Forum › Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii discussion

Img_0046
joined Mar 20, 2015

The only other ending I could reasonably see happening is them being force back to their normal lives, while not being allowed to see each other again, maybe with Airi family moving to a different town altogether. This though is a far better ending in my opinion damn near HSL tier, absolutely beautiful.

joined Aug 13, 2021

The execution of the ending and the scenery is so beautiful, I am tearing up, this was fucking depressing but I wouldn't want it any other way.
Airi's lifeless corpse, Hina's struggle with herself and how badly Ai destroyed her, falling to her death in the snow by the lifeless corpse of the Airi she wanted so much only to be shown into the afterlife by her, but, is it heaven or is it a delusion? While it could be both ways they are together, their united bodies falling victim to the awful relationship between them and their approach they took absolutely destroyed them.
This really truly is my favorite manga to have been written and I can't put it into words enough how much I fucking loved it, thanks manio and thanks to the translators, this was a fucking wild ass ride.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 6:37AM

UnidentifiedFangirlingHimejoshi
Untitled2120_20220919231752
joined Sep 7, 2021

i am shaking and crying rn

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

kind of a shit ending tbh

joined Jun 12, 2015

Lmao...

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

GOSH. That was sooo depressing... Just like Real Life.

Like, what's the point with showing point of view of her friend before by making this end.
Another absurd ending... Just like Real Life.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 7:01AM

joined Oct 2, 2021

Sing it kids, "frosty the snowman ⛄"

joined Mar 25, 2019

Why did I read this Jesus Christ? I need fucking help holy shit

joined Dec 28, 2021

I was prepared for the worst, but still got dropkicked right in the feels. Dang it.
I'm both glad and sad it ended. The first chapters surely was a wild ride, just to quickly spiraling into something that I just couldn't stop reading, eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

And that last page, wow. beautiful and sad. Just like the rest of the story.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Damn that ending. Gotta say tho, even with the toxicity that is this manga series, I’m gonna miss seeing this one updating. I didn’t expect this to the final chapter tho, especially reading this as casually as I did then seeing the final pages play out, my heart got quite a shock. I DID expect this kind of ending but still wasn’t prepared for it in any means. Hope the mangaka would make more stories like this (albeit happier ones) cuz I really like how their pacing is.

joined Feb 10, 2022

What?? Is that really the end? Did they d!3??? Bruh
I always thought this was not gonna get a happy end but never expected this. I hope there is an epilogue. Something like... idk like reborn, reunite and this time being happy??? Tho I dont thinks gonna happen. I think maybe everyone in the school is gonna know about it soon. And idk maybe the gloomy girl is gonna get schizophrenia and hear their voices since everything was her fault tho anyone could have found them doing that tho things could have been different if so idk

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 8:58AM

I can’t read the ending. I read the spoiler, I know what’s going to happen, I want to read it but I Can’t Do It :’(

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 8:55AM by

Mind%20as%20judgement%20jpg
joined Nov 20, 2018

so much wasted potential tbh

joined Jun 11, 2021

Oh. Ohhhhh. I didn't expect this to make me cry so much. Jesus christ.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I’m truly not surprised they both commit suicide in the end, but rather that it was Hina who kills Airi first instead of Airi killing Hina in a twisted rage after that phone scene. As dark and depressing this ending was, it’s better that they didn’t romanticize this to have a good happy-ish ending with how everything spiraled extremely out of control the moment they ran away, and even before that things were already out of control and the characters were deeply fucked up. Airi was truly losing her mind and you can see her lose hope the moment she suggested them to commit suicide at the beach. You can kind of tell there was really nowhere else for them to go or other way for things to end when one person refuses to leave her delusions and one was losing her at trying to gain some sort of control and escape while being utterly powerless. Maybe there would’ve been a chance if Hina said something or if Airi just accepted she was a deeply flawed human scorned by others, but the buildup and chaos from them running away really made it no longer possible for there to be a good ending

Edit: Also, just seeing that Airi’s last thoughts were her recalling that she always enjoyed torturing Hina and making her cry as Hina’s breaking down and losing her mind as she chokes Airi makes this ending that much more painful. Out of all the things she could be thinking it’s her recalling how much she enjoyed hurting Hina and not that she cared about her or maybe an unsaid apology for what she did before or maybe some kind of fear that she’s dying.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 10:45AM

Shinta
joined Feb 25, 2014

That's it? Ohh man... I feel like shit... No bullshit happy ending, no miracle plot mcguffin suddenly saving them, just straight up reality, I can feel myself crumbling, It's not a bad ending, but it felt kinda rushed, I'm curious about the friends side... ohh damn... I need to read something sweet to wash away the bitter after taste

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Hope that glasses girl will get some comeuppance in the bonus chapter.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I guess in the end Airi's selfishness was the real villain all along

Well, when you see Airi in the state that she is towards the end, you'd hardly picture her as a villain. Maybe a more appropriate takeaway is that we should throw away our need to categorize, instead, being understanding that different people have different circumstances. Airi's situation was in a downward spiral, and many people could have stepped in to pull her out, but they never did.

Personally, I see a poignant message to seek help for mental health. Because though we'd like to believe things will get better, sometimes they don't. Sometimes you end up at a point where there is no getting better, and the best thing is to be proactive and nip it at the bud.

This is a better, more positive alternative message that I want to believe in.
Wonder if Hinas actually ded or not tho the story assumes she does but if she lives she'll probably be facing some jail time

She’s dead because it was dark out when they left the hotel, but when they showed the ending page with them covered in snow it’s sunrise. Depending on how cold it is, it would take some time for a person to freeze to death but without proper shelter or clothing and exhaustion added to the mix, it wouldn’t take that long once they lose consciousness.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

This was a very fitting ending to a very good series. I do wish there'd be an epilogue showing the others back home when they find out about their deaths, though. And to see what happened to glasses girl

I wanted them to be happy, which granted they are

They are...? But they are dead. And they didn't seem all that happy with how their lives ended, honestly. Though I guess you may be referring to the supposed afterlife scene... I only interpreted that as Hina's final thoughts, a delusion caused by her exhaustion or something. I guess it's left up to the reader, but with the way it was shown, right before showing us their bodies covered in snow, it seems like that was just her wish as she was losing consciousness.

Edit: Btw did Hina go out with the intention of killing herself or did she just gave up after falling?

Seeing how she had been carrying Airi's body for who knows how long, in the cold, while being underfed, with little sleep and under enormous amounts of stress for a number of days, I think its more than likely that she really couldn't get up, even if she wanted to.

joined Dec 10, 2017

What a bitter ending :(

KenshiroEverydayLifeIsFun
joined Dec 22, 2021

Great ending. I'm contented with this conclusion. It's sad but fitting perfectly with how their relationship is.

If there's one thing I want to complain, it felt rushed. I want to know more about their friends at school. Ichika, Yoshimi, and Yuu have their own stories going on and the show's already over a chapter later.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 11:43AM

joined Aug 13, 2021

Edit: Also, just seeing that Airi’s last thoughts were her recalling that she always enjoyed torturing Hina and making her cry as Hina’s breaking down and losing her mind as she chokes Airi makes this ending that much more painful. Out of all the things she could be thinking it’s her recalling how much she enjoyed hurting Hina and not that she cared about her or maybe an unsaid apology for what she did before or maybe some kind of fear that she’s dying.

This also got me fucked, not a single shred of empathy and just pure narcissism.

joined Feb 25, 2022

Maybe they could have just do BDSM type of stuff? I am not sure if they are sadists as in mentally ill or sadists as in BDSM and just didn't knew any better. I really wish that it would have turned out fine.
(not native english)

joined Mar 11, 2019

Oh

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

While I expected this ending, I'm disappointed we didn't see how people will react back home.

I'm hoping we see it in an extra chapter or something.

To reply you must either login or sign up.