Forum › Long-Awaited Feelings discussion

Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

Well, bisexuals do exist. As well as arranged marriages and marriages of convenience. Family pressure to marry could also play a role, along with a comphet society. Won’t know the reason until later I’m sure. We also don’t know why they broke up yet.

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that they don't exist. I was just wondering why it was never another woman that the second party moved on to, it is always a man. I may have come off sounding a little bit more pissed than intended because this reminded me of a really bad manga I stumbled across a while back.

I don't remember the specifics, but a woman and her coworker are in a relationship, a male coworker falls for the main character, gets her drunk and then manages to sleep with her even as she confesses that she only loves women. Then she ends up pregnant and he basically forces her to marry him, and he makes a public spectacle of it.

So, this kind of reminded me of that, added on top that personally I feel there shouldn't even be implied romances between male characters and female love interests in a Yuri. I like Fluffy and cute stories, and that somewhat goes against that for me.

Also, I didn't remember marriages of convenience were even a thing.

last edited at Feb 23, 2022 5:18PM

I feel.. I’m wondering if I’m thinking too hard on this. But, Okay she died of alcohol poisoning, then was reincarnated..three years into the past, which places her two years After she broke up with Jing Xiu, which means her other self hasn’t died yet and her ex gf hasn’t gotten married, but her other self is still alive? I did say that correctly right? Because my brain is in a spiral right now.

Not reincarnated, just sent back in time. Think of it like she reloaded an old save file.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/long_awaited_feelings_ch01#7
Here she says she was reincarnated, I’m like why am I the only one not getting this lol

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Well, bisexuals do exist. As well as arranged marriages and marriages of convenience. Family pressure to marry could also play a role, along with a comphet society. Won’t know the reason until later I’m sure. We also don’t know why they broke up yet.

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that they don't exist. I was just wondering why it was never another woman that the second party moved on to, it is always a man. I may have come off sounding a little bit more pissed than intended because this reminded me of a really bad manga I stumbled across a while back.

I don't remember the specifics, but a woman and her coworker are in a relationship, a male coworker falls for the main character, gets her drunk and then manages to sleep with her even as she confesses that she only loves women. Then she ends up pregnant and he basically forces her to marry him, and he makes a public spectacle of it.

So, this kind of reminded me of that, added on top that personally I feel there shouldn't even be implied romances between male characters and female love interests in a Yuri. I like Fluffy and cute stories, and that somewhat goes against that for me.

Also, I didn't remember marriages of convenience were even a thing.

To answer the first question, about why it’s never another woman, I think it’s to add more drama and give the author more plot lines in the future (since there’s multiple reasons why the hetero marriage may be taking place).

For that story, I think I know which one you are referring to (I’m Getting Married by Ryuta) and I think the general consensus on it was that it was bad and not enjoyable for anyone. But there are bisexual stories that are good, as long as the “bisexual” nature of the character isn’t being made to make them out as a horrible person as it often times is.

I can understand where you are coming from but I think it’s good to show all kinds of relationships in Yuri. Just because our main couple are women doesn’t mean everyone needs to be gay for it to be an endearing story. Girl Friends had a male love interest and it remains one of the top recommended Yuri manga. It just needs to be treated well.

Not reincarnated, just sent back in time. Think of it like she reloaded an old save file.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/long_awaited_feelings_ch01#7
Here she says she was reincarnated, I’m like why am I the only one not getting this lol

Yeah, it’s a weird word choice since she didn’t get reincarnated like we usually think, with her soul in a new body. That’s why I was saying think of it like she just loaded an old save file. I don’t think there’s a word specifically for that, so the author and translation uses reincarnated. Unless I’m completely wrong and we’ll find out that there’s another version of her running around but I don’t think it’s that kind of novel.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

I don’t think there’s a word specifically for that, so the author and translation uses reincarnated.

Usually people just call it time slip, or time travel. This is the first time I see the word reincarnation used in this 'redo' scenario.

I don't get this, why is it whenever a story like this occurs, when two women break up one always ends up with a man? The women I've dated didn't suddenly become straight when we broke up.
Am I just missing something, or overthinking this? Why is that a thing in these stories?

It's mostly for drama's sake. MC's love interest marrying someone else is obviously much higher a stake than they just having a new relationship. Gay marriage is not possible yet in the part of the world where these stories come from, so authors have only one choice if they just want to go for maximum drama. MC drinking herself to death on the day her ex got married certainly makes more sense than, say, on the day her ex is discovered dating someone else. It's not exclusive to GL or manga/manhua either. The dudes in Brokeback Mountain ended up marrying women, for example.

last edited at Feb 23, 2022 7:37PM

joined Jun 21, 2018

I loved the web novel of "My Feelings Can Wait" so much I'm so excited for the manhua!!!

joined Sep 7, 2021

Man I am loving these Manhua/hwa's. Something about them just hits for me.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I'll admit, this is looking to be interesting. Seems her actions might already be causing some ripples in time... now we just need to wait and see if these ripples will help her or hinder her

Imgonline-com-ua-compressed-x85kp90svyulj
joined Jul 21, 2017

So, they both time travellers?

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

Wow this is an art style super pretty. Also, the assistant is SUPER CUTE. Best girl for now lol.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Ji Youyan's figure in tight pants is my new sexuality.

Jing Xiu must be crazier than a box of frogs to break up with this woman.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Based on no evidence whatsoever: Maybe she is not the only one that is aware she is reliving the life she had three years ago.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Ji Youyan's figure in tight pants is my new sexuality.

Jing Xiu must be crazier than a box of frogs to break up with this woman.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I wish I had even 2% of the fashion sense that women in SoL manga/manhwa/manhua have. I agree the puffy sweater with the tight pants is S+

joined Aug 10, 2021

This looks amazing, hopefully not a letdown!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

That imperious gaze from the doorway was amazing.

joined Jan 27, 2022

this is sooo interestingg^.^

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

It is interesting but my chest hurt just reading this...

joined Dec 17, 2021

I was interested before, but now that I've seen Jing Xiu's coldness towards Ji Youyan, I'm 100% in. There's not much I love more than a good "exes getting back together, but make it a challenge".

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I do like that it's Ji Youyan who broke up with Jing Xiu and not the other way around because that means she needs to win her trust back rather than her heart, and it also makes it a lot easier to see why Jing Xiu would even want to go back to this relationship.

Jing Xiu's not the one who ended it the first time and presumably given a good enough reason to trust Ji Youyan she'll want to return to it, but of course her trust needs to be won back first because nobody wants a broken heart and there's no way Jing Xiu is going to want a broken heart twice.

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 6:03PM

joined Dec 31, 2020

I cant believe I actually felt really sad after this chapter, that's a new one for me. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for Jing Xiu's walls to break down

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This is seriously stellar art, I can't stress how much I'm into this art, especially this cover illustration. I mean just look at how they draw the sheer black sleeve it's incredible.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahh this is going to be soooo good. I’m ready for this!

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I'm kinda curious to see how and why the pair broke up in the first place. Jing Xiu was putting up the wall, but given the clenched fist and the defensive attitude I'm thinking she's still harboring feelings, but pushing them down. On the other hand, with how much Ji Youyan seems to care about her now, It makes me wonder what could have possibly happened for her to want to break up with a girl she seems to be totally in love with

Or maybe that's been addressed already and I'm just blind. That's also a possibility

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I feel.. I’m wondering if I’m thinking too hard on this. But, Okay she died of alcohol poisoning, then was reincarnated..three years into the past, which places her two years After she broke up with Jing Xiu, which means her other self hasn’t died yet and her ex gf hasn’t gotten married, but her other self is still alive? I did say that correctly right? Because my brain is in a spiral right now.

Honestly, the framing device seems kind of pointless for this story? It seems like this could have just been a story about a woman who regrets breaking up trying to get back together with her ex. The supernatural element doesn't really add much.

Family pressure and comphet are also a much bigger factor in China. People in modern western countries are a bit spoiled when it comes to issues of tolerance.

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

Honestly, the framing device seems kind of pointless for this story? It seems like this could have just been a story about a woman who regrets breaking up trying to get back together with her ex. The supernatural element doesn't really add much.

The time travel plot could be kinda redundant if it was only about the MC trying to rekindle their relationship, yes, but there is also the subplot of trying to avoid her coworker suicide, wich hse only knows is a thing cause of the time travel.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I do like that it's Ji Youyan who broke up with Jing Xiu and not the other way around because that means she needs to win her trust back rather than her heart, and it also makes it a lot easier to see why Jing Xiu would even want to go back to this relationship.

Jing Xiu's not the one who ended it the first time and presumably given a good enough reason to trust Ji Youyan she'll want to return to it, but of course her trust needs to be won back first because nobody wants a broken heart and there's no way Jing Xiu is going to want a broken heart twice.

I think that dynamic actually makes the story way more interesting, it seems like Ji Youyan did majorly mess up her life before traveling back in time, we can see in the very first chapter how she wakes up in tears, so she seems to be aware of having done bad and the reckless behaviour leading to her death was probably motivated by this.

Having her reincarnated at a point in time where she can't undo her past mistakes (i.e. not breaking up), but where she still is in a position to try and fix them and avoid both of them crashing and burning is perfect for dramatic tension. I also think that the dynamic of having to regain the Jing Xiu's trust and seriously addressing her mistakes of the past is refreshing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.