Forum › That Time Only Akari Got Reincarnated as a Slime discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

How exactly does a tricycle cause an explosion like that? Or is it better not to think about it?

Hollywood special effects obviously.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

That tricycle gag felt like a Family Guy joke and I don't know if that's a good thing or not...

It's a good thing. Picture it; A slice of life gag manga. A charater says, "This sucks worse than when I did that guest shot on an american cartoon". Next panel is Peter Griffin Yelling at the character, "No! cut away gags are our thing!" and scene. Maybe it be better in anime format. I bet they could actually get Seth Macfarlane to do the voice.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

This sounds like a horror concept not gonna lie. I have no mouth and I must moe.

Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

In retrospect, isekai trike does have a better ring to it than isekai truck.

Not to mention the brilliant idea of putting a sluggish rural tractor on the street. This lesser passes over someone than the isekai truck. XD

I think that's a Konosuba reference where Kazuma die of a panic attack after being almost run over by a sluggish tractor.

Ah, so this gag came from "Konosuba". Got it. :O

Did other manga (and series) besides "Konosuba" use this same gag before?

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Ah, the dreaded isekai Trike... truly a dangerous foe

Oh, and that was totally a GaoGaiGar reference on the second page, right? Just strange they gave it a sword and not a hammer

joined Jun 3, 2020

Oh, and that was totally a GaoGaiGar reference on the second page, right? Just strange they gave it a sword and not a hammer

It's for the sake of doing the Brave Pose. GaoGaiGar may have never done it because he lacks a sword, but other robots in the Brave series do pose just like that.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I get the feeling there may be several references mashed together, but I have no idea what any of them are.

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Yeshh finally it got translated
I hope Kyouko will find rum raisin in this isekai

joined Jul 22, 2014

That VR is crap if it blows up like that!

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I hope Mari-chan is ok

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

It's for the sake of doing the Brave Pose. GaoGaiGar may have never done it because he lacks a sword, but other robots in the Brave series do pose just like that.

Riiiiiiiight, that's where I remember the pose. I've seen Mightgaine do it

Still, I'd say the body is definitely GaoGaiGar. Hell, Kyouko even has Guy's outfit

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Truck-kun's younger brother, Trike-kun

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I get the feeling there may be several references mashed together, but I have no idea what any of them are.

OK, I did some research and discovered that all of those seemingly disparate elements are present in the actual GaoGaiGar. It really does look that stupid. Though all of the individual parts look just different enough from the original to (hopefully) avoid any claim of copyright infringement...

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

It really does look that stupid.

Square up, we have to fight now. XD

joined May 24, 2014

Himawari and sakurako also got isekai'd?

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

I'm guessing it's not just them, but Ayano and Chitose as well.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

"A Town Called Nanamori" sounds like a yuruyuri western, or something.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

It's neat there will be some OCs too, maybe new relationships will happen.

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

We all know who's at fault there.
Sakurako does something stupid, Himawari tries to stop it but trips, they ded

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

When was the Akari bullying funny? I mean, what time in prehistory?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's neat there will be some OCs too, maybe new relationships will happen.

Do relationships happen in YuruYuri? I was under the impression they just got noncommittally teased indefinitely.

TheAwooMaster
A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

I like how the town is a reference to Namori, original creator of Yuru Yuri

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

But in all seriousness that time I got reincarnated as a slime is really good

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

When was the Akari bullying funny? I mean, what time in prehistory?

It just turned into some sort of running gag at some point. She's supposed to be the MC but her "presence" was purposely made "invisible" so they constantly tease her about it.
I'm guessing it's a satirical take on how a lot of MCs are the copy-paste sort??

I don't really get it but Akari's reactions to the teasing is pretty funny sometimes. I do feel sorry for her but it's precisely because I feel sorry for how she's treated that I end up laughing.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Whatever happened to this?

To reply you must either login or sign up.