Forum › Sweet Days with a Boy discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That last panel has to be intentional... The M is upside down indeed. :D

joined Mar 15, 2015

"WcDonalds" is a fairly common way for anime and manga to include McDonalds without violating trademarks.

I'm curious to see what the results of Ai's competition at work are. I wonder if they're being saved for the next chapter because the outcome could be more significant than Nagisa's slight improvement in his grades.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"WcDonalds" is a fairly common way for anime and manga to include McDonalds without violating trademarks.

I know, even if it's rare to see it in manga, usually it seems to be mostly limited to anime, while manga hasn't had much trouble including actual trademarks. But you can't possibly tell me the line seemingly pointing that out is a coincidence. :P

last edited at Feb 7, 2022 4:18AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Home of the Big Wac

joined Mar 29, 2021

I cannot even begin express how much I love Daphie's work, the quality is superb, I love every manga she works on.
I read every single chapter and I loved every single second of it, the characters have so much personality, I find it really enjoyable seeing them interacting with eachother.
Can't wait for the next chapter :)

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I cannot even begin express how much I love Daphie's work, the quality is superb, I love every manga she works on.
I read every single chapter and I loved every single second of it, the characters have so much personality, I find it really enjoyable seeing them interacting with eachother.
Can't wait for the next chapter :)

This comment warms my heart, I'm so happy you appreciate my work, and thank you for this! Ai and Nagisa really are the sweetest, and I'm rooting for them to get closer and closer and closer.......... :)

I do have to lift my foot off the accelerator on the number of series though, I am getting swamped, lol

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Beautiful.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Unprotected intertwined hand-holding, in the dark? Get a room, you two!

Wait, I'll come in again . . .

(And is that an old-school turkey leg Nagisa is eating, or is there some Japanese snack item that looks like that?)

Img_20210826_205427
joined Jan 24, 2021

(And is that an old-school turkey leg Nagisa is eating, or is there some Japanese snack item that looks like that?)

It should be KFC, https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20161216-why-japan-celebrates-christmas-with-kfc, basically tons of Japanese eat KFC on Christmas you even have to pre-order some weeks prior sometimes.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It should be KFC, https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20161216-why-japan-celebrates-christmas-with-kfc, basically tons of Japanese eat KFC on Christmas you even have to pre-order some weeks prior sometimes.

I'd even heard of the KFC thing. That's a mighty drumstick there, though--they don't do KFC portions like that around here.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_days_with_a_boy_ch17#8

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

@princess_daphie It’s just beautiful. I’ve said it before, but you have fabulous taste in mangas.

joined Nov 24, 2020

Probably not great that I'm just ducking in to post this then getting out, and I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I'm kinda hoping that this doesn't end up as a romance and turns more into a found-family manga. Granted, I haven't read in a while, but I felt the first eight chapters or so set a pretty decent groundwork, where Nagisa and Ai bond as family in a way that was better and healthier than their existing relationships.

Again, I won't demand the story change pace, but I'm still hoping that this story ends up platonic family instead of age gap nephew romance.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

@princess_daphie It’s just beautiful. I’ve said it before, but you have fabulous taste in mangas.

Thanks!!! I always try to do these justice, and I'm always taking too many new ones too, loll

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Nagisa really knows when to step up and be bold! Even though he’s shy, he’s got the fire indeed

joined Sep 6, 2018

Got a love triangle going on: the young, attractive student fawning over her crush OR the financially secure, familiar OL offering an assured future to follow his dreams as an artist. The drama is getting better in this manga.

With the father controlling the purse strings, I think it’s a no-brainer over which lady he’s going to hang out with.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Not a fan of characters as forceful as the new face.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Probably not great that I'm just ducking in to post this then getting out, and I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I'm kinda hoping that this doesn't end up as a romance and turns more into a found-family manga. Granted, I haven't read in a while, but I felt the first eight chapters or so set a pretty decent groundwork, where Nagisa and Ai bond as family in a way that was better and healthier than their existing relationships.

Again, I won't demand the story change pace, but I'm still hoping that this story ends up platonic family instead of age gap nephew romance.

It’d be funny if the ending allowed all three in love triangle to live in same household… the platonic family tolerates a live-in girlfriend. I’d bet sparks’ll fly!

But if it’s a “death match” between OL and schoolgirl—I’d think the male would go with OL… so a nephew romance… unfortunately… as it’s been done a lot before. The OL deserves the relationship since she’s put in a lot of effort more than the school girl.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that could have gone better... On one hand, Ai missed her chance, and on the other hand, Nagisa got a bit overwhelmed there and got a date before he could properly express what he wanted to say - which did seem like he did want to turn her down.

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

Nagisa is looking dapper in the latest cover page.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, that could have gone better... On one hand, Ai missed her chance, and on the other hand, Nagisa got a bit overwhelmed there and got a date before he could properly express what he wanted to say - which did seem like he did want to turn her down.

The thing is, a romance like this needs a bit of impetus to move it forward. Much like older-school yuri, the assumption that romance isn't on the table leads the characters to ignore their budding romantic feelings. The appearance of a rival sparking dissatisfaction and the question "Why am I dissatisfied?" is a very common way to push things along, because it has so many handy ingredients.

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

Well! I don’t like the new girl. Not because she’s a screwball. God knows I’m a screwball. Just because she is obstructing my primary ship. Have I mentioned I don’t actually like aaaangst. I don’t.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Oi veh, again with the Karens.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The thing is, a romance like this needs a bit of impetus to move it forward. Much like older-school yuri, the assumption that romance isn't on the table leads the characters to ignore their budding romantic feelings. The appearance of a rival sparking dissatisfaction and the question "Why am I dissatisfied?" is a very common way to push things along, because it has so many handy ingredients.

Oh, you're not wrong. One day they might even agree this helped them move forward faster than it otherwise would have gone. But right now with their plans derailed like that, it's certainly not what they would have wanted at this time.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What I especially like about this one is that the particular circumstances make it so that each of the MCs are legitimately confused about their own feelings and are really in no position to open up about those feelings to the other person.

It's a real contrast with the many series where the MCs are randomly oblivious to the fact that they're head-over-heels in love and have to keep making excuses for why they don't just, you know, talk to each other except for Open Communication Would Ruin The Plot Syndrome.

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 8:50AM

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

I often read the comments before reading a manga, and I'm so glad I chose to read it despite all the negativity it got. The athmosphere is so nice, and kind of has the same vibe as ''Living with my brother's wife'', except it does not contain as much drama (yet).

But I'm wondering....This is a theme that is often used, parents moving to another country and leaving their child with some relatives (relatives they do not even stay in contact with??), is this normal in Japan? I live in Norway, and must say that it is a pretty far fetched thing to do, like no one here would do that. And is it also common for japanese people to lose contact with their siblings? Or is it just typical in these manga that there is some bad blood in the family, and that's the reason for not staying in touch?

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 4:29PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.