Forum › Her Trap discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm curious about that line in the conversation, Yasuko had with her mom, right after meeting Terumi. Yasuko's mom asked her "What? Were you Smitten? I am wondering is Yasuko openly gay with her mom, or is it just more of that old manga trope that even girls crush on the super cute girls.

Edit: The kind of crush born of admiration.

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 9:34PM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I don’t think she’s open to her mom cause I’m not sure she even knew she was gay before meeting Terumi. This reads like a gay awakening story to me. Actually, i was curious if Terumi was after Yasuko’s mom at first?

joined May 25, 2020

did she become her 6th lover or she was just doing it with random people to lure her in ?

joined Aug 21, 2017

This was pretty good.

joined May 10, 2021

That was great!

joined Sep 1, 2017

I don’t think she’s open to her mom cause I’m not sure she even knew she was gay before meeting Terumi. This reads like a gay awakening story to me. Actually, i was curious if Terumi was after Yasuko’s mom at first?

You're probably right. But that conversation seems weird for a mom to be having with her supposedly straight twentysomething yr old daughter. It sounded more like a mom trying to playing match maker for her date challenged adult son. Yasuko's mom even worked in a "she's single" plug. Sure it could just have been gossip. However you add in Yasuko's mom asking if she was smitten and it makes me wonder.

Edit: The rest of the story does seem fit a gay awakening story. And Yasuko did seem a bit surprised that she had a wet dream about Terumi. Though I couldn't find anything to definitively disprove she was out to her mom.

last edited at Apr 24, 2022 11:57AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

I could not look away. It seems
We've seen each other in a dream.
Seemed like she knew me
Looked right through me
Come on home girl She said with a smile
I'll cast my spell of love on you Woman from a child
Try to understand
Try to understand
Try try try to understand
She's a magic wo-man.
Oh she's got those magic hands.

last edited at Apr 24, 2022 5:34AM

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Ah, no! Don't fall in love with that ho!

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

I wasn't aware the author also did "Black & White". I hope they continue that series, it was fun.

joined Jul 21, 2020

I see a woman who enjoys a healthy sex life, who has several sexual partners, all consenting adults, all very happy with a "no strings attached" relationship.
You see a ho.
Your slut-shaming is bad and wrong. Please don't do this again.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I see a woman who enjoys a healthy sex life, who has several sexual partners, all consenting adults, all very happy with a "no strings attached" relationship.
You see a ho.

Snop Dogg there might have wrongly resorted to name calling, but they make a valid point. One that had crossed my mind, as well. Terumi apparently likes transient relationships. A young inexperienced woman like Yasuko could easily mistake casual sex for love, which would most likely end in painful heart break for her, when Terumi inevitably moves on.
So to Yasuko I too say be careful not to fall in love with Terumi.

last edited at Apr 24, 2022 6:35PM

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

Excellent one-shot, really leaves you wanting more but honestly I prefer good stories to stay like that. I'll have to check out other things by this artist.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

You see a ho.

Snop Dogg there might have wrongly resorted to name calling, but they make a valid point. One that had crossed my mind, as well. Terumi apparently likes transient relationships. A young inexperienced woman like Yasuko could easily mistake casual sex for love, which would most likely end in painful heart break for her, when Terumi inevitably moves on.

I enjoyed the story but I shared Johnb’s eloquently put concerns. I had to ignore the twinge in my heart at the worry I felt for Yasuko’s mental well being because although this is a) fictional, and b) a one shot, the danger is super real and typical and I had a hard time ignoring it.

It does not mean that one person is bad per se, but that in poor matches things can go wrong and it can break a story for some.

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 2:33AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

johnb posted:

It was clear that Yasuko was being very horny, not that she was in love. And she's already aware of Terumi's multiple partners anyway. Didn't keep her from coming ringing.

In the end, it's a oneshot, so the author left the rest to us.

Yasuko and Terumi's story can go any way you want now. A drama filled with jealousy or a happy open relationship. The way you choose tells more about yourself than about the characters.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Since when is avoiding tags you don't want to read bigotry?

When you avoid tags without bitching about them, it's fine. I won't go as far as say that whining makes you a bigot, but you do come off as an asshat.

I will join in echoing the "not as dark as I initially expected from SJ", along with hoping that, in whichever alternate fictional reality this is happening, it won't end with a messy experience for Yasuko. Nothing original, I know, but there isn't much to say about it that would be.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Terumi says she's "in the mood for something sweet." So she eats a confectioner.
Pro Gamer Move.

Dynasty%20icon
joined Feb 16, 2021

Oh no, this is so fucking good.

joined May 23, 2017

Honestly idk if the first few ones were truly androgynous or male since the ol was baiting mc with the last female that looks more feminine, which gave me the impression that she intentionally bait that other female so that she can bait the mc. Either that or her partners were all coincidentally androgynous females before the last female arrived. So the bisexual tag is debatable and we won't truly know until sal jiang confirm it herself. Tho personally, the partners after the 1st one do look more like a female than a male to me.

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 10:22AM

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

A young inexperienced woman like Yasuko could easily mistake casual sex for love,

Isnt that cliche ? I know a lot of young inexperienced people that clearly identify and/or desire casual sex... While I'm old and experienced and still mistake casual sex for love all the time.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Man, the fanfic factory sure is working overtime--I see a horny young woman (although not that young--a college graduate) getting laid with the person she's been crushing on.

I mean, her fantasies weren't exactly about the two of them moving in together and snuggling on the sofa while drinking cups of cocoa.

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

Hey, I just wanted to ask, but will the "Ayaka is in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Hiroko -Side Story-" every be translated and uploaded here too?

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Hey, I just wanted to ask, but will the "Ayaka is in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Hiroko -Side Story-" every be translated and uploaded here too?

There are 5 chapters of side story IIRC (short ones)

Tbh, I didn't read the original series (it's licensed) so I may lack some context. I saw there are 8 chapters on MD, I should probably read them first.

I'll eventually come to translate the side stories. It's on my TODO list.

No ETA though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.