Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Blue_izumi_hair_glasses
joined Aug 1, 2020

MahiMahi are so sweet.

MahiMahi are goddesses.

Of love, no less! They bless the relationships of those they meet!

Now... someone needs to bless them! lol

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Credits on point yet again. Ahh poor girl is scared of losing Miyoshi is she confesses her true feelings.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

aaaaaah ayano is such a mess i love it, what a sweetie

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

They're so fucking cute, I love them but also Ayano is as useless as dirt. She is as useless as she is adorable.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

P U S S Y

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I think it's a safe bet to say that Ayano x Miyoshi might be the last couple to get together. I mean I like them the most and they kyoot and shit, but good lord, look at how miniscule their progress is each chapter

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I have a questions for everyone here. Right now, as it stands, who is everyone's top pairing?

Ties are allowed, but only between 2 couples, not more than that. Mine are Haruka x Kanae, Honoka x Elisha

And between them, if I was forced to pick, Haruka x Kanae but only marginally so.

Haruka x Kanae for me too

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

I love the credits as always xD

But seriously, with how that panel with Ayano telling Miyoshi she loved that about her was set up, I was really hopeful we'd get that BA-THUMP moment from Miyoshi and finally at least see some mutual pining. But that's on me, I should've known better, lol. Even Ena is making progress with Yumimi faster than Miyoshi is catching on about her OWN feelings, let alone Ayano's, and with the former's self-esteem issues, that's really saying something.

Speaking of Ena, the fact that she was able to sum up the courage to articulate her feelings as much as she did in chapter 238 before Ayano can sum up the courage to tell her best friend she loves her (knowing full well Miyoshi would assume she means it platonically) is telling in its own right. Either Ena is secretly a lady-killer on par with Kaoru, or these two are just absolutely hopeless- and I think we all know which is more likely.

last edited at May 18, 2022 9:15AM

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

I have a questions for everyone here. Right now, as it stands, who is everyone's top pairing?

Ties are allowed, but only between 2 couples, not more than that. Mine are Haruka x Kanae, Honoka x Elisha

And between them, if I was forced to pick, Haruka x Kanae but only marginally so.

My favorite is Nononon/Yumimi.

It WOULD be a tie with Haruka and Kanae if their whole big confession conversation hadn't happened ENTIRELY offscreen. That kinda ruined it for me, since I love those scenes. So if I had to choose a tie, I'd probably choose Elisha/Honoka, just because of Honoka's character development and it's so fun watching her reactions to Elisha's affection due to being entirely unused it. And Elisha is so obvious in her feelings and PAINFULLY sincere, so there's not even the excuse that she could just be teasing (like there is with Yumimi- as a shy and extremely self-conscious girl myself, I can easily empathize with Ena there and can't blame her for assuming her feelings are unrequited).

It's just a fun combination, as is Nononon/Yumimi- I guess I just love the whole 'opposites attract' trope, lol.

last edited at May 18, 2022 9:14AM

A2912
joined Apr 20, 2019

The glacier moves a bit.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I am sorry but I have had a rant incoming for so long so here I go. I appreciated Ayano and Miyoshi pairing for many years. Theirs was a relationship that resembled most to reality out of all other ships. Loving your friend more than a friend but never having guts to open up to them and being satisfied with "jokes" and "pranks" is all too real for queer youth and their "will they-wont they?" routine was really entertaining for quite some time. Heck their story can be a good manga on its own with drama and aaaaangst tags. But they dont work here, in this manga.

Why? Because they are the rusted and stuck gear in this well oiled machine of gayness. Their dynamic is simply alien to the setting and characters around them. They are in an all girls school with extra-ordinary amount of lesbians in it. These two know about them, are friends with them, tease them about their relationship and even help them with their relationship. Heck Ayano even participates in BDSM session poorly disguised as photography with them. Being gay is not taboo among them. It is known and even encouraged. They have couple's gatherings, trips and even pissing contests to determine whose love is more true. Being gay is not taboo. And the worst of all it is not like nothing has happened between Ayano and Miyoshi.
THEY HAVE KISSED MULTIPLE TIMES. They Kabedonned, dryhumped and even held hands multiple times.

And yet fast forward to this chapter and you can see Ayano acting and thinking like they were introduced to each other by a friend of friend a week ago, being uncertain of how close they are as friends, let alone something more. Like I said this dynamic can be cute in another manga as the first or second chapter but it has been 300 chapter for Maria's sake. Either Ayano is suffering from amnesia or the mangaka doesnt know how to progress with these two.

Keep in mind that every kind of nerd got a girlfriend in this manga. MiyoshixAyano relationship feels incredibly stunted and unnatural by this point. They should either reveal that Ayano is suffering from a rare neurological disease which resets her memory to the beginning of the high school or that Miyoshi is straight and never had the guts to tell Ayano

Oh and OTP is Honoka and Elisha. They are just too much fun

last edited at May 18, 2022 10:50AM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I feel bad about Ayano, I mean, everyone is getting a significant other, yet she still simping for the same dumb jock.
And to make it worce, we don't know if said jock is into her or not.

wanderin_weeb
joined Mar 25, 2021

The day Ayano and Miyoshi start dating is the day this manga ends.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This is going to sound like a cop-out, because there's no tension, no character development, nothing that really counts as "story", but even so . . . Mahi-Mahi.

No, really. I just get a big smile on my face every time they show up, and I think that's good enough. Plus, they're actually about the most unique and memorable pair--there is nobody else like them.

joined Apr 6, 2013

To think that this manga began with Ayano and Miyoshi almost having sex in a bathtub, and now we are here...

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

everytime there's a new chapter i think it's finally going to be mio and shizuka but it never is

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I still love Ayano/Miyoshi. I have been rooting hard for Ayano since chapter 1. You can see that she is struggling with her feelings and whether she should be honest with Miyoshi or keep it to herself for the sake of their friendship.

My tied pairing would be Nononon/Yumimi. I love their interactions and how much of a positive influence Yumimi has been in Nononon's life to where she no longer rebutts all praise she receives from others. This whole chapter is one of my favorites for a reason; Nononon is just WAAY too cute!

last edited at May 18, 2022 4:51PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

They have couple's gatherings, trips and even pissing contests to determine whose love is more true.

When did this happen?? O_o

joined Nov 21, 2016

Honoka & Elisha

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Hmmm....she touched ayano's back....there is still hope!!!

But the confession will never happen, I think. Not in a normal way. The step from beiing brstest friends to lovers is a hard one, especially in the case of this airhead mihoshi!
Also I don't think,that she is actually dodging this love thing more her air- and happyheadness is just marking it as fun between two bestes friends. I mean,they became quiet close with the staring contest....

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Buhawi posted:

Buhawi posted:

I'm dead, I sure am DED!!! Because that was heaven!! Tokino is kinda the true beautyqueen in this series. She got the eyes, the fasion, the rather eccentric charisma and cardigans worth more than my entire cabinet!

But what matters more.

NAO WTF?!

I mean, dear god ,WTF?!

THOSE WERE ABSURDLY PERVY AND SHOCKING FANTASIES!!

HRMPF......!!!
.....I begin to love her more and more....

We're talking about somebody who has literally fantasized about stripping naked in the middle of class, aren't we?

Yep...Nao is one friggin interesting character for every psychologist. Don't get me wrong, it's not that she is ill or something. Quite the contrary. Interesting to know, how she got this desires, how she nutures them and what really REALLY is happening to her...hot damn. If I were a psychologist or someone analyising social behavior, this school would be a friggin playground!

Psychologist here! I find her interesting in the fact that she is very realistic for a depiction of a teen-ager with a paraphilia! But in general Kishi's depiction of the BDSM spectrum is quite realistic (especially if we think about how BDSM is usually depicted in manga).

Interesting to know actually. I mean, the BDSM stuff is kinky, but the way it's incorporated in ones every day life in subtle and not so subtle ways ((yes, I mean you, photo booth butt smacking jiggly wiggly scene!!)), it's quiet fascinating......human minds turned visual are deffo interesting.

Nao maybe is one of the characters with less chatacter development, but she makes up with her kinks. I'm dying to know, how this manifested and why shameful acts are her thing. Is it just a different type of masochism? Is it rebellion? Will she get closer with Yu and mari? Because this Triangle would be interesting,although mebbe not exactly compatible.

Nao would be just the side gimp

This is what I meant by realistic, in some ways. People who are into the BDSM community are extremely creative. This allows them to find kinkiness in almost everything. I'd be curious to know how she developed her kinky side, but usually fetishes/parafìphilias just emerge and are reinforced by operant conditioning. So it just "hpapens" to connect arousal to certain types of event and you actively seek those situations to get again those feelings.
Masochism and exhibitionism can have some common elements as they could not. It depends on the line of thoughts that the person has during the events.
I see no possibility of a triangle as a relationship with them.

Oh most definitely. While I'm not part of the active "doing things" part of the BDSM community, I have had a very similar experience to Nao in terms of experimentation. Not as outgoing, but certainly similar dreams and such.

I must say, that sensei has some wiiiild fantasies about this whole thing.
Ok,sensei got all wild stuff in this series,especially the heartshattering arc with shizuka.....this whole thing is killing me with outmost curiosity.....
Also I miss my two nerd girls ... And the geek girls....

joined Jul 19, 2014

Is it me or Mahiro and Mahiru are drawn more maturely?

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

They have couple's gatherings, trips and even pissing contests to determine whose love is more true.

3 couples had a staring contest where they measured how long they can stare at each other without looking away. Longer the better. Ayano and Miyoshi won it easily and Miyoshi celebrated it with shouting "It is love!"

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch130#4

This was so fun to read back then. Now it is just frustrating.

last edited at May 19, 2022 1:14AM

joined Dec 13, 2020

Is it me or Mahiro and Mahiru are drawn more maturely?

It's not just you. But imho the most noteworthy thing is that they might be developing individualities. For a long time they've been like perfect clones and their loveydoveyness was built on that foundation, as they knew and understood each other even in the tiniest details. But since not long ago they started thinking and acting differently in minute ways in certain situations... and that might be a hint that their love is about to evolve.

Edit: this is illustrated well in that scene where Mahiro suddenly changes her hairstyle to a ponytail and Mahiru is stunned...... because, first, they don't match perfectly anymore, and, second, she finds the sudden difference between them really attractive!

last edited at May 19, 2022 2:03AM

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

3 couples had a staring contest where they measured how long they can stare at each other without looking away.

Lmfao, and I was trying to figure how these girls had competed for who can pee farther xD
There's a HUGE difference between a staring contest and a pissing contest

To reply you must either login or sign up.