Forum › Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Holy crap! I think the plot actually took a step forward! I think I might have an "I told you so" coming, from the people on the message boards.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Dork

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

You'd think those girls would have learned not to trigger Hiyama's yandere tendencies by now.

Not just that, Kimura still being afraid of Hiyama during the confrontations every chapter is a bit strange too, she should know by now that no true harm will come from Hiyama, only overbearing passion lol.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Wait did they just try chapter 1 again?

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

Holy crap! I think the plot actually took a step forward! I think I might have an "I told you so" coming, from the people on the message boards.

This aged like milk

joined Feb 22, 2018

Read the last page. They're releasing the volume version, which contains both the webcomic and magazine versions. Chapter 11 is Chapter 1 from the magazine version. The difference is that the webcomic concentrates on humor, and the magazine version actually has plot development.

joined Oct 22, 2021

I like the story, but holy shit is the serialisation chapter order fucked. It just makes no sense, and yes, I know the table and that everyone is complaining about it. But what else can you say? If I was on a boat with a huge hole at the center, no one would be talking about how the chandelier is nice, everyone would be screaming about the fuc**ng hole! And this stuff is going to sink this series.

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 12:10PM

Yonagi%20doesn't%20care
joined Sep 26, 2016

Déjà vu!

joined Jul 8, 2016

So the guy's definitely gay, right?

joined Mar 25, 2019

Déjà vu!

I've just been in this place before.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I give up

joined May 23, 2017

Read the last page. They're releasing the volume version, which contains both the webcomic and magazine versions. Chapter 11 is Chapter 1 from the magazine version. The difference is that the webcomic concentrates on humor, and the magazine version actually has plot development.

Does this mean the first 10 chapters here are from the webcomic?

Edit: yes. Yes it is now the table makes a lot more sense. Still would rather read it separately, or if the title is reflected like the table

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 4:35PM

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

I'm not sure why they decided to make chapter 1 of the magazine into chapter 11. IMO it does a much better job of introducing the characters and flows pretty naturally into the actual first chapter of the volume.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

So the guy's definitely gay, right?

My hypothesis, by the way he greets Hiyama and how Hiyama says Kimura isn't on his radar, is that Mizushima is into Hiyama to make a true love triangle (H > K > M > H) and Hiyama knows, maybe due to a confession before the story started.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Damnit. After 10 chapters we finally get significant plot development, then we hit a damn time warp, and we're warped right back to the beginning. What the hell, man!

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Hmm... I just keep reading this because I'm curious, but I'm not the biggest fan of this series even before all the different versions that keep resetting the story. It was maybe alright as a gag comedy manga, but since the shoujo manga protagonist shows 0 interest or even consideration of the rival as love interest even after a bunch of chapters, it feels more like forceful coercion with every subsequent chapter. Like most chapters start off with her trying to get the guy's attention, rival getting in between and proclaiming her love, her going along with rival, but next chapter she is oblivious as if rival never proclaimed her love. Rinse and repeat.

A good gag comedy that didn't get repetitive was Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko. It even had Yuri undertones. Another one that started out as a sort of gag comedy that actually became a good story was Hino-san no Baka. This one just falls flat to me.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

goes huh

reads explaination Ah.

Primeval Revenant
joined Jun 16, 2019

I've gone through all the previously translated material already, and we've gotten so very close to an actual end point or true romance (and yes, this is not just yuri gag, it does get there for all those who might be fearing otherwise), but it is like everything hit a wall and we're right back to waiting for the translation from the start. I understand wanting to retranslate it all from the beginning to make sure it is all up to the standards of the current scanlator, but it does feel a bit frustrating sometimes.
Oh well, just gotta keep waiting, I guess.

943cce4f712f471e75140ebf05d6011f
joined Feb 9, 2021
Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Honestly all the confusion makes it MORE like what it is.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

deja vu again, but repeating our heroine's gay panic will always be welcomed for me

joined Sep 11, 2019

Hiyama has brains

Yeah, and those brains make her a useless lesbian when it comes to Kimura lol

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 4:19AM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I still love the (rather threatening) confession. That kabedon was Olympic level.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

My brain is throwing smoke trying to process this new serialization order.... Ill need to read the last image a couple of times, then print it to keep an eye on which ch have actual plot...

joined Mar 11, 2022

For the love of god, could you please split the series into web and serialized versions, if you do not want to split it you can change the names of the chapters to web1-10 and serialized (I believe it's possible to even make a split in the contents, pretty sure I saw it somewhere). Please the story's great and making the distinction between the two types of chapters would help the newbies a lot and now it feels like it actively kills the interest of people.

Ps. You even call them web version and magazine version on your sheet could you please change it to that and not have the 1st magazine chapter being chapter 11

To reply you must either login or sign up.