Forum › Shiroi Heya no Futari discussion

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

tears fell from my eyes..

last edited at May 23, 2013 12:47PM

Shitsurakuen%202
joined May 15, 2011

This is so depressing...

wow. just... i don't have a single syllable to describe sniff! how depressing tonight has been.

joined Mar 14, 2014

I love the description

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

I don't know but I pretty sure this was the very first yuri manga

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

the mangaka's first? and if that is true, no matter how sad this story was, it's still a really nice piece of work.

joined Mar 23, 2013

the mangaka's first? and if that is true, no matter how sad this story was, it's still a really nice piece of work.

I think he meant the first yuri manga in general. I don't know if that's true but it certainly the oldest I've read considering it's from 1971.

As for the work, it really has the classic melodramatic tragic ending feel that was ever so popular in the 70s. That was especially true in cases of same-sex pairings. This is neither good or bad, it really depends on how "hardcore" you like your drama.

last edited at Sep 30, 2014 1:54AM

joined Apr 20, 2014

Love in same sex never had happy ending

Yurilover2015
joined Dec 28, 2014

I still cant believe the first yuri manga is a tragic T.T

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Well, as far as I am concerned, it was a happy ending. I will forever adhere to the series description, it's worked well all this time.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

This is one of the few mangas that I really liked a lot but can't bring myself to read again. It was hard enough not crying the first time as it is...

joined Apr 21, 2014

I enjoyed this series even though I'm generally not fond of needlessly depressing endings, but I really have to point out just how ridiculous the protagonist's name is :

"Résine de poisson" is literally "Fish resin" in French.

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

i can't handle the super kawaii eyes

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

What's up with this old school drama? First Onii-sama E, now this gahd everyone be dying

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

What's up with this old school drama? First Onii-sama E, now this gahd everyone be dying

Yuri manga from 70s and 80s usually have a bad ending, with death or separation. We had to wait 90s, especially Sailor Moon (1992) to have a positive depiction of Yuri.

Shiroi is usually considered as the "first yuri", as it was written in 1971. But technically it's Shīkuretto rabu, dated from 1970. A perfect love-triangle between two girls and one boy. As Shiroi it's a bad ending as the three ends up alone after some suicide attempt and on.

But Shīkuretto rabu was forgotten by history and everyone remember Shiroi as the "first yuri". I even didn't find any scan of Shīkuretto.
If someone finds it, I'm very interested by it BTW!

See here for more information about the first yuri (and yuri in general).

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Shiroi is usually considered as the "first yuri", as it was written in 1971. But technically it's Shīkuretto rabu, dated from 1970. A perfect love-triangle between two girls and one boy. As Shiroi it's a bad ending as the three ends up alone after some suicide attempt and on.

But Shīkuretto rabu was forgotten by history and everyone remember Shiroi as the "first yuri". I even didn't find any scan of Shīkuretto.

I haven't seen scans of it either, but I did order a physical copy of the book, so it's possible that we (Lililicious) will decide to scanlate it, for its historical significance if nothing else.

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

I haven't seen scans of it either, but I did order a physical copy of the book, so it's possible that we (Lililicious) will decide to scanlate it, for its historical significance if nothing else.

Wow! It would be really cool if you take the time to translate it. ♥

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Guernica-looking mfer

398381_10150554123567654_939975514_n
joined Feb 4, 2013

I enjoyed this series even though I'm generally not fond of needlessly depressing endings, but I really have to point out just how ridiculous the protagonist's name is :

"Résine de poisson" is literally "Fish resin" in French.

I was going to comment on this too. Being a french person, I laughed really hard at this. Seriously why, parents?!

Fb_img_1453769529414
joined Dec 27, 2015

Fuck, soooo Sad

joined Dec 19, 2016

I'm usually a fan of happy endings or I'm left unsatisfied, but I kinda likes this. It sucks Simone died, but Resine got what she deserved.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Oh my god... Just... It's the second manga (After Watashitachi no shiawase na jikan) That just left me with wet eyes. I'm just... speechless.

0dbae31b163ae538beb6a331793cac8117bb9a9c_00
joined Oct 1, 2018

I'm curious since I read the description of the manga, so I came to the forum to measure how sad and bam, there's a spoiler not covered, thanks so much

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Love in same sex never had happy ending

When it comes to classic Japanese literature, from which this dramatic manga is somewhat rooted, most love stories were tragedies.

last edited at Oct 1, 2018 8:58PM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Yuri manga from 70s and 80s usually have a bad ending, with death or separation. We had to wait 90s, especially Sailor Moon (1992) to have a positive depiction of Yuri.

See here for more information about the first yuri (and yuri in general).

Lol didn’t Uranus and Neptune die a couple of times? Although they were revived in the end

To reply you must either login or sign up.