Forum › Resonant Blue discussion

きらきら輝いた
Dqijxcpe
joined Jul 26, 2020

"In all things, the beginning and end are the most engaging. Does the love of man and woman suggest only their embraces? No, the sorrow of lovers parted before they met, laments over promises betrayed, long lonely nights spent sleepless until dawn, pining thoughts for one in some far place, a woman left sighing over past love in her tumbledown abode—It is these, surely, that embody the romance of love."

absolutely lovely, that's all i can say

last edited at Dec 26, 2021 11:27PM

Capture
joined Aug 10, 2020

absolutely gorgeous typesetting!!!!

joined Mar 19, 2020

Are we supposed to know what was on the note from the bin?

joined Jul 14, 2021

"In all things, the beginning and end are the most engaging. Does the love of man and woman suggest only their embraces? No, the sorrow of lovers parted before they met, laments over promises betrayed, long lonely nights spent sleepless until dawn, pining thoughts for one in some far place, a woman left sighing over past love in her tumbledown abode—It is these, surely, that embody the romance of love."

Poem can be found here! It sure is gorgeous though, yeah.
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/316262/essays-in-idleness-and-hojoki-by-kenko-and-chomei/.

joined Jul 14, 2021

<3 Thank you very much! That makes me so happy lol, I spent so long on some of it and I'm glad to hear it paid off.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Gosh, loved that! Two interesting and vivid girls each seeing the one thing they held precious in the other immediately AND an epilogue to cap off the mild angst? Lovely.

Thanks for the upload! It was a beautiful work in every way.

きらきら輝いた
Dqijxcpe
joined Jul 26, 2020

Poem can be found here! It sure is gorgeous though, yeah.
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/316262/essays-in-idleness-and-hojoki-by-kenko-and-chomei/.

you really found it? holy crap, I tried searching for it earlier, but I guess I didn't search enough. I know what I'll be reading now, thank you so much : )

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

I appreciate the theming and contrast of voice vs. writing in this very much, especially how a letter brought them back together and how Nagi managed to overpower Michiru's voice in the end, signifying her growth. They both liked similar things about each other, they had the same ideal. It merely found a different outlet.

But I must ask whether these girls have ever heard of telephones before... You can call each other even if you are in different countries. And a letter enthusiast like Michiru should have been pining for a pen pal from Japan, surely? It's not a big criticism, I simply don't enjoy unnecessary separation to begin with and them making no effort to contact each other for 2 years seems rather forced. Sometimes logic is lost in the desire to underline a theme and a poignant moment like "burning my voice into your mind", which would lose it's power if they just called each other all the time.

Obviously it has a happy ending and ultimately two years are not that much in the grand scheme of things. All that maters is that they are together now.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

That was beautiful!

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

That's cute. Very wholesome. It was very filling to me who might have covid right now but I'm not too sure.

joined Dec 13, 2018

literally only in japanese manga have I seen using someone's first name be a titanic, years long struggle

nice

joined Aug 21, 2017

Littering is bad but this manga is good. Thanks for posting.

joined Jan 14, 2020

making no effort to contact each other for 2 years seems rather forced.

I assumed they exchanged letters but then Michiru flaked. But yeah, was a "what?" moment.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

This anthology is girly and relatable as hell. Very true oomfies.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

<3 Thank you very much! That makes me so happy lol, I spent so long on some of it and I'm glad to hear it paid off.

Oh god, it WAS fantastic. The best typesetting when you don’t even notice it, and i surely didn’t. 10/10.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

How DARE this not be a series

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

*girl said she likes letters
*proceeds to throw those letters out to the wind
lol

4888529%20_49b062906260ad84b9c4ba29a3fc40d1
joined Jul 25, 2014

i mean, awesome story

but Im so mad at all those letters that are thrown away (´;ω;`)

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

how come they stop writing letters for 2 years? I would have thought that, since there is some form of love between them, they should have keep on writing to each other especially one of them is overseas, also, there is telephone and email. Or face time. They are close to indirect confession.

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 8:17PM

joined May 3, 2014

how come they stop writing letters for 2 years? I would have thought that, since there is some form of love between them, they should have keep on writing to each other especially one of them is overseas, also, there is telephone and email. Or face time. They are close to indirect confession.

it’s for the dramatic thingy lool

To reply you must either login or sign up.