Forum › Brides of Iberis discussion

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Is it just me or did the end almost sounded like a proposal? Lets hope MC will truly make her a happy bride.

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Is it just me or did the end almost sounded like a proposal? Lets hope MC will truly make her a happy bride.

Yeah when MC said she'll make her happy bride I immediated think that way

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 7:00PM

joined Jun 5, 2015

Interesting story about sexual fluidity in heteronormative society.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Good to know you didn't understand Octave at all.

Most people who liked Octave didn't understand it either, since the only translation available was pretty bad.

[snip]

I’m not sure what the relative quality of the translation has to do with the apportionment of blame and punishment required to be meted out to fictional characters whose behavior one disapproves of. Even we stupid readers who accepted the available translation and liked the story could see that Yukino cheated and yet somehow was not forced to endure the emotional equivalent of wearing sackcloth and ashes.

You're missing the point. The story was shit not because Yukino was an asshole and got scot free. That's not what I meant. The problem with the writing is the Akiyama did mean for Yukino to get character growth but he didn't provide the heavy-lifting for that to feel earned. That's why having a character face the consequences of their actions is important. It's not a matter of morality. It's a matter of narrative internal logic. If a character doesn't face the consequence of their actions, the narrative can't justify their personal growth properly. And that's what happened with Yukino. Her character growth at the end feel forced rather than a logical consequence of her character journey.

[snip]

As for this manga, it seems way better than Octave already. Mostly because the characters are openly shitty people. THIS type of a story is all about how deep the rabbit hole can get. I like that.

I’d welcome a repost of this response in the Octave forum—we’re far enough off-topic for here already. (I’m still interested in the question of how the assertion “Most people who liked Octave didn't understand it either, since the only translation available was pretty bad” supposedly works.)

Arguing about Octave on another story's comment section, feels weirdly nostalgic to me. Lol.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Polygamy! (long heavy sigh) Why did it have to be polygamy!?

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 9:13PM

ザワールド
92165446-8f95-4f03-88c5-7d78fb208740
joined Dec 25, 2021

Not sure how I feel about this anymore lol

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Seeing chapter 2 maybe the yuri tag should be removed completely from this work for now till it actually happens?
We have a woman who is in poly relationship with two guys and a woman who is with a guy for now.
Why tag it yuri?
Can we even call it slow burn yuri if we don't really know if author will ever go that way or if he for example will make the MC cheat with her male coworker instead next?g
Only cause there are two adult women as MCs and they are with guys it doesn't make it yuri.
Maybe people should wait with tagging it yuri when something actually yuri related will happen first in it in actual chapter.

You missed the part where MC fell for her female client at first sight, what's with the talk about love 'comes crashing down' as if by God's will . She even fantasized about her later. Whatever happens next, it's clear that her attraction toward the other woman will drive the plot for this series. That's yuri enough.

Btw, kudos to newbie-kun for trying to step in out of concern for MC. He was probably just confused (as anyone in that situation should be), but correctly sensed that the client was messing with his colleague.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 9:03PM

joined May 3, 2014

This story has everything that I hate in a yuri manga, BUT it makes for an awsome comment section! so I will “bookmark”, the page so I can come back and read the comments :3

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

If the yuri is ever properly established, I'd like to see the "het" tag replaced with the "bisexual" tag tbh. So far, the way they've shown mc with her fiancé, they both seem pretty comfortable in their intimacy. I'd like that to stay the case, since we don't see much bi polyamorous rep, well, anywhere really.

I know I've personally felt more trapped to appear monogamous - though I wouldn't say I was polyamorous either - because the people in my life bought into the idea that bisexuals are all cheaters and greedy and such. If I do find that I have the capacity to be in polyamorous relationships, then I know that it'd just feed into those negative stereotypes, which is sad and frustrating. So more fictional rep would be pretty nice.

We'll see how it goes.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"I may not look much like it, but I'm a man."
Oof. Ouch.
Poor Awa-kun, looks like he's carrying scars from his past relationships.

joined Sep 6, 2018

A superb mix of tags for this manga… looking forward to next chapter!

Wedding planner is gonna have a tough job, but she’s gonna get paid overtime for this one. Kinda neat to have an outsider’s view on a polyamory in the manga… hopefully no jealousy, but knowing the author’s last work—fireworks will need some choreography.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Everyone is so happy thinking that this is about polyamory and sexual fluidity... but me, all I have to say is: I'll believe Tsuzuki's story WHEN AND IF HIROKI AND FUKUNAGA CONFIRM IT, not before.

youdontknowwho
joined May 21, 2021

Everyone is so happy thinking that this is about polyamory and sexual fluidity... but me, all I have to say is: I'll believe Tsuzuki's story WHEN AND IF HIROKI AND FUKUNAGA CONFIRM IT, not before.

Seriously. Don't know why people are so ready to accept this shifty woman's words at face value.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Been thinking about what's currently been shown. It seems likely that Nanami and Fukunaga were in a relationship longer or at least knew each other longer. That's what the "university junior" seems to imply, unless in Japan you call each other that even when neither were in college at the time of meeting and they just happened to go to the same university. That's highly possible actually.

Fukunaga and Hiroki are almost guaranteed to not have relations with each other because they stay out of each other's way.

I wonder if that throwaway line about not making concessions until everyone is satisfied in ch1 is going to be relevant. It feels like it might be.

Not really enough info to make extended theories yet. Have just barely started getting to know the characters. I'm very excited for more though. I feel the drama in the air and the way Akiyama Haru is bending expectations to play with the portrayals of who each character is.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

riverFlower posted:

Been thinking about what's currently been shown. It seems likely that Nanami and Fukunaga were in a relationship longer or at least knew each other longer. That's what the "university junior" seems to imply, unless in Japan you call each other that even when neither were in college at the time of meeting and they just happened to go to the same university. That's highly possible actually.

Most probably it's "university kouhai" in the original. Meaning they just happen to hail from the same university, but seeing their age gap, I doubt they were in it at the same time.

18992b47e3036da3324d1a85848e4b9e
joined Jul 16, 2019

I'm surprised about polyamory tags, is it FFF or FFM? I read the first chapter and a little scared to continue.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lambda2B posted:

I'm surprised about polyamory tags, is it FFF or FFM? I read the first chapter and a little scared to continue.

As of now, it's MMF, but it may change, who knows.

Love has unpredictable effects.

Anyway, from my take, Kashiwai is just your average woman, on the "normal" track of dating a nice guy => marriage => kids.

Just the usual for a lot of women and she doesn't see any reason why she shouldn't follow on that. She doesn't hate the guy, nor does she love him madly, but she believes that with time, she will come to love him. So why not? But she still thinks something's missing, because that marriage isn't something she particularly looks forward to.

Then her eyes meets the ones of Nanami and bam, love strikes. No explanation, no reason, just instant attraction. Literally love at first sight.

So now, she's struggling with these newfound feelings she didn't have with her man. And at the start of chapter 2, she's wondering who she's with. The premises of "I want to make her mine"?

On the other hand, Nanami is in a poly relationship and seems to be a free spirit.

In the end, I think the overarching theme will be jealousy and not a gay/bi/poly one.

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 6:45AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Jae posted:

If the yuri is ever properly established, I'd like to see the "het" tag replaced with the "bisexual" tag tbh.

We treat these tags additively, so the Het tag would remain but the Bisexual tag would be added. If that's the case, that is. It's possible nobody here is actually bi at all, very hard to say where this story is going. We'll see!

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Seriously. Don't know why people are so ready to accept this shifty woman's words at face value.

THIS.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

What a nifty little twist, even if it's a lie. I feel like it isn't, if only because she's being this open about it. There's no gain for her if it is a lie, since it'd be something they could bring up with Hiroki as if it were some kind of casual talk.

I might be more skeptical if it were just an aside between Tsuzuki and Kashiwai, but Awa-kun is also there. So I'm letting my guard down a little about it.

I'll be satisfied no matter the result, I'm sure.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

La duchesse de Pecquigny posted:

THIS.

She literally has no reason to lie.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I'd rather have polyamory, that cheating. If eveyone agrees, let the good times roll!

Besides, there is plenty of DRAMA potential in poly.

youdontknowwho
joined May 21, 2021

One doesn't need a practical reason to lie. Some do it out of habit. Some enjoy deceiving people. Some lie unconsciously to justify their behaviors to themselves. She can even tell the truth from her perspective, but other people involved don't necessarily see it the same way.

joined Jul 26, 2016

One doesn't need a practical reason to lie. Some do it out of habit. Some enjoy deceiving people. Some lie unconsciously to justify their behaviors to themselves. She can even tell the truth from her perspective, but other people involved don't necessarily see it the same way.

So I guess the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply to quote shitty women unquote?

Sasuga Dynasty forumers.

youdontknowwho
joined May 21, 2021

So I guess the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply to quote shitty women unquote?

Sasuga Dynasty forumers.

Presumption of innocence is a legal principle, so no, it doesn't apply to social interaction. Otherwise we have to believe everything we read on the internet, or accept whatever a stranger say at face value. Btw, you misread my previous comment, since I didn't call the character shitty.

To reply you must either login or sign up.