Forum › Posts by Recio

Recio
Their Story discussion 11 Feb 17:10
joined Nov 24, 2020

hi! this message is for anyone who thought about Their Story, came back here, and was saddened by the lack of updates
good news! there's updates! As of two days ago, Tanjiu's (1) alive, (2) active, and (3) doing pages and art for their stories, including Their Story (lol)!
it's just that the parties that were originally translating their updates just... stopped one day (not here to speculate on why or how; don't know anything)
so - its still active, still being uploaded! just no translation updates :(
...granted CCP censorship bureaus took personal offense and forbade Tanjiu from really continuing the plot further
but - we get a bunch of short one-shots, an ending to the stuck-in-fence arc that honestly rounds out as something of a decent place to end Their Story, and more fuel to the fire of Winnie The Pooh's (CN) bonfire.

last edited at Feb 11, 2024 11:11PM

Recio
joined Nov 24, 2020

Gang of Reading Before The Tags Get Added, unite!

joined Nov 24, 2020

Probably not great that I'm just ducking in to post this then getting out, and I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I'm kinda hoping that this doesn't end up as a romance and turns more into a found-family manga. Granted, I haven't read in a while, but I felt the first eight chapters or so set a pretty decent groundwork, where Nagisa and Ai bond as family in a way that was better and healthier than their existing relationships.

Again, I won't demand the story change pace, but I'm still hoping that this story ends up platonic family instead of age gap nephew romance.

joined Nov 24, 2020

C. U. T. E.

joined Nov 24, 2020

So far, every time I've seen a new chapter get posted I've thought, "aw nice! They're trying to find a life away from mainstream society where they won't have as many worries! This is gonna be a romantic drama with a smooth pacing and an overall happy go-getter mood!"
Meanwhile, at the same time, that "aaaaaangst" tag sitting up top every time I tune in is making me go, "mmmmmm DontLikeThatNoSireeDoNotLikeThat"

Recio
joined Nov 24, 2020

There’s something to be said on how the illustrator didn’t want to draw a handbag, so they just slapped “Setsuna’s Things” onto the box.
Not lazinesss! Just a sense that you can feel them saying “I’m so fucking tired of re-drawing this bag of hers; she gets a box”

Recio
Vocabulary discussion 22 Jan 11:54
joined Nov 24, 2020

get yourself a girl who'll fight a JEEP to show her love

joined Nov 24, 2020

Tag Suggestion
- Character Death / Death
A few doujins that I’ve read have only had genres and characters situations in them, such as “Drama, school girl, yuri”
Some of them, however, have a character die within the contents, whether on/off page. I think I’d appreciate a character death tag; or something that can exist as a warning tag for deaths, similar to the tags for “foiled rape attempt” and “cheating”

Recio
joined Nov 24, 2020

:)

Recio
joined Nov 24, 2020

Thought of writing fanfiction. Trying to find specific series.
- human girl trapped in a Halloween town
- becomes the labor partner of a Frankenstein’s monster
- every monster is there for sinning/committing a crime
- tanabata-esque romance ending

Aid pls