Forum › An Illustrated Guide to Sapphic Behavior discussion

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Imma be real, I'd have assumed that the other lass wasn't interested and given up

joined Dec 30, 2020

Imma be real, I'd have assumed that the other lass wasn't interested and given up

for real. i'd have sent that "take care of yourself" text with all the feelings of a "whatever, bye."

that said, would she know if dr. yu reads her messages at this point?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

this was my favorite part of this chapter

Chairman Mao's little red book says: the Yuri Party is the core of the Tangerine Revolution, and reactionary forces are just paper tigers!

joined Jan 14, 2020

for real. i'd have sent that "take care of yourself" text with all the feelings of a "whatever, bye."

that said, would she know if dr. yu reads her messages at this point?

So who here has used Wechat?

As for the blackmailer, Yu thought "it's been two years", so probably something real from her past.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

That peek into her past didn't reveal much. I don't get it. What does she need to apologize for? How is she not being an obedient dog? Such a weird scenario.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That peek into her past didn't reveal much. I don't get it. What does she need to apologize for? How is she not being an obedient dog? Such a weird scenario.

My interpretation is that it was a possessive ex who was also her boss. When the doc tried to break up with her, she pulled rank and threatened to ruin her career if she looked at other women.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My interpretation is that it was a possessive ex who was also her boss. When the doc tried to break up with her, she pulled rank and threatened to ruin her career if she looked at other women.

Agreed. That seems to be a common trope in contemporary long strips—off the top of my head I can think of this, Serenade, and Pulse —a gorgeous, high-status mentor-figure to a cute protagonist is blackmailed or otherwise manipulated by a truly evil ex who is or was in a power position over the mentor. Also that character is usually introduced or invoked by that visual of a partial view of an evil face emerging from darkness.

Often leads to: “I can’t be with you for your own good, but I can’t tell you why, so I’ll be cruel so you’ll stay safely away. For your own good.” Much cutie angst ensues.

I’d guess that the blackmailing ex is probably linked to that reference to a potential promotion for the doctor that came up in the scene with the nurse in the elevator

last edited at Jan 9, 2022 9:55AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ok, so can someone explain it to me, because I'm confused. So Yu was clearly interested in MC, she invited her to date, gave her her contact info, but when then (while drunk) MC confessed to Yu, which she also clearly knew MC was interested in her, only then suddenly she realized MC likes her, it started giving her PTSD flashbacks about past relationship and she decided to start acting cold and ignore MC? Like that just doesn't follow. Either you have toxic ex-gf that blackmails you, so you avoid having relationships and when you see cute girl crushing on you, you push her away, or you fuck this shit and date her anyway, consequences be damn. You don't give her hope to then randomly ghost her.

last edited at Jan 11, 2022 8:01PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ok, so can someone explain it to me, because I'm confused. So Yu was clearly interested in MC, she invited her to date, gave her her contact info, but when then (while drunk) MC confessed to Yu, which she also clearly knew MC was interested in her, only then suddenly she realized MC likes her, it started giving her PTSD flashbacks about past relationship and she decided to start acting cold and ignore MC? Like that just doesn't follow. Either you have toxic ex-gf that blackmails you, so you avoid having relationships and when you see cute girl crushing on you, you push her away, or you fuck this shit and date her anyway, consequences be damn. You don't give her hope to then randomly ghost her.

Well, in terms of optimal dating behavior you're probably right, but if we assume that the doctor looked at the date as something fairly casual rather than the definite initiation of a serious relationship, her reaction to MC's confession is just her epiphany that there are stakes involved in being with MC that she hadn't been considering. (The sudden first-date confession itself was a function of MC's reckless drinking.)

As I mentioned, this is almost exactly the same setup as in Ratana Satis's Pulse. We don't have to assume that the Evil Ex has been constantly stalking her and destroying her relationships ever since they broke up--she may have just come back into the picture, or the doctor may have had an extended "too busy to date" period, and the issue hadn't come up in a while. There's a good bit of information we don't yet have to understand the overall situation.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Chairman Mao's little red book says: the Yuri Party is the core of the Tangerine Revolution, and reactionary forces are just paper tigers!

I have Mao's little red book, and Bloom Into You was a lot more fun to read.

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Honestly not finding this amazing, but the localization by the translator is so good and funny that I want to keep reading.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Could someone please help me. This is a bit of an off-topic question but it has been bugging me for a while - if China supposedly censors LGBT content in its media, how is it possible that yuri gets made there? Is it something done "in the shadows"? As long as it doesn't get too popular, it's okay? Or is it illegal and the creator knows they could end up in trouble, but does it anyway?

I am asking here because this is a manga from China (manhua), I apologize if it derails too much...!

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Could someone please help me. This is a bit of an off-topic question but it has been bugging me for a while - if China supposedly censors LGBT content in its media, how is it possible that yuri gets made there? Is it something done "in the shadows"? As long as it doesn't get too popular, it's okay? Or is it illegal and the creator knows they could end up in trouble, but does it anyway?

I am asking here because this is a manga from China (manhua), I apologize if it derails too much...!

Please read LunaaSnow's and kingtiger's comments here, there's nothing more that I can add that they haven't already said. Sorry, but every yuri manhua translator is pretty tired of talking about this in the comments of almost every single series.

joined Aug 10, 2021

Any updates? Why every manga I like gets delayed

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I hate when you can see the other person typing but they never actually reply

Of course the first update in months would come the day after i started reading it.

last edited at May 10, 2022 9:54PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Pauvre fille! That's dirty pool.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

cute owo

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

I guess we will see what happens next in summer loll. No but I do like this series so I don't mind to reread it again :)

Also, isn't her ex just something of the past instead of the present? And because her ex and the red panda confessed in a similar way it gave her a flashback and she got anxious to get hurt again. And that's why she got distant? Or am I the one who missed a whole bunch XD

last edited at Jan 10, 2023 9:10AM

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

oh wasn't expecting this to come back. glad it did tho

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Jeez, Xiao LuoLuo, get your Elizabethan English right. It’s “I shan’t disturb thee any longer” not “I shan’t disturb thou no longer” smh

bluraspberry Uploader
Chistaki
Bar4bidden
joined Jan 10, 2023

So glad a new ch came. Love this story so much glad to see it again.

joined Jun 10, 2021

Jeez, Xiao LuoLuo, get your Elizabethan English right. It’s “I shan’t disturb thee any longer” not “I shan’t disturb thou no longer” smh

Not only that but, in English, the second person pronoun (thou/thee/thy/thine) is actually a familiar or even impolite form of address, which makes it odd to use it in place of a polite form of address, which is what the translator's notes say they're doing.

joined Jan 14, 2020

There's the original use of 'thou' etc. and there's what people interpret it as today. Even a professional linguist like Tolkien stooped to using it both ways:

In one or two places an attempt has been made to hint at these distinctions by an inconsistent use of thou. Since this pronoun is now unusual and archaic it is employed mainly to represent the use of ceremonious language; but a change from you to thou, thee is sometimes meant to show, there being no other means of doing this, a significant change from the deferential, or between men and women normal, forms to the familiar.

To reply you must either login or sign up.