Forum › Liberty discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

well cant say ive ever seen a confession get brushed off so fast. why was that even included at all?

Good question--as evidence that Maki is an oblivious idiot? That Liz's narcissism has rubbed off on her? That Tsucchi is not a real character, but just a comic relief chew-toy?

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Reading this manga hurts me physically.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

well cant say ive ever seen a confession get brushed off so fast. why was that even included at all?

Good question--as evidence that Maki is an oblivious idiot? That Liz's narcissism has rubbed off on her? That Tsucchi is not a real character, but just a comic relief chew-toy?

yes but i doubt any of that is the author's intention. I don't know about Kitta Izumi but the characters in some of Momono Moto's stories can be self-centred and flawed but idk whats happenjng here.

why do i even question these things anymore. i want to turn my brain off

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wanted to say one positive thing--Momono Moto is a really good manga artist. That title page to this chapter is a great image, with Maki looking sexy and vulnerable yet kind of tough.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch20

I'd love to read a manga about that character.

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 1:56PM

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

Maki, my dear Looks only last a few years, decades if the person´s lucky, but a shitty personality, like the one Liz has, is forever

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 3:17PM

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

A three month wait for a chapter that did nothing to move the plot along and literally left off where the previous one did. Hell, I'm not even mad, I'm impressed! This story has come full-circle for me and become a "so bad it's good" work of art.

joined Dec 21, 2016

To show that, with the exception of Sumire, literally every girl is in love with Maki?
To make me groan very loudly that this unexpected confession ended brushed off so fast that even Tsucchi commented with "shit!"?

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

This isnt even a trainwreck anymore, its the mental manifestation of entropy. The endgame is the heat death of the universe as its the only thing able to stop Maki from crawling back to Liz.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Waterlemon posted:

I think maybe a mistranslation?

joined Jul 23, 2021

People like Liz would always said they finally realize what their mistake is in a relationship, but everytime they would still took advantage and commit the same mistake again, so maki you better erase that bxtch from your memory. Watching this manga is like watching my past experience.

joined Dec 21, 2016

Waterlemon posted:

I think maybe a mistranslation?

No it's not. I wish it was but it's not.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Ahahaha this is so funny with how circular and drama induced the who story is going

The return of Fuzzy puff
Screen%20shot%202021-08-07%20at%2010.26.05%20pm
joined Oct 7, 2020

Geez.. I always for get how much I dislike this one.. then I read the new chapter.. then I hope the final chapter of this story ends in mass management via a random piece of space junk falling from the sky and killing all the characters in one grand fell swoop.

Here
joined Aug 3, 2017

Soap opera levels of drama

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Four months per chapter. 16 pages each (maximum). I think my desire to continue to buy Galette is now down to nothing. I certainly would highly unlikely to purchase patron membership. I was thinking of that because I was really into this manga until...well...I don't mind reading for free, that's about it. The author certainly does not need that money for support, so the support should go to the mangaka. I don't even know how long it takes to write 16 pages of a manga, ie, dialogue and general idea; but I am sure that you can write more than 16 EVEN if you have a nice paying main job. It is the mangaka that has to spend a lot of energy and time to draw. I wonder where the author minds is?

Liz is not narcisistic. Far from it. She was gas lighted. A good gas lighter can play with your heart for a decade. Someone of her age a lot of time cannot tell, they are just blinded by that. It is amazing how some of these people can gaslight you and you still want them. Like Liz's ex who simply needs to turn on and turnoff the switch...anytime. Liz needs to see all these gas, otherwise "losing" Maki would be just an example. Do you honestly think that having that X around working together would be successful? No, the only one who would benefit is the ex. She will throw Liz under the bus the moment Liz career stalled. In the music industry this happens all the time.

Maki's situation is worse. Everyone here in this forum I think agree to the fact that she has low self esteem, even though her career is getting better and better. Her dating experience must have been limited. It also means it is unlikely for her to realize her best friend loves/major crush on her for so long. I honestly do not know how the author will deal with that.

Would someone explain to me how you can run around in a major Japanese city and randomly bummed into an ex???

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 10:14PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

A three month wait for a chapter that did nothing to move the plot along and literally left off where the previous one did.

Actually, the plot did move forwards. After a lot of self-doubt and self-examination, Maki is finally done analyzing her conflicted relationship with Liz and has come to some conclusions.

We now know that she blames herself for the infidelity of Liz and thinks she must become a much better woman if she is to be worthy of her undivided love and attention.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

A three month wait for a chapter that did nothing to move the plot along and literally left off where the previous one did.

Actually, the plot did move forwards. After a lot of self-doubt and self-examination, Maki is finally done analyzing her conflicted relationship with Liz and has come to some conclusions.

We now know that she blames herself for the infidelity of Liz and thinks she must become a much better woman if she is to be worthy of her undivided love and attention.

My previous phrasing of the matter was "dumb as a box of rocks."

So as Maki embarks on her new "matching up with Liz and becoming cooler than Liz's sadistic bitch ex" self-improvement regime, exactly what strategies would we recommend?

• Getting a makeover at Hot Topic? [Cheesy mall franchise featuring faux-goth/emo garb, for non-US folk]

• Taking a course for female pickup artists?

• Attending a seminar in "Empathy, and How To Rid Yourself of It"?

• Reading a book entitled, "NTR: The Key to a Happy Home"?

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I'm making my own happiness by imagining that those are some very expensive shoes Maki has that her co-worker just barfed on.

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

Man, the pacing is so awful. At this point I'm only tuning in to see how many branches it manages to hit on it's decent downward

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Man, the pacing is so awful. At this point I'm only tuning in to see how many branches it manages to hit on it's decent downward

I would just prefer to can the whole thing. Especially if you look back, 16 pages are the general maximum output per chapter. So there are quite a few chapters that have less. The author clearly does not give a damn; so why does the mangaka want to? She can come up with a much better plot I am sure (just check her work list entry here).

joined Apr 4, 2017

when will the plot of this return from the war

joined Apr 6, 2021

Holy fuck the story of this is shit. I can’t tell anymore if the author wants us to feel sympathy for Liz or not. Cuz fuck she is the worst. I guess I hope Maki and the other girl get together so I can see a happy ending and Liz has to deal with the consequences of her actions, but I’ve lost faith in the author at this point

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Why this shit had to went the NTR route

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Maybe Kitta Izumi is writing this story in character as Tomoko from Watamote. (Kitta Izumi was the VA for Tomoko for the 3 people in the world who didn't know)

joined Jun 11, 2020

Dang need to wait for 3 months again. T_T

To reply you must either login or sign up.