Forum › Okiku-san wa Ichatsukitai discussion

JustReadingSomeYuri.
joined Nov 25, 2021

Saved it to read later, gotta find the nipples on page 16.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Supernatural gays? I'm here for that, it's shocking how rare that tag actually is.

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

I saw the raws for the first few chapters of this a while back, so happy to see it being translated!

smoothsmoothie
Lcwgnwr
joined Jan 4, 2022

Very cute looking forward to this series

joined Dec 30, 2018

Nipple

On the page 16

joined May 10, 2021

Well that was quite wholesome, loved it!
Also nice tits.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Cute but is normal for Okiku to have this princess design?

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

this kinda reminds me of that hardworking woman who bought a maid robot when she was drunk

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like Okiku's super-ancient clothes and hair. If this became an anime, they'd be buddies out exorcising together.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The classic "Nobody can hurt them except me!", I'm sure nobody will over-analyze that cliche in what seems to be a fairly lighthearted comedy manga.

Anyways, even though I think I can guess where this is going to go, I think it'll be an alright story.

joined May 9, 2021

I like it so far.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

What's with all the ghosts and spirits in yuri as of late? Regardless, this looks nice. And not a lot of room to mess a premise like this.

The classic "Nobody can hurt them except me!", I'm sure nobody will over-analyze that cliche in what seems to be a fairly lighthearted comedy manga.

Anyways, even though I think I can guess where this is going to go, I think it'll be an alright story.

to be fair she does just say that Ryou is hers and she won't let anyone lay a finger on her. Not really any mention of hurting her. Unless I missed something.

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

And into my list it goes.

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

Okiku is based on a Japanese ghost story, found this on Wiki and thought it'll be interesting so:
"Banchō Sarayashiki (番町皿屋敷, The Dish Mansion at Banchō) is a Japanese ghost story (kaidan) of broken trust and broken promises, leading to a dismal fate. "

Here is how the story goes: "Once there was a beautiful servant named Okiku. She worked for the samurai Aoyama Tessan. Okiku often refused him when he said he was in love with her and wanted to marry her, so he tricked her into believing that she had carelessly lost one of the family's ten precious Delft plates. Such a crime would normally result in her death. In a frenzy, she counted and recounted the nine plates many times. However, she could not find the tenth and went to Aoyama in guilty tears. The samurai offered to overlook the matter if she finally became his lover, but again she refused. Enraged, Aoyama threw her down a well to her death."

For those of you who are confused on why she counts to 9*. Though the rest of the story might be a spoiler to this manga, so I won't say anymore. Don't read the Wiki on Okiku to avoid accidental spoilers.

last edited at Mar 24, 2022 4:52PM

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Okiku is based on a Japanese ghost story, found this on Wiki and thought it'll be interesting so:
"Banchō Sarayashiki (番町皿屋敷, The Dish Mansion at Banchō) is a Japanese ghost story (kaidan) of broken trust and broken promises, leading to a dismal fate. "

Here is how the story goes: "Once there was a beautiful servant named Okiku. She worked for the samurai Aoyama Tessan. Okiku often refused him when he said he was in love with her and wanted to marry her, so he tricked her into believing that she had carelessly lost one of the family's ten precious Delft plates. Such a crime would normally result in her death. In a frenzy, she counted and recounted the nine plates many times. However, she could not find the tenth and went to Aoyama in guilty tears. The samurai offered to overlook the matter if she finally became his lover, but again she refused. Enraged, Aoyama threw her down a well to her death."

For those of you who are confused on why she counts to 9*. Though the rest of the story might be a spoiler to this manga, so I won't say anymore. Don't read the Wiki on Okiku to avoid accidental spoilers.

From what I remember of that story...
Spoiler?

Aoyama (or someone later) was so distressed by the ghost of the woman counting to 9 then ululating every night that he got someone to exorcise the spirit. Legend has it that after waiting and watching the ghost count to 9 he yelled out "10!"

last edited at Mar 24, 2022 7:22PM

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

It's not like this manga was a straight adaptation (pun not intended) of the folk story, so I don't think there is anything to spoil from the original version. The mangaka has already yurified the ghost, so might as well make it up as they go.

The woman Okiku had a crush on in her flashback looks somewhat similar to our exorcist protagonist (ancestor or previous life?), so Okiku probably didn't just cling to the first beautiful woman she saw.

joined Mar 13, 2020

That is some well-drawn ecchi, love it when boobs actually look good and aren't just there.

Also, seems cute and interesting!

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

The strongest exorcist vs the weakest lesbian ghost

joined Jan 3, 2020

Cute and wholesome with a touch of lewdness. Love it.

Totally agree.

As an aside, I bought Scarlet Vol 2 in English and found out first hand why nobody ever finished translating that one. Nobody deserves to have to read that ending. Yikes.

It's one of those "then everyone died. The end." kind of deals that was obviously written on the spot (because there's loads of unhandled plot threads).

last edited at Mar 25, 2022 2:56PM

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

oooo Chapter 2 already!

Is it possible for a ghost and an exorcist to get married? Because they've already kissed, and have moved on to body possession which has to be worth at least one hand holding...so they're well on their way there.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yo even the beer is yuri

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

am hyped for this one^^ very cute

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Looks nice and should be a nice setup, but just feels kinda meh to me. Like the food thing, how there's no subtlety, just a chapter of "bash the reader over the head with it". Also, dunno about their relationship; you'd think it's about the ghost winning over the exorcist but, again, doesn't look to be anything to it ...

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Scarlet Beer

I see what they did there

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/scarlet

joined May 8, 2018

This manga is pretty entertaining. Funny too. I love the ecchi comedy of yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.