Forum › Kamiina Botan, the Drunken Form is a Lily Flower discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I'm personally not interested in ever drinking alcoholic beverages, but I'm fine with watching/reading series about them (especially if they have Yuri potential).

Also, Botan became Akagi. lol

What kind of old-school game lets you kiss your teammate to recover health?

Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland.

Really? I thought it was Kirby Super Star. Especially since they're playing on an SNES.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Welcome back to our irregularly scheduled drunk college student programming

joined Jul 26, 2016

drunk college student

I can't quite put my finger on it but there seems to be a redundant element here somewhere...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Hang on, wait, wait, wait. I've sat still for a lot of perversion around Dynasty, but that's just wrong. You don't do strawberries in whisky! Brandy, certainly. Rum maybe. Grand Marnier, absolutely. Vodka if you have nothing better. NOT whisky. Whisky is not a "strawberries" kind of alcohol.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Hang on, wait, wait, wait. I've sat still for a lot of perversion around Dynasty, but that's just wrong. You don't do strawberries in whisky! Brandy, certainly. Rum maybe. Grand Marnier, absolutely. Vodka if you have nothing better. NOT whisky. Whisky is not a "strawberries" kind of alcohol.

Idk, strawberry taste notes aren't unheard of in whiskey, so it's not like the idea is completely out there. Actually, Glenlivet does have its fair share of fruitiness to it together with vanilla and a general smoothness that I can see this actually kinda working, which surprised me. Mangaka actually did their research methinks

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

I’m getting some serious Stretch vibes from this, if you know what I mean. :(

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Idk, strawberry taste notes aren't unheard of in whiskey, so it's not like the idea is completely out there. Actually, Glenlivet does have its fair share of fruitiness to it together with vanilla and a general smoothness that I can see this actually kinda working, which surprised me. Mangaka actually did their research methinks

Well, manga like this are almost always a blatant expression of the author's personal hobbies.

943cce4f712f471e75140ebf05d6011f
joined Feb 9, 2021

Is Glenlivet a real whisky? Because it's really close to the Norwegian words "Glem livet" which directly translates to "forget life". Since it's Scottish maybe it was made by some Norwegian vikings? Any whisky enthusiasts who can correct me on this?

joined Jun 21, 2021

Is Glenlivet a real whisky? Because it's really close to the Norwegian words "Glem livet" which directly translates to "forget life". Since it's Scottish maybe it was made by some Norwegian vikings? Any whisky enthusiasts who can correct me on this?

There's a wikipedia article about the Glenlivet distillery that will probably have the info you need
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glenlivet_distillery

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Hmmm beginning to wonder if this needs a love triangle tag. Probably also needs to have the Roommates tag since they all live together.

Also, no drinking and driving!!!

edited to add tag formatting.

last edited at Feb 2, 2022 11:04PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hmmm beginning to wonder if this needs a love rivals or love triangle tag.

No drinking and driving!!!

Especially in Japan. Is the limit still .03? They could go straight to jail!

last edited at Feb 2, 2022 9:21PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

They won't go straight to jail

joined Jun 21, 2021

I had to do a reread to remember what's going on since It's been a while but haaaah, Botan and Ibuki are so cute. I kinda like the triad vibe they got going with Gujou, probably not gonna happen and just Botan and Ibuki is already adorable but I ship it xD

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Man...

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

They won't go straight to jail

Ha! It's all about the wordplay, innit?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is this a three-girl-relationship series?

0502e2074defcd83f417a75ab8a03140
joined Apr 14, 2021

God this comic is so good just so beautiful like the random extremely stylish fashion shots, all the scenery and vehicles I’m so obsessed it’s like the perfect mix of everything. Such a random niche too, I live really near the Brewdog place in Scotland haha

joined May 23, 2017

I was nvr interested in this but now that I see love triangle tag... Time to start reading this

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Smells like jealousy, maybe we’ll actually see romantic development between Ibuki and Botan? Personally don’t mind if it had stayed into just wholesome platonic friendship but I’m all in if they are set to get together.

Thanks for the update as always~

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Definitively jealous and with all the right to be! Botan is yours, don't let her be snatched away!

Also wow don't introduce a new character all of a sudden x0 it's hard to keep track in this manga.... she is new, right? just moved in.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Wow, new girl already aiming for Botan. Ibuki’s got some competition now.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Guess the love triangle got upgraded to a love square

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Jealousy in the air

joined Jun 9, 2018

Is this really wholesome?? I mean, it doesn't feel like the kohai is cheating on either of them, but it feels like she's fooling around with both of them. In addition, the black-haired senpai has been in her relationship with the other senpai for longer, while the kohai has just arrived making much more progress than the black-haired senpai. As I say, the situation is not so dramatic but I do not think it corresponds to the wholesome.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I don't see anything serious going on between any of the girls, so I don't know whether the "love triangle" tag makes any sense (unless sharing a drink is somehow a euphemism for sex).

That said, I mostly like this because of all the shots in and around Chichibu (and some Kawagoe). I've been there a few times while I was in Japan, so it's fun to point out all the locations I recognize

To reply you must either login or sign up.