Forum › Your Scent is a Little Sweet discussion

joined Jan 1, 2021

Cant wait!!!! was disappointed with fargo and their choice.... But thank god another omegaverse manhua came.....

joined Dec 17, 2021

It's still a bit weird seeing the words Alpha and Omega outside of fanfic, but I'm excited for this story.

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

Whoaaaa i'm excited for this one, I particularly enjoy seeing how manga authors dive into the ABO world. Little tip for the scanlators: alphas have ruts, omegas have heats. Usually, alpha ruts only last a few days, while omega heats can go up to a week if they're not properly satisfied or knotted.

Thanks a lot for your hard work, hope you guys keep updating ☺

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 3:38PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Huh. The few Alpha/Omega stuff I've read was kinda bleh, but this looks good

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm so glad there's been more omegaverse stories. There was on that was released last year that soured it but this one seems promising.

joined Sep 7, 2021

What's an omegaverse?

What's an omegaverse?

So everyone in the alternate universe called the Omegaverse is either Alpha, Beta, or Omega. Alphas and Omegas give off pheromones when they are going into heat, exactly like animals. The Alphas dominate over and can impregnate Omegas(and can attract them due to their pheromones). A female and a male can be Alphas and impregnate any Omega. So a male Alpha can impregnate a male Omega. A female Alpha can impregnate a male Omega. Etc etc. Betas are just like regular people, they don’t smell pheromones and they don’t go into heat. Also Alphas can mark Omegas, just imagine Twilight and wolves imprinting on someone. I’m sure I left out some details so anyone feel free to add on.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

One thing that seems different about this is usually for alphas its rut instead of heat.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

ABO stuff usually doesn't work for me, because so much of it becomes focused on ABO itself rather than the people in the story. But I'm gonna give this a try, if only because it's so odd and interesting to see ABO in a manhwa.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

One thing that seems different about this is usually for alphas its rut instead of heat.

Might be a translation error. Or maybe they don't have the distinction in their language.

Istockphoto-615619820-170667a%20-%20copy
joined Nov 1, 2021

i don't normally read other things that aren't manga, but this looks good!

joined Sep 7, 2021

What's an omegaverse?

So everyone in the alternate universe called the Omegaverse is either Alpha, Beta, or Omega. Alphas and Omegas give off pheromones when they are going into heat, exactly like animals. The Alphas dominate over and can impregnate Omegas(and can attract them due to their pheromones). A female and a male can be Alphas and impregnate any Omega. So a male Alpha can impregnate a male Omega. A female Alpha can impregnate a male Omega. Etc etc. Betas are just like regular people, they don’t smell pheromones and they don’t go into heat. Also Alphas can mark Omegas, just imagine Twilight and wolves imprinting on someone. I’m sure I left out some details so anyone feel free to add on.

That sounds horrific, I am look forward to reading more. XD

De
joined Jun 14, 2021

Is it me, or have all the omegaverse yuris on here featured top omegas and bottom alphas?

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Is it me, or have all the omegaverse yuris on here featured top omegas and bottom alphas?

Best friends had a top alpha and bottom omega. But otherwise I kinda like seeing a role reversal. Helps with some of the not so good side of most ABO stuff. I’m looking forward to where this one goes.

joined May 30, 2020

I missed the omegaverse tag and that line about a model going into heat really threw me for a loop.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Oh good lord,that stupid verse again.

Just so the folks here understand why it's stupid,one must note the origins of this,the wolf hierarchy.

In short,the it's total rubbish that even the guy who "discovered" it,Rudolf Schenkel,stated that it was wrong to assume that this was how wolves worked in the wild,because his studies in 1947 were with unrelated wolves in captivity with unnaturally small space to live in.

The long part,though,is the fact that so many people ignored his footnote about it most likely not a natural aspect that they created decades worth of writing saying that it was natural,which then eventually led to whoever made the first human based omegaverse.

Only after the early 2000s did people actually look into and point out that wolf packs are basically two parents and their litter,with the grown up pups going off to find significant others and start their own packs.

At least,for the few that are on this site,that lesbian based omegaverse isn't as cringy.

And neither is this,so far.

joined Aug 21, 2017

wow new blood type lore

Tumblr_cee5b652f60d90ff709454b0003785ca_6809dc36_400-min
joined Sep 4, 2021

LET'S GOOOOO

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Best friends had a top alpha and bottom omega

Couldn’t get into that one, I lost interest when the alpha raped her and then the manga kept trying to convince me that it was the omega’s fault and she was the bad one for trying to leave. And then tried to convince me that the omega being angry at the alpha “irrationally” for putting her in vulnerable positions when she was younger muddied the waters somehow.

That’s my problem with ABO. Sometimes it’s fun. Sometimes it makes it really easy for people to justify r*pe and put systems of oppression in their fic and then cape for them.

last edited at Feb 23, 2022 2:12AM

joined Apr 6, 2021

Couldn’t get into that one, I lost interest when the alpha raped her and then the manga kept trying to convince me that it was the omega’s fault and she was the bad one for trying to leave. And then tried to convince me that the omega being angry at the alpha “irrationally” for putting her in vulnerable positions when she was younger muddied the waters somehow.

That’s my problem with ABO. Sometimes it’s fun. Sometimes it makes it really easy for people to justify r*pe and put systems of oppression in their fic and then cape for them.

Best friends was my first introduction to ABO and after the rape scene, I was completely turned off by the genre, aside from the fact that the whole scenario in general is so fucking weird. Then I looked at the history and some other stories and omegaverse immediately because one of the most disgusting things I’ve seen online. I hate when a new one shows up cause I’ll probably read it out of morbid curiosity because they genuinely make me sick

last edited at Feb 23, 2022 7:25AM

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I'm hopelessly lost, didn't they say several times that the brunette was a beta? How come the omega blonde sniffs her and declares brunette is an alpha?

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Yeah, I didn’t say it was the best Yuri ABO out there, just that it had that dynamic. Takamiya Jin did an ABO piece that brought some of that up and emphasized choice over hormones.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I'm hopelessly lost, didn't they say several times that the brunette was a beta? How come the omega blonde sniffs her and declares brunette is an alpha?

It said she has a special condition, not that she’s a beta. I think they were talking about how agencies are hiring more betas because they don’t have to worry about cycles and stuff. The Mc seems like she has a condition that has kept her alpha trait dormant. And the blonde omega seems to have possibly been the trigger to activate the alpha traits. Just speculation at this point but that’s what I took away from this chapter.

joined Nov 9, 2019

Oh good lord,that stupid verse again.

Just so the folks here understand why it's stupid,one must note the origins of this,the wolf hierarchy.

Wow :o I can't believe people used to think same sex wolves could have offspring if one was dom enough. /j

I totally realize that's not what you're saying, but at the same time, omegaverse stuff is so far removed from those wrong concepts that I don't really see how them being wrong is a legit criticism of omegaverse. It's like almost as weird as criticizing vampire stuff because it doesn't match up with bat behavior.

My personal opinions on it is that the concept of having sex go along multiple axes is potentially a lot of fun, and I'd like to read stuff that takes that in interesting directions, but I'm usually not willing to sift through a ton of mediocre smut to get there.

last edited at Feb 24, 2022 7:34AM

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Might be a translation error. Or maybe they don't have the distinction in their language.

Hi, translator here. I'm not that familiar with OV stuff so I appreciate any corrections. The word they used was 发情, which usually is translated in English (non OV stuff) to be "in heat", but I guess in Chinese OV stuff means specifically "rut", since that is also a valid translation. I'll fix that in the future.

I probably could use someone who knows OV stuff to proofread, huh.

To reply you must either login or sign up.