Forum › Season of Alabaster discussion

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I know, I know, I'm known as the het scanlator around here, and I'm not doing anything to help my cause, but I fell in love with that one when I discovered it a few days ago, so I really wanted to share! Hope some of you like it!

I'm already hyped for the next chapter personally.

Tumblr_6092d594b3a92296a4d35bac1b1a474c_c2d1131f_400
joined Apr 4, 2022

this already feels like its gonna be a fun ride

Frog
joined Oct 14, 2020

I wish all art classes were like this

joined Sep 6, 2018

Thanks for the heads-up, uploader. Looking forward to reading it.

Edit: I’m in till the end. Artwork is top notch and comedy/plot will keep me interested. “Blackmail” might apply, but I see the student will benefit having a free model to help him out with his improving talents.

I wonder how long it will take before this professional relationship turns intimate: I’d give it five chapters.

last edited at May 24, 2022 12:50PM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Thanks for the heads-up, uploader. Looking forward to reading it.

Edit: I’m in till the end. Artwork is top notch and comedy/plot will keep me interested. “Blackmail” might apply, but I see the student will benefit having a free model to help him out with his improving talents.

I wonder how long it will take before this professional relationship turns intimate: I’d give it five chapters.

I'll surely get much more interested and involved if things really turn romantic, teehee!!!

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Looks very interesting, it is nice to get this sort of stories from time to time.

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

This is probably going to get me crucified but for some reason this reminds me of Ran and The Gray World

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This is gonna be another fun ride! I'm all in for it

Just a heads up for later chapters, though it might not even come up, but "graffiti" is also the plural form of the word so there is no word "graffitis." It's more that it's a mass noun and doesn't have a singular form, so it is always "graffiti" and never singular like "a graffiti"

last edited at May 24, 2022 2:10PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

thank you daphie!

The Real Haman Karn
Haman%20icon
joined Nov 29, 2021

Nooo I was so enchanted by the art style and then it was het! Ah well not gonna ruin my day, have fun with this one everybody

Shoggoth_by_pahko
joined May 25, 2020

Oof, that one look like it's gonna be some pseudo-subversive shit. Seriously, the whole "do your graffiti on a canvas" is already missing a massive point of what street art is about and the way the teacher is presented, I really doubt she's meant to be in the wrong. Which doesn't bode well for the other aspect of the story, especially if it meant to be a student-teacher thing.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, I'm not too sure about that. Street art is a form of freedom for art. The city, or even the world is your canvas.

Here, she seems free spirited, but she's still a teacher and just goads the MC into doing boring stuff (draw on canvas, draw the human body).

So, while the fact that she's naked is supposed to show that she's wild, in the end, it's still all about getting in line and do what society expects of you.

Advance Tabco
Tabco%20avatar
joined Jan 17, 2018

RE: plural vs. singular "graffiti," I've seen "graffito" used in instances to describe a singular occurrence. Merriam-Webster lists it as well.

This is an interesting story and I'm curious to see where it will lead.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Yay! I'm happy to see at least some of you are in, I sure am hoping this keeps delivering!

Also, I've fixed the "graffitis" instances and a couple of other minor things, plus I've worked on the double-page spread a bit more (redrawn it more plus added tagline and chapter title, which were missing)! The graffiti thing is yet another French influence, since we do pluralize it in French. Oops!

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Heey thanks as always for the new series Daphie! Looks super fun, really looking forward for me~

(also doing sfx is hell, I'm all in for leaving them as is. Definitely not that I don't want to bother with them myself)

Shoggoth_by_pahko
joined May 25, 2020

Yeah, I'm not too sure about that. Street art is a form of freedom for art. The city, or even the world is your canvas.

Here, she seems free spirited, but she's still a teacher and just goads the MC into doing boring stuff (draw on canvas, draw the human body).

So, while the fact that she's naked is supposed to show that she's wild, in the end, it's still all about getting in line and do what society expects of you.

Exactly, nothing more irritating than to read something that obviously want to be "unconventional" while doing it in the most conventional way. Seriously, there was a good base concept with the delinquent student and "alternative" teacher (sadly, she really isn't) but the execution is just not there.

Maybe I'm wrong and the teacher will learn along the student among other thing and overall get better, but considering the start and the track record with these, I'm not holding my breath.

joined May 10, 2021

This seems pretty interesting, I feel like those two's interactions are gonna be amazing!
Also art looks lovely.
Also also, thanks for the translation!

joined Oct 22, 2021

bwah. Reminds me when I acidentaly attended nude drawing classes with my sister when i was like 14.

last edited at May 24, 2022 6:23PM

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

I think it’s a hit. As I have said too many times, I don’t like het. But your track record is so good I’ll overlook that in the certainty that the quality will more than make up for it.

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

I love every single story Daphie scanlates, and this is not an exception.
The art is great and I love the premise so far.
Would be fun to see a clash between to two caracter's view on art, not just the MC being put on the spot to draw nude art.
Look foward to see what happens next, thanks for the incredible work <3

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

I like het stories when they aren't overdone and cliché. This one looks interesting. Will keep an eye on this one

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Thank you everyone! I'm quite impatient for the next chapter!!! Your encouragement is super appreciated, it helps me keep going :)

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Wondering how the girl with the super obvious crush is going to play into the story, being a footnote, side-line, or actually have some influence/outcome.

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

I like how the boy kind of opened up to the teacher this chapter.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Welp, that's a nice take on art.

To reply you must either login or sign up.