Forum › Walk to Death discussion

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

This is gonna be a wild and bloody ride for sure.

And it's definitely going to come to figuring out why that teacher died,for it was the only murder mentioned.

Can't wait.

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

"people die when they're around her..."
"we need to do something!"
"i know! let's bring her to us! that will certainly have good results"

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Sounds promising. Don't overwork yourself, a new chapter every few days would still be plenty fast. Is it completed at 34 or is it still ongoing?

Completed. The manga started in 2017 and finished in 2018. And I've gotten a lot of the prep work out of the way, so it shouldn't be too hard keeping pace. Plus it's motivating that people can finally talk about it.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Totally likes Umineko so far.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I feel so freaking stupid for only realizing that this is the same author of "Liar Satsuki can see Death" face palm.

Anw lol is it bad if I ship the eldest sister with the MC? I love how she seems to be the sanest among the siblings.

I think it's a very interesting little mystery; a bit rough around the edges but I love seeing how an artist grows, exploring a lot of similar concepts to Satsuki.
Fair warning, it is much darker. Satsuki is a rollercoaster of highs and lows, while Shi ni Aruki is more of a constant descent.

Thank you for doing this series! Also I'm guessing that this is made before Satsuki? The art seems rougher/less refined compared to Satsuki.

So why is this tagged as Guro? Almost didn't touch this one because of that.

There's been plenty of deaths, and we're only 2 chapters in. The deaths aren't always explicit, and things aren't really drawn too gory, but the tag is needed still, to let people know that there are some gore contents in here.

joined Jun 11, 2016

actually, in case you didn't notice, they're preparing to kill her.

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

actually, in case you didn't notice, they're preparing to kill her.

That doesn't make much difference. Obviously just being around her for a short period of time is enough to cause deaths, since 3 people died around her in the span of one day, 2 of them in the same location. Being around her whether they're going to kill her or not is already dangerous...who's to say the one that went to get her won't die en route to the next location?

Thank you for the snarky reply, though

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I think it's wanting or intending to kill her that triggers the curse. There's about to be another body or two

joined Aug 21, 2017

This manga is crazy, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I think it's wanting or intending to kill her that triggers the curse. There's about to be another body or two

I thought that too but doesn't really explain the case of her friend from the orphanage. I'm thinking it might be broader and it's just general negative feelings? Probably happens whenever they have a disagreement?

Anw lol is it bad if I ship the eldest sister with the MC? I love how she seems to be the sanest among the siblings.

I'm also really interested in the relationship between the eldest sister and MC. Not as a ship so far, but it's nice to see she does have one family member who still supports her. I'm hoping she doesn't kick the bucket too soon lol.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I thought that too but doesn't really explain the case of her friend from the orphanage. I'm thinking it might be broader and it's just general negative feelings? Probably happens whenever they have a disagreement?

We don't have enough details on the orphanage case to say anything there. And I'd expect more bodies if it was just every disagreement (realistically, it's still low for wanting to kill her)

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Ok, I was confused because Guro is often used as a sexual tag (short for Ero Guro). Somehow I feel like her friend is safe. Not sure what really triggers her "curse" yet.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Ok, I was confused because Guro is often used as a sexual tag (short for Ero Guro). Somehow I feel like her friend is safe. Not sure what really triggers her "curse" yet.

Guro is basically short for "grotesque", so it's mainly used for depictions of grotesque violence regardless of sexual content (different from the vanilla Violence tag which is mainly punching and stuff with limited use of blood).

joined Aug 29, 2019

Guro is basically short for "grotesque", so it's mainly used for depictions of grotesque violence regardless of sexual content (different from the vanilla Violence tag which is mainly punching and stuff with limited use of blood).

Huh, and here I thought it was an odd re-romanization of "gore"... It always kinda fit the bill so I never bothered to actually look it up.

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

I hope Miyuki survives!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

We don't have enough details on the orphanage case to say anything there. And I'd expect more bodies if it was just every disagreement (realistically, it's still low for wanting to kill her)

I'd honestly think the "curse" acitivates when someone is feeling negative emotions around her too, because she herself is always plastered with a smile so it might also work on her and she knows it, which would lead to her taking all of this with a hint amusement so as to not fall prey to the "curse"

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

That was rather interesting....

joined Jul 7, 2020

BANGER INCOMING

alphanatiken
Me%20now%20-%20copy
joined Feb 11, 2013

major Girl From Nowhere vibes.. ill be looking forward to this series

joined Jun 11, 2016

Obviously just being around her for a short period of time is enough to cause deaths, since 3 people died around her in the span of one day, 2 of them in the same location. Being around her whether they're going to kill her or not is already dangerous...who's to say the one that went to get her won't die en route to the next location?
Thank you for the snarky reply, though

That family has lived with her for years (since they adopted her), "being around her" or not is not the condition that triggers their deaths, since they would have died long ago if that was the case. Also in this chapter the two driving in the car were no were near her and one of them still died.

I was being genuine in my reply because it's very easy to skimp over the part where they prepared to kill her, I don't see how that was a snarky comment.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Thank you for another chapter! You're super quick!! Remember to take breaks and don't overwork yourself though!

I'd honestly think the "curse" acitivates when someone is feeling negative emotions around her too, because she herself is always plastered with a smile so it might also work on her and she knows it, which would lead to her taking all of this with a hint amusement so as to not fall prey to the "curse"

That doesn't explain the death of her friend back in the orphanage, that friend was trying to apologize and say goodbye to her. Unless by "negative emotions" you mean all negative things, including sadness, which actually fits what you guessed.

I'm also really interested in the relationship between the eldest sister and MC. Not as a ship so far, but it's nice to see she does have one family member who still supports her. I'm hoping she doesn't kick the bucket too soon lol.

Same! I really like how the eldest sister seems to actually cares for her. I really want to know how she will react to the news that nearly all of family is now dead, will she change her view toward Tokiko?

last edited at May 13, 2022 4:14PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmmm, I do like that Tokiko is greyed out but no bloodsplatter for fate unknown. Though I'd doubt she'll actually die this early in the narrative.

last edited at May 13, 2022 4:25PM

joined May 1, 2013

I think it's specifically this "desire to kill" the professor talks about that triggers it. It's not clear if wanting to kill gets YOURSELF killed or if it just hits someone nearby, though (the stairs sister is the outlier there). My working theory now is that Miyuki was planning to kill the dad (or actually did) for the inheritence, which set off a cascade of murder-feelings.

And I think as someone else said her attitude is a way of honoring her friend's final wish.

This story is interesting and I'm finding it engaging, but I still really prefer Liar Satsuki. Not even just because Satsuki's a disaster lesbian icon, but that story does a really good job of making something close to a fair whodunnit despite the supernatural elements. For this, it seems like the deaths ARE just final destination, and so a big part is just "a ghost did it" or whatever, which is less satisfying.

last edited at May 13, 2022 4:29PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, that was messy...

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

That's a tic tac toe win right there

To reply you must either login or sign up.