Forum › Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii discussion

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I feel like this needs the depressing as fuck tag

Violence, guro, depressing as fuck, tragedy, suicide. All viable, but all spoilers. Maybe wait like a week and then add them all to the final chapter? All of them together would obscure what ends up happening in the ending for later readers anyway. What do you think, mycro?

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 1:57AM

joined Feb 16, 2022

Fuck... this ending... girls' last tour PTSD

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Knew it

Img_20220130_193622_369-min
joined Feb 11, 2021

Holy shit

92165446-8f95-4f03-88c5-7d78fb208740
joined Dec 25, 2021

Dude wtf….

Screenshot_2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Was really hoping for a happier ending...

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I'm sorry everyone the ending just reminded me of Yosuga no Sora then Lonely Diver played in my head I'm so so sorry
To this day I still do not know whether the final scene was suicide by drowning, or just a dream. Did they really take off to another country or it was just an after life dream while drowning. Sora is one of the few manga-anime that drives me nuts because the ending is BOTH open and close.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Are you serious? That's the ending? Jeez, how many hours did I waste reading this?
This feels incredibly rushed, even if it was the authors intention, which didn't seem to be the case. The previous chapter focused on different characters entirely. So we just jump back to the main charactes and they die in a single chapter? It feels to me like it was either cancelled, or the author just doesn't want to write it anymore.
This is going right up there with Dragonhead on my "high quality, but will never recommend due to ending" list. Not as bad as Dragonhead, but still awful.

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

I wished them a happy ending but that beach scene is too much copium even for me.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

And thus it ends.

This is both a story of why you should definitely do all you can to make sure mental health services in your country become better and why you mustn't shove your values onto others.

The former is pretty obvious,but the latter stems from the fact that their secret was revealed on purpose,which led to the path they ended up on,and even the one who revealed the secret didn't get what she hoped for out it.

Now,an extra chapter showing the aftermath of this would be neat,one wonders how those who were left behind will now cope with the chilling news.

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

... at least we got a beach episode?

Yonagi%20doesn't%20care
joined Sep 26, 2016

chilling news.

Really?

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

well that left me at a loss for words

Lcwgnwr
joined Jan 4, 2022

Bruh

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Is this my very first tragedy that is a Yurihime manga? I don't feel sad, but rather relief. Nevertheless it is unusual compare with other manga published, including Its a detached relationship which I think is the closest but ended with a happy ending..
I am against making an anime for it, Manio has already written what to say. A murder-suicide ending will be unusual. But if you take a look at ALL the Yurihime animes that were produced, this one will completely not fit the bill. Yurihime anime always have a happy ending. Even Netsuzou. Also, nobody would produce an anime for I love your cruddy that will be certain losing money. These studios are small after all.

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

honestly, my only complaint is that we only get to see the beginnings of of yuu and yoshimi’s impending fallout. wonder if maybe that’ll be a bonus chapter or something

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 4:21AM

Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

This honestly seems like the author of this manga wanted to appease both sets of fans for which ending would happen. They both die as to go with the ones who wanted a more tragic end, but at the same time the two end up together for eternity in their own world to appease the people who wanted a happy end.

I am one of the ones who wanted a happy ending, so I shall make the cannon ending them managing to run away and actually start a happy life together. Is it a cop out? Yes, but I wanted them to be happy, which granted they are, but I wanted an ending in which they LIVED a happy life first.

I just woke up, I didn't need this depressing stuff to be the first thing I read. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to forget this tragedy with Vtuber Yuri and cute anime clips.

joined Mar 31, 2017

I feel like this needs the depressing as fuck tag

Violence, guro, depressing as fuck, tragedy, suicide. All viable, but all spoilers. Maybe wait like a week and then add them all to the final chapter? All of them together would obscure what ends up happening in the ending for later readers anyway. What do you think, mycro?

The first two would be nothing new for this series, but I do think the tags shouldn't spoil the reader on the specific ending in a series with this many chapters. For oneshots and very short works it can get you into the right mindset to already know it'll end in suicide since such stories will for the most part have a consistent tone in their narration and the MC's inner monolog. Clearly there were a lot of readers who didn't think Kitanai would end in death. Tragedy could work as a whole in its literary meaning, but depressing seems like a judgment someone could easily disagree with. Like maybe it wasn't the classic happy end but the best end they could have hoped for given all the flaws Hina and Airi couldn't change about themselves while still being together.

So if you really want to change or add tags, I would have no problem with "tragedy" for the whole series along with whatever tags apply to choking that ideally don't spoil that someone dies.

joined Dec 18, 2020

... at least we got a beach episode?

Lol

joined Dec 18, 2020

Damn this was devastating, even though I saw it coming I still had some hope left. This was just a great manga all around, I'll keep an eye on this author.

Edit: Btw did Hina go out with the intention of killing herself or did she just gave up after falling?

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 5:25AM

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

I still think Gunjo is the gold standard for Psychological Drama driven Yuri but this is a very close second.

Massive credit to the author for not pulling any punches with the ending. It was a toxic relationship and it got the ending it deserved.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 5:20AM

Imageedit_11_5472942776
joined Apr 30, 2018

i kind of guessed this how this series would end but after that other chapter i thought it wouldn't anymore but holy shit

1fb3cd473f7b87c92c0a6294908ad767
joined May 15, 2020

holy shit if that manga wasn't something

Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

being strangled in bed by your lover? now that's a pretty metal way to go out.

joined Dec 5, 2018

Was this axed or rushed for some reason? I feel like there were a lot of threads with the side friends left unfinished. Kinda glad it's done tbh what a ride

To reply you must either login or sign up.