Forum › Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii discussion

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Hina's introspection was really sad. We see her coping with all the abuse and neglect Airi puts her through after they get found out, but this was an admission that she was in denial, that deep down she knew Airi didn't care about her at all. That line "But it's what I want..." kind of stings when you consider how different their ideas about love are.

joined May 2, 2019

Oh my lord that's some ending right there.

Good stuff, do not regret reading.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I guess in the end Airi's selfishness was the real villain all along, it really does suck balls to know she never really loved Hina though, atleast not enough.
She wanted to be loved so bad, to have someone of her "own" yet at the same time wasn't willing to put in any actual effort into her relationship with Hina and cared a little too much about her own reputation to the point that it fucked up everything around her. She digged her own grave yet refused to lie in it and instead chose to fuck up her own mental and physical wellbeing and this is where it all leads to now.

Then there's Hina, i'm not going to lie I really saw her as even worse than Airi after the latest chapters but reading this one really brought me back to earth. Hina was manipulated from the very beginning by Airi, fell WAYYYY too hard for her, then was tossed away like she meant nothing. She was never crazy Airi just fucked her up that badly. Obviously it was wrong of her to do the things that she did to Airi but seeing her POV all along gives you alot more sense of why she did what she did.

But somewhere in Airi's mind she did care about Hina to atleast some extent, as seen in her own flashbacks, so maybe she wasn't a complete narcissist, but it sucks to know that if it weren't for Airi's obsessiveness with control and reputation something real might have actually happened between the two, unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be I guess...

One very unique thing about this series is how well both of their characters, but especially Airi's character was handled. Looking past all the fetishes it was nice that the whole relationship between the two was painted as overrall negative and completely undesirable. It's refreshing considering how often these kinds of relationships are romanticized in media; couples like this very very rarely end up working out, this series really serves as a reminder of that, I've given it some though and I think that is what the death of Hina and Airi was supposed to symbolize.

Moral of the story: Toxic, codependent relationships actually really suck ass and end up with both parties getting hurt.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 12:08AM

joined Jun 21, 2021

The real sad thing is an autopsy will reveal Airi was strangled, so eventually when they are found Hina is gonna take all the blame.

Granted she’s obviously not blameless, but you know what I mean, the details of how and why probably won’t be relayed back to the families

joined Aug 19, 2019

The ending was fucking painful, I still can't in my mind see it as reciprocated love which just makes it even worse lol, even with the two being "together forever". Yes Airi "loved" Hina, but what is that compared to the love Hina felt for Airi and the things she put herself through for the sake of being with her, when Airi couldn't even accept the fact they had been caught and even thought to blame it all on Hina at one point? Hina's own twisted view on love after the trauma just made matters even worse. Almost like there really was no hope and the whole thing was destined to crash eventually lol.

One thing is I always wondered what the whole beach picture was about since we never actually saw it play out in the manga, just thought it was maybe some kind of symbolism or maybe just a wholesome pic they took once, but I never thought it would mean this. I guess that means that the author had this maybe planned out all along? Would love to see a chapter of the two going more in depth about things.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I guess in the end Airi's selfishness was the real villain all along

Well, when you see Airi in the state that she is towards the end, you'd hardly picture her as a villain. Maybe a more appropriate takeaway is that we should throw away our need to categorize, instead, being understanding that different people have different circumstances. Airi's situation was in a downward spiral, and many people could have stepped in to pull her out, but they never did.

Personally, I see a poignant message to seek help for mental health. Because though we'd like to believe things will get better, sometimes they don't. Sometimes you end up at a point where there is no getting better, and the best thing is to be proactive and nip it at the bud.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 12:30AM

271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

i dont know what to feel AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I liked it. It is nice that in the end Ai shows some genuine feelings towards Hina in her flashback and talking about wanting to be with her forever. Hina fighting between the neglect and dependency and tiny fragments of real love poking through from her memories of Ai while choking her to death was really cute too. That last thought of going back to how things were might have been nice to explore, there were some of the hints in the previous few chapters to how it could have worked out abusive fetish stuff and all with them switching, but really this works too. I hope we get a bonus chapter or two with that unfinished Ichika story that got dropped pretty abruptly.
Exposure isn’t a great way to go I’m pretty sure that’s how Neal cassady died

Also I’m pretty sure that is something like the 6th different way they have spelled the title on the end page, 'crouddy'?

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 12:36AM

joined Aug 19, 2019

Well, when you see Airi in the state that she is towards the end, you'd hardly picture her as a villain. Maybe a more appropriate takeaway is that we should throw away our need to categorize, instead, being understanding that different people have different circumstances. Airi's situation was in a downward spiral, and many people could have stepped in to pull her out, but they never did.

Personally, I see a poignant message to seek help for mental health. Because though we'd like to believe things will get better, sometimes they don't. Sometimes you end up at a point where there is no getting better, and the best thing is to be proactive and nip it at the bud.

This is a better, more positive alternative message that I want to believe in.
Wonder if Hinas actually ded or not tho the story assumes she does but if she lives she'll probably be facing some jail time

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 12:48AM

joined Dec 17, 2020

Damn... no speech just damn...

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

Wonder if Hinas actually ded or not tho the story assumes she does but if she lives she'll probably be facing some jail time

They are dead dead they were shown in heaven

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Can someone tell me from which chapter is the flashback shown on page 150?

joined Jun 21, 2021

I think calling something that drives you to suicide could be classified as a villain. It’s not like it’s blaming Airi, it’s acknowledging there is this other force she clearly doesn’t have a handle on that’s caused most if not all the issues in the series. Airi isn’t the villain, this uncontrolled aspect of her is.

I do agree with you on the mental health thing, it’s really sad to see her mind working against her so aggressively in this last chapter, something that professional help definitely could’ve done wonders for instead of her wasting away until Hina broke the camels back.

I find myself more laying blame at her parents specifically, letting her just not go to school for so long was absurd already, but seeing where the spiral ended makes it all the more obvious they should’ve stepped in and attempted to get her some kinda help.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 12:41AM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

It is totally plausible that neither of them is dead, but that wouldn’t really suit this as an ending to the story. Given the impetus of time and renewed creative interest, or excessive money, to make a continuation it would be simple for them both to wake up in the hospital variably missing appendages from frostbite and a tracheotomy.

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

This is, frankly, the exact ending I wanted. Thank you for not pulling the punch, author. Thank you, very much.

Hina rotting in jail would be a great ending too, but really, I can't complain about this one.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 12:49AM

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

Hina carrying Airi at the end reminded me of scene in Oyasumi Punpun. I was hoping that somehow they’d be able to find a way through their anxieties, dependency issues, depression, etc, even though I knew the chance of that was near to impossible. Really heartbreaking to see them like that at the end, but maybe in another world they could truly and freely love

joined Oct 14, 2020

It would honestly be interesting to see the aftermath and reactions to this from their family and peers. Their parents' lives are probably going to be fucked up. Their kids ran away, one killed the other and then essentially killed herself. That kind of thing has to be the absolute worst thing a parent can go through. And then there's Ichika. She was interested in how fucked up things could be but I don't know if she expected/wanted them to die so I wonder if she'd be upset, think it was super interesting that they did that, or simply not care about them anymore because they can no longer provide her entertainment.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I couldn't see this manga ending any other way. A solid tragedy I'd say. Gunjo had that tinge of happiness, like they would serve their sentence and be together afterwards. Here though, any kind of happy ending would feel disingenuous after everything.

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

I was expecting a (attempted) double suicide ending in which this was still kind of but not for it to end like this. I enjoyed the fucked up crazy journey that this was and liked that the author decided no on is going to get some fairy tale ending.

Hqdefault%20(2)
joined Apr 5, 2018

I feel like this needs the depressing as fuck tag

joined Jan 1, 2021

Ok that is depressing as fuck. I didn't expect that ending tbh

Takodachi_slime_bocchi_by_walkman0_dg1rfr9-pre
joined Feb 18, 2021

There are many things that have yet to be solved. Their death is kinda expected but I was hoping for some twist.

Takodachi_slime_bocchi_by_walkman0_dg1rfr9-pre
joined Feb 18, 2021

I suggest some tag change with this ending

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I think calling something that drives you to suicide could be classified as a villain. It’s not like it’s blaming Airi, it’s acknowledging there is this other force she clearly doesn’t have a handle on that’s caused most if not all the issues in the series. Airi isn’t the villain, this uncontrolled aspect of her is.

Well, I'd argue you can't really take a significant part of what makes a person and then say you're not talking about the person as a whole. My point is generally that it's a human tendency to draw lines in the sand and say this is good and this bad, and when we do that we're less understanding towards others. One could say, it's because of Airi's selfishness that this happened, and therefore lump people who suffer similar bad outcomes in the basket we call "selfish". The problem is that the label of villain has a lot of societal baggage, and you can't exactly just isolate facets of people as though they're separate from the person as a whole.

Konohacoin(1)
joined Jan 23, 2022

Honestly not what I was expecting based on chapter 25. Or at least, I wasn't expecting the manga to end yet. I think the double suicide was basically forgone, but it seemed like it was going to be a bit longer and we were going to see some more of the other characters.

Also I think Airi was better at being a sadistic abuser than Hina. The long dark hair just really made it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.