Forum › Throw Away the Suit Together discussion

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

This is so healing. I forgot how romantic sharing one plate can be.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

wow, the translation is done and up to date within 5 days!! Thank you so much.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Buying the first volume off amazon was worth it for things like this

joined Feb 1, 2021

There's something unique and compelling about this manga - I think it's that most romance stuff gives its characters fairly stable living situations so that the relationship can be the central challenge, but here there's never any assurance that any of that is going to be easy. It really heightens the importance of the main characters to one another.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Saving $10/payday is more meaningful if they're getting paid every day rather than every 2 weeks...

last edited at May 23, 2022 4:32PM

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Oh, the tension of had less money noticeable

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I've never seen anyone appreciate a can of beer that much

One of the simpliest yet most efective rules to have a good life... Enjoy the small things

To me, it was a KitKat chocolate... It still is

last edited at May 23, 2022 7:13PM

joined May 23, 2022

Buying the first volume off amazon was worth it for things like this

hi! i wanted to know if u could send me the link or where you got it off from because i really want to purchase this manga T_T thank you !!

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

This is indeed very relatable... Having experience about things like living to the status quo can wear one down to the mud, struggling between school duties and works and saving, etc... This made me tear up a little.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

My favorite story on this site not called “Virgin’s Empire.”

joined Jul 21, 2020

I've never seen anyone appreciate a can of beer that much

One of the simpliest yet most efective rules to have a good life... Enjoy the small things

When even ONE can of beer is a luxury you can barely afford, you better enjoy it. :/

I'm in love with this manga, it rings all the right bells. It's one of the most gripping works of yuri I've ever read. The psychological portrayal of the characters is realistic, the emotions are genuine, the careful narrative pacing and development of the mess they're in in after breaking with the hellhole that is work culture in Japan, all deserve praise. And the art... don't get me started. Not only this is great drawing, clean and detailed; It's not often that a mangaka dares be original, exploring such a wide range of perspectives and catching the characters in the middle of unexpected stances or in half-movement! It's impossible not to get really invested in the two leads. And I cringe when I see how their tight their finances are now. Not having to pay rent is what's saving them from a crisis, thanks to auntie! They are just bumbling forward for now, but they will soon need to start making plans and decisions for the long term. I'm looking forward to everything to come: the romance, the drama, the bliss and even the aaaaaangst that is still looming.

ThatdudefromVietNam
T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Jun 23, 2019

We won't get a happy ending with this setting lol, I feel like something bad is going to happen to the two of them

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We won't get a happy ending with this setting lol, I feel like something bad is going to happen to the two of them

Why? Sure, there's going to be some kind of conflict along the way, but what points to this series having an overall unhappy ending?

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Really sells the ambient omnipresent feeling of despair. Even if you’re happy right now, you know this can’t go on much longer, and that feeling just eats at you all the time. You never get a break from it, not really, you can never fully relax.
Excellent chapter.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Holding hands on the table of the diner, wow. Very nice drawing on that panel!

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Both this and "still not normal today" are crushing my soul with their representation of realistic aspects of life...

joined Dec 21, 2016

Awesome credits page

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

That feeling that things aren't right, just lurking in the background like a TV turned to static in another room, slowly, gradually growing louder. Love it.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That feeling that things aren't right, just lurking in the background like a TV turned to static in another room, slowly, gradually growing louder.

Also known as "anxiety". That page had hit me where it hurts...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A couple of more serious thoughts at the end, but mostly just a pure happy fluffy chapter. ^_^

Awesome credits page

And that. :D

joined May 10, 2021

Both this and "still not normal today" are crushing my soul with their representation of realistic aspects of life...

The underlying despair and bitterness amidst the happiness make those two so realisticly painful when trying to be so hopeful (if that ever make sense..)
But fuck me, those two are like a destructive addiction. Love 'em!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"Lily means yuri." The hell you say!

You can only dodge life for a little while. It's important to hold on to happy times while you can, but it is an uncaring charade that ultimately awaits us all. Methinks Shakespeare mentioned it.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

I can relate to this so much. I was working some part time jobs after finishing college and having fun everyday and not thinking about the future. Got a 9 to 5 "real job" a few months ago and all I do is work now and too tired to do anything on day offs. A stable income with no time to enjoy it, wish life was more than that.

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Even a simple panel of "no one's here so we can keep holding hands" is so sweet and cute, love their relationship hope they can actually achieve a stable life.

I hope it doesn't go down the route like the other manga I read, I don't know the name I think it was about the girl working/owning the laundromat which is about to go out of business and has a hobby of making music? ( God my memory is so bad)

last edited at Jul 19, 2022 1:54AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Even a simple panel of "no one's here so we can keep holding hands" is so sweet and cute, love their relationship hope they can actually achieve a stable life.

I hope it doesn't go down the route like the other manga I read, I don't know the name I think it was about the girl working/owning the laundromat which is about to go out of business and has a hobby of making music? ( God my memory is so bad)

You're thinking about Octave and I agree, that was a real dumpster fire of a series. Doubt this one will go anything like it

To reply you must either login or sign up.