Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

joined Mar 19, 2020

Y’a see since miko seems to only care about hinako platonically/guardianly it’s gonna make things so much easier if she ends up with fishgirl. I’m glad this isn’t out to break my heart.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Honestly beginning to think that Hinako becoming non-monster attracting again may be Shiori's whole aim... Could it be that she is simply using the possessive "oh yes, I'll eat you as soon as you are happy enough, but no one else can"-shtick because it was the easiest way to get Hinako to go along vs having her actively seek out getting chomped?

I doubt it, Hinako having been no different from regular people before the accident seems to be news to her, otherwise there would be no need for Miko to explain it to her right now. Pretty sure she's just the unapologetic monster she says she is, although this may still change over time as she spends more time with Hinako.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Fox girl lives...for now >_>

I'm still nervous about the fish girl killing at any moment though. I feel like I can't breathe safely yet, or let my guard down.

joined Oct 2, 2021

There's a little bit of monster in all of us.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I did not expect that twist and resolution, but I think it works and actually keeps things interesting.

Knowing Hinako and Miko won’t get together in the end breaks my gay little heart.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Knowing Hinako and Miko won’t get together in the end breaks my gay little heart.

While I am personally okay with that development (as much as I like short twintail tsunderes, Miko never measured up to Shiori for me), I see how this panel might hurt.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i'll just think of Miko as Hinako's guardian

so Shiori is the kind of monster that can control herself huh

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 10:29AM

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Yay they actually kept Miko!! Im so proud of this story ^_^

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Wasn't that thing about the blood obvious? She only got suicidal after it, obviously.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I don't think just wanting to die is enough to make people's blood super appealing to monsters, unless Shiori was lying about how suicidal people smell like decaying beached whale (For all we know THAT may be the most irresistible smell for monsters). Maybe it has something to do with being the sole survivor from a family, or maybe Hinako was marked by a monster and that makes her more delicious?

It's always questions and more questions reading this.

Wbb-polar%20(3)
joined Dec 12, 2021

fishwoman is really sus. i want to know more about her

Wbb-polar%20(3)
joined Dec 12, 2021

me too

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Miko should be the endgame here

While I am personally okay with that development (as much as I like short twintail tsunderes, Miko never measured up to Shiori for me), I see how this panel might hurt.

Lmao rubbing sand in the wound. She was friendzoned before she could even consider confessing.

joined Jan 14, 2020

friendzoning your own god

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Sameeee

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Man why fishwoman gotta be the fl

joined May 1, 2015

Miko chan best girl.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I'm pretty glad the friend didn't turn out to be actually evil in the end.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She just cant meassure Up to "hey bb, in gonna eat ya, litterally"

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Huh, is that a burn or something else coz it looks kinda like her shoulder's rotting away.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Huh, is that a burn or something else coz it looks kinda like her shoulder's rotting away.

I think it's burns. They were hinted at earlier during the festival arc, but this is the first time they're shown "in all their glory".

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

With how black it is it almost looks like burn-related necrosis. Ouch. Could also see it being some kind of curse mark though (the blackness specifically, we've seen the burns further down on her arm before and those weren't as bad/discolored iirc)

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

So the MC has tamed two Pokémons now.

With all seriousness, the story is so interesting. It's not giving me a yuri feeling most of the time but I love everything about it.

last edited at Apr 5, 2024 12:35AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.