Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

For anyone wondering, the movie they watched was Chaos Walking (2021). Those who know, know...

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Yes, yes.....
A few more of these and she'll awaken to her true nature in no time

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Oooh slow burn, I liek it

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Is it just me or did the art this chapter feel kinda different? Either way some cute stuff, I really hope we start seeing some more physicality in their relationship, and general romantic developments, because it still seems like Kurumi is oblivious and Ruriko is hesitant.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

That sort of popcorn exists in the west too... I never bought it though I may have had it when camping as a kid.

It's called Jiffypop I've never had it, but I've seen it on TV and in stores. I've even seen references to it on Family Guy. So it's probably pretty well known.

joined Jun 5, 2018

But man, popcorn with soysauce? Seems like a bad idea. Im more the butter and a bit of sweetness type.

last edited at Jan 31, 2022 1:57AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Yeah, the fabric softener lol

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

they're so cute....

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Ruriko's friend from work is probably writing comments on Dynasty in her spare time

joined May 29, 2021

Is there a slow burn tag? What are the requirements for it would you say?

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Man, when it's even unusual to give a simple hug...I expect a quick kiss on the cheek after 200 chapters.

joined Dec 4, 2017

its okay guys, we are near there, a kiss will happen soon!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Small steps, but that bonding day is definitely effective. :D

But damn, girls, what a disappointment, you left out the best of the three popcorn options...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I don't say this often, but this chapter was too Wholesome for its own good. Slow burn, indeed...

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I laughed for a weird reason. I'd forgotten they'd formalised having bonding time, right? So when I saw the title, I was like, damn,I thought I knew most of the Japanese festivals, but I don't remember Couple's Bonding Day. I had been thinking about takigino in Taito and about sakura-zenzen everywhere, but still. There are a lot of regional festivals. There should be a Couple's Bonding Day, and not just in Japan. So say I!

But man, popcorn with soysauce? Seems like a bad idea. Im more the butter and a bit of sweetness type.

It's actually not bad, it's not wet and soggy so the saltiness is like salt. In my circles we use brewer's yeast, which is even further away from the traditional salt and butter.

last edited at Jan 31, 2022 11:15AM

joined Sep 11, 2019

Just a lil bit more.

joined Nov 22, 2021

Huh, so even marriage doesn’t help when it comes to useless lesbians…

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

There should be a Couple's Bonding Day, and not just in Japan. So say I!

God knows most couples need it these days.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Was following it since the first chapter, but recently decided to re-read it, just to refresh myself on everything going on in this manga. I gotta say I forgot about quite a few things. Like this starting with Kurumi writing an ongoing piece that had a similar title to the manga itself. It was brought up once in the manga itself aside from the start, and considering how long it always takes between updates, it just slipped from my mind.
It also caught me off guard with how I remembered it. Like I remember it having drama, but re-reading it with the mindest of how those "Dramas" resolved, I couldn't really believe how "important" it felt at the time of those chapters being fresh. Because all their issues, aside from the crux of the plot, are very relatable stuff. Which might be why it felt so impactful at the time. Also why I consider this series to be so wholesome and nice to read, but without it being overly cotton-candy of a manga.
I also can't help but appreciate all those subtle metaphors that are in this, that comment on all the things happening in the manga itself. Some are less subtle than others, but noticing them is always fun.
Not to mention watching all those happy reactions from Ruriko whenever Kurumi does something nice or even as much as does something with her in mind. If Kurumi is a hamster, then Ruriko is definitely a doggo. It's just so precious.
Re-reading this really made me appreciate the plot, which seems simple, but it starts with both of them questioning both happiness and what marriage is, as well as changing self (or not being able to) and watching as they both try and change for one another. Not because they feel like they have to, but because they want to, since they see it makes the other (And themselves in the process) happier.
It made me think of this author's other work, and I should re-read that too.
Well, this ended up being longer than I wanted. But I just felt like letting it all out after re-reading it.

The last few chapters made me think of something. People usually joke about how you start your relationship backward from kissing or having sex and then dating. Those two started by marrying one another, and only now are they having dates and acting shy about it. Because of the way they act about this "bonding day" it's pretty much a "date night". It's pretty amazing.

joined Aug 10, 2021

Just kiss already.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This was a cute chapter, I'm here for the slow burn honestly. Little by little they're getting closer and it's very sweet.

I laughed for a weird reason. I'd forgotten they'd formalised having bonding time, right? So when I saw the title, I was like, damn,I thought I knew most of the Japanese festivals, but I don't remember Couple's Bonding Day. I had been thinking about takigino in Taito and about sakura-zenzen everywhere, but still. There are a lot of regional festivals. There should be a Couple's Bonding Day, and not just in Japan. So say I!

It's actually not bad, it's not wet and soggy so the saltiness is like salt. In my circles we use brewer's yeast, which is even further away from the traditional salt and butter.

I'm surprised to see someone that also uses yeast, most people I've encountered find it to be strange haha

joined Nov 22, 2021

Butter and soy sauce is an amazing combo. I sometime melt butter, soy sauce, salt, and pepper (black and red) and pour it over popcorn. Amazing to put a little pat of butter on freshly steamed rice, mix it in to melt, then add a dash of soy sauce. Soooo good…..

joined Jan 6, 2017

Soysauce adds salt and umami so I'm gonna guess that it'd work pretty well. I love MSG popcorn which is a similar flavour profile.
And hey, at least it's not caramel popcorn!

joined Sep 4, 2016

You can get that kind of popcorn here in the west too. Unfortunately, it's only the basic butter flavor, but it's not too bad. If you have kids, they usually find it really fun to watch the container expand.

https://www.jiffypoppopcorn.com/

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ruriko: gives a hug
Kurumi: surprised pikachu face

That expression when Kurumi was being hugged was just priceless.
Stop being stingy with the hugs now! Do it all the time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.