Forum › Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san discussion

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

^ It does, don’t worry

last edited at Apr 22, 2022 7:04AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So sinful, indeed. -__-

Man I can't believe the best friend weaponized the protagonist's cuteness to kill the rival off

High school kids be ruthless these days

High school has always been like this. Everyone who enters society is one of those who survived... which explains a lot about said society.

joined Jun 11, 2016

she literally fainted from seeing her crush being too cute lol. Gotta say that's totally relatable.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So how long is this comic anyway? It's hard to imagine this setup lasting much longer.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So how long is this comic anyway? It's hard to imagine this setup lasting much longer.

Chapter 11 (the first chapter of the magazine version) included here a list of all chapters and their original sources (web/mag/volume). 4 volumes (47 chapters) in total (25 web, 16 mag, 6 new for the volumes).

last edited at Apr 22, 2022 3:46PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Okay there was a small development, on the yuri front, maybe. (in a Sarcastic tone) I just can't wait to see how the aruthor is going to erase it, and take us back on square one. My money is on, ignoring it, and have the characters act as if nothing happened.

last edited at Apr 22, 2022 11:37PM

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

there is development later, so not the case

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

This manga could basically be called "Hiyama-san Can't Communicate!" I do like that she has an almost supernatural ability to always initially act the exact opposite of what's she's feeling.

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

She's so dumb lol

joined Oct 11, 2019

Was something supposed to happen between chapters 16 and 17...? Why are they on a date suddenly

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Was something supposed to happen between chapters 16 and 17...? Why are they on a date suddenly

Seeing how chapter 17 is chapter 11 of the web version, it follows chapter 10 instead.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Seeing this and her behaviour previously, I think it is fair to say that Hiyama has the social skills of a potato

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Seeing this and her behaviour previously, I think it is fair to say that Hiyama has the social skills of a potato

Mostly just around her crush. Thinking back, I can sympathize.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

being awkward around your crush? more likely than u think

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

being awkward around your crush? more likely than u think

Oh man, trying to make ordinary conversation (i.e., “small talk”) is pretty much a challenge for me anyway; doing it under stress—like trying to talk to a crush—I can only think of weird and cryptic things to say (almost like the “weird and cryptic” version of Tourette’s).

The jury is still out (and probably always will be) on whether it’s a better strategy to seem weird by not saying anything when you’re expected to talk or to seem weird by saying weird things.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I was hoping Hiyama would keep bashing the amusement park while more and more souvenirs kept appearing out of nowhere. That would've been really funny to see

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Oohh now that’s one sly move- “becoming the bear”

joined Aug 13, 2021

Hmmmmm, there's a lack of heterocompulsivity guiding the lead's actions, some kind of positivity towards the love interest, and reasonable feelings and actions from the main interest.
At this point, this just genuinely feel like romantic harassment from Himaya. It'd be hard to make that transition from disinterest and fear to some kinds of feelings believable.

joined Apr 6, 2013

I...I think I prefer the het...

WHAT HAVE I BECOME???

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Yeah this (ch 18, at least) is starting to feel like it's getting into abusive behavior territory. I really can't support Hiyama as she's acting currently.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

I...I think I prefer the het...

WHAT HAVE I BECOME???

I mean, we know he is a good boi at least

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shoujo_manga_protagonist_x_rival_san_ch14#1

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Getting back into creepy territory.
I half expect her to go full yandere and actually attack the boy.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Mizushima youre the sun... We do not deserve you

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 12:37AM

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

gigachad mizushima

joined Apr 14, 2022

Hayama has been acting in the exact same cartoonishly ridiculous way since Ch1, not sure how people are just now finding a problem with it after reading 18 chapters of the same schtick again and again lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.