Forum › Still Not Normal Today discussion

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I didn't quite understand what Yamashita meant on the last page by "Cause that self of mine from back then finally got to meet Takahashi, just maybe". Can anyone enlighten me?

(Lemme try...)

Yamashita was taken back to that old self of hers (emotionally), finding herself in a somewhat similar situation. However, this time Takahashi was there.
Figuratively speaking, the present day Yamashita was standing next to that child and saying "guess we are the same huh"/"Oh, so I'm still you...", but Takahashi joined the picture, showing both of these versions of Yamashita a different way of looking at stuff. So, to her, it's like this old-self got to meet Takahashi briefly.

At the panel here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_not_normal_today_ch09#8
It's like Yamashita was in that mental space alone where only her and her old self stood — with her memories manifesting themselves as the child. And Takahashi entered this space and greeted both of them. "I used to be alone, stuck in that place, but now Takahashi is here to change this (emotional) place"

joined May 1, 2015

Reminds me of the meme.
Damn bitch, you live like this.

Edit: I didn't check the previous page lmao.

last edited at May 24, 2022 2:46PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

I love their honesty towrads each other, no holding back XD

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I love their honesty towrads each other, no holding back XD

that's a good friendship right there

[doki]%20new%20game!!%20-%2008%20(1280x720%20hi10p%20aac)%20[d7e2281e].mkv_snapshot_06.17_[2019.12.06_19.05.24]%20-%20copy
joined May 15, 2022

Geez, all they're doing is wishing you good luck in a roundabout way. A "I hope you can make it so that you don't experience the feelings of sadness and frustration I ended up feeling because I couldn't make it" type of thing. It's nothing but good wishes directed at her, no one's telling her anything bad but she still finds a way to twist it so she can justify keep being miserable. What a pity-party.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Geez, all they're doing is wishing you good luck in a roundabout way. A "I hope you can make it so that you don't experience the feelings of sadness and frustration I ended up feeling because I couldn't make it" type of thing. It's nothing but good wishes directed at her, no one's telling her anything bad but she still finds a way to twist it so she can justify keep being miserable. What a pity-party.

hmm, maybe the first person did mean it in a way to wish her good luck, but her brother very definitely is being spiteful about not having had his dream of being a musician come true

joined Aug 29, 2019

hmm, maybe the first person did mean it in a way to wish her good luck, but her brother very definitely is being spiteful about not having had his dream of being a musician come true

I felt more like it was him putting pressure on her, like it's her responsibility to somehow make up for him failing at his aspiration, with him being resigned to the fact moreso than bitter.

joined Nov 20, 2017

I didn't quite understand what Yamashita meant on the last page by "Cause that self of mine from back then finally got to meet Takahashi, just maybe". Can anyone enlighten me?

(Lemme try...)
[explanation]

Thank you for the explanation !

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

I want her to go back to that trash filled room

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Perhaps even stay in it for a night cuddling in the futon, yeah no would probably smell. Sorry yamashita but your room is probably stinky and dusty

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Yamashita is Girl who stinks good.
Actually, they’re probably both girl who stinks good

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

Genuinely good wishes still carries a weight, no one wants to feel like they're letting others down.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Genuinely good wishes still carries a weight, no one wants to feel like they're letting others down.

That’s true. When you are already under amount of pressure from yourself, even the best of wishes from others will feel heavy. You don’t wanna disappoint others when you think you can’t do something, so that adds to the pressure

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

That’s true. When you are already under amount of pressure from yourself, even the best of wishes from others will feel heavy. You don’t wanna disappoint others when you think you can’t do something, so that adds to the pressure

In fact, this very thing is part of why well-meant wishes/expectations can be even more heavy than negative ones. With wishes of failure or expectations from people you dislike, you at least have your spite, which can fuel and hold you.
But when these come from well-meaning people you like (or at least don't dislike), spiting them or even just feeling burdened by them can make you feel even worse exactly bc you don't want to resent them.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

^^^^^^
EXACTLY!!!!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

She will go back there. To burn it.
"The only way to clean it is to wipe it out of existence, Yamashita. You'll be sleeping in my room from now on."

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well it is a motivation to keep her room clean xP

Screenshot_20220526-044757
joined Aug 7, 2019

Help i posted the "see you on twitter" bit to the site itself and it blew up

joined Jul 26, 2016

"The only way to clean it is to wipe it out of existence, Yamashita. You'll be sleeping in my room from now on."

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ank0 posted:

Quickly! promote your uuuhhh... twitch channel or something lo/

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

ank0 posted:

Quickly! promote your uuuhhh... twitch channel or something lo/

LMFAO

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

OH NO hahahaha

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"I'm recoiling!" Man I busted up. She did warn her, however.

last edited at May 26, 2022 5:19PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The things we do for love....

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The things we do for love....

Dyed hair is high maintenance af so that's TRUE love right there

To reply you must either login or sign up.