Forum › Otherside Picnic discussion

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

and there it is - the forbidden Rubik's cube

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Wow, Satsuki is (was?) a real nasty piece of work, huh?

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Can't wait for Sorawo's growth

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Good ol Sorawo being super jealous and posessive, and never telling anyone about Satsuki.

Toriko: holy shit my insides are being ripped apart

Sorawo: but you look kinda cute while you’re in pain

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Turns out, Satsuki might actually be pretty bad news. Who'da thunk?

joined Jun 5, 2018

Good ol Sorawo being super jealous and posessive, and never telling anyone about Satsuki.

fetish developement was the true curse all along!

Wbb-polar%20(3)
joined Dec 12, 2021

poor kozakura
Omg, it is happening!

"it had been created to exterminat the blooline of its target."
Where i can find one ?

EDIT> i already knew this, but sorawo is so strange too

last edited at Dec 24, 2021 6:14AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

The sudden appearance of Satsuki was very nicely done. I thought I couldn't be surprised, since I already knew she'd be there from the novel, yet here we are...

Also, I can't not point out how cool Kozakura looks in that outfit, I've been thinking about it since chapter 43.

Can you really blame Sorawo, though? I mean, did you see that face? (I'm only half-kidding)

Seriously, though, I love the way the artist pays attention to how they draw Toriko, it really feels like we're seeing what Sorawo sees.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

This is one of my favorite stories from the novels. I do wish the manga made it more obvious that the birds are continuously flying into the girls and emerging again having ripped what look like chunks of flesh out of them. Toriko and Sorawo are being constantly attacked the whole time they're trying to dismantle the box.

This must be an introduction to the new movie. HellRaiser 5: A Pinch of Yuri. But in all seriousness Sorawo and her jealousy is really annoying me. If she told Toriko that it’s Satsuki doing all this evil stuff maybe Toriko wouldn’t be so hung up on Satsuki.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

But in all seriousness Sorawo and her jealousy is really annoying me. If she told Toriko that it’s Satsuki doing all this evil stuff maybe Toriko wouldn’t be so hung up on Satsuki.

It bothered me at this point in the novels too. I don't think we're supposed to like it. Sorawo is a deeply flawed character. It makes her interesting, but can be very frustrating at times like this.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

The story about Kotoribako is probably the best side-track read so far....
https://www.kowabana.net/2018/01/28/kotoribako/
Really sad and highly disturbing tale...

joined Oct 20, 2020

If she told Toriko that it’s Satsuki doing all this evil stuff maybe Toriko wouldn’t be so hung up on Satsuki.

All what evil stuff? This is only the second time Sorawo has seen Satsuki, and it's the first time she's been able to solidly connect Satsuki to anything happening (she only shows up at the last second on the beach). Not exactly a lot of go on, not to mention this isn't really a good time to sit down and discuss it.

That aside, given how desperate Toriko's been to find Satsuki, I don't think it's unreasonable for Sorwo to worry that confirming her existence would send Toriko off on another wild search for her like in file 4. Toriko hasn't exactly demonstrated the ability to approach the matter in a calm, rational fashion.

That's not to say Sorawo's approach is exactly rational or healthy either, but I think it's at least understandable given the circumstances. Especially at this point.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

After all this time I just realised that I have been reading the title wrong - I first miss-read it as Otherside Panic, rather than Picnic... and that kind of stuck in my brain.

Oh well, so much for my observation skills ;p

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

^ I don't see any problem with your take

joined Oct 20, 2020

Kozakura: "Wait, it's not 'panic'?"

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Well shit.

joined May 7, 2021

Welp.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Everyone should know: shoot first, ask questions later. Might as well try to punch her, with the corpses magical hand if necessary.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Things are getting intense now.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

It's nice that it has been so long since I read the LN chapters, I can't actually remember what happens.

joined May 9, 2017

I started to read the LN a month ago and just got into file 8 yesterday. Needless to say, I can't wait to see what is happening after this chapter, the cliffhanger is really dramatic! I agree with what people have been saying before, the LN is really worth it and even if the manga is a fantastic adaptation. I definitively don't regret reading the first two volumes, it has been a real treat so far.

About this chapter, the way Toriko is caring about Sorawo is quite disturbing as she is way too selfless. Since the beginning we could see that she is a very caring person, but it seems to come from profound insecurity and lack of self-love. That's why they both complement each other pretty well. Sorawo is slowly growing to be a more open and caring person thanks to Toriko while Toriko is slowly learning to detach her self-worth from her relationship with Satsuki thanks to Sorawo. Even if the event from the previous chapter almost got her back to square one…

And on another note, damn, Satsuki is hot…

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Sorawo really unloaded the whole magazine at Satsuki...

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i just finished the novel vol 1-6 :D

that was fun,now i have to wait for the next one :3

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Untranslated first panel:
"Breaking the Kotoribako was no good.
Shooting at the woman in black was no good.
The Makarov is out of bullets..."

To reply you must either login or sign up.