left in this series, and is it still ongoing?

To reply you must either login or sign up.